Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt just makes you think about old people you *actually* care about.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13480457&mesg_id=13490847
13490847, It just makes you think about old people you *actually* care about.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Sep-05-23 02:41 PM
Like, I watch those videos and see my grandfather-in-law, who was like that for years before he passed, and it was fucking brutal.

I don't really give a fuck about Mitch suffering, as he's made so many people suffer for decades, but when you watch *anyone* suffering, it makes sense that it's "hard to watch," because the situation, not the person, creates an automatic emotional reaction. We don't want to see people go through it, because it becomes a grim and brutal reminder of how so many of us will go out, at the end of the day.

It's also just always so much worse *watching* these things happen publicly vs. hearing about them too. Like, if dude fell down a flight of stairs, like you said, I think the grave dancing would commence and be justified. If we *watched* him fall down a flight of stairs, there'd be a visceral "Jesus Christ, that must be terribly fucking painful" reaction. So while I definitely get the partying over Mitch's suffering... I definitely would rather not have to see it. If that makes sense.