Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDiddy & Ms. Lauryn Hill Are Headlining Roots Picnic 2023 - OKP
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13479121&mesg_id=13479121
13479121, Diddy & Ms. Lauryn Hill Are Headlining Roots Picnic 2023 - OKP
Posted by c71, Mon Feb-20-23 05:43 PM
https://www.okayplayer.com/music/roots-picnic-2023-linuep.html

Diddy & Ms. Lauryn Hill Are Headlining Roots Picnic 2023

MUSIC

DIMAS SANFIORENZO
Dimas Sanfiorenzo is the Managing Editor for Okayplayer.

Roots Picnic 2023 is back with performances from Ms. Lauryn Hill , Diddy, Lil Uzi Vert, and more.

The Roots Picnic will be returning to The Mann in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia. And, for year 15, they are returning with a monster lineup.

On Monday, The Roots announced the festival lineup for their festival: headlining the festival will be Ms. Lauryn Hill, who will be celebrating 25 years of The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill; the co-headliner will be Diddy, who will perform a career spanning set backed by The Roots. Also attached to the lineup is Dave Chappelle, who will be performing a special stand-up comedy performance at the Wells Fargo Center.

IG

diddy
Verified
I’ve ripped down stages all around the world and now I’m doing my first @ROOTSPICNIC!! Make sure you pull up! I’m putting together a very special show! Not that regular degular! I don’t have time to play!! We’re going to fuck that stage up!

Presale Tickets on sale tomorrow at 12pm ET at therootspicnic.com with code: LNU23. S/O @livenationurban!

Also performing at the festival: Ari Lennox, City Girls, Lucky Daye, SYD, Little Brother, Glorilla, and more.

Per usual, the festival features a bunch of hometown love: Lil Uzi Vert is a headliner; Eve will make an appearance during J. Period and Black Thought’s Live Mixtape set; DJ Drama will be in the house; and there will be a State Property Reunion featuring all of the members.

Roots Picnic isn’t just music, of course. There’s also a podcast stage. Yes, Questlove will be doing a live episode of Questlove Supreme, but there will also be podcast episodes Off the Record with DJ Akademiks, Lip Service w Angela Yee, People’s Party W/ Talib Kwli, and more.

A fan club presale launches tomorrow, February 21 at noon ET. General on-sale will follow on Wednesday, February 22 at 10 AM ET. For weekend tickets and VIP packages check here

Check out the entire lineup below.

Ms. Lauryn Hill

Diddy & The Roots

Dave Chappelle

lil uzi vert

Ari Lennox

City Girls

Maverick City

DJ Drama

Saucy Santana

Uncle Waffles

Lucy Daye

Syd

Glorilla

Soulquarians Icons Set: Isley Brothers, Roy Ayers

J.Period Live Mixtape: Black Thought, Eve, Busta Rhymes

DVSN

Kindred

The Family Soul

Spinall

Adam Blackstone with special guests Mary Mary, Coco Jones

Baller Alert presents Go Go: Rare Essence, Backyard Band

State Property Reunion: Beanie Sigel, Freeway, Young Gunz, Peedi Crakk, Oschino & Sparks

Little Brother

Yussef Dayes Experience

Symba

Fridayy

Mike Phillips

Rocky

DJ Diamond Kuts

DJ Aktive

Dappa

Akin Inaj & Inutech

Podcast stage: Charlamagne the god, off the record with DJ Akademiks

Lip service with Angela Yee, Questlove supreme, Don't call me white girl. People's party w/ Talib Kweli

Pour Minds

Trap Nerds

The Office XIV

Love + Grit