Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: why does it bother you so much
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13477453&mesg_id=13492365
13492365, RE: why does it bother you so much
Posted by fif, Thu Oct-05-23 12:59 PM
>that Handle is COVID cautious? It is getting borderline
>creepy.

well first, i think it is good that people are now talking about the pros and cons of boosting in this thread. NOT because I think they should all arrive at the same decision I have, but because it is good for people to be aware that there IS a debate to be had about boosters. So when I say I'm bringing balance, this is what I mean. It's not I'm right, he's wrong--it's that he is wrong to act like his viewpoint is holy writ and everyone else is unscientific/foolish/a conspiracy nut.

That is probably what bothers me most about him. It's 'his way or the highway' on many topics. And he goes to ad hominem attacks very quickly against people who disagree with him while never engaging on the substance.

So yea, he personally attacks me, and I tell him I think he's a bit not right in the head. Maybe that's low of me but...he brings it to that level regularly.

Ok, fair enough, start my own thread on covid origins, maybe I will. But scroll up and see how he completely mischaracterizes my position (in a way btw that seems to imply I hold my beliefs for racist reasons), and refuses to engage with the facts. This is his m.o. for many topics and I think should make people very wary of following him on covid topics, he doesn't engage with view opposing his, and, I think, is displaying cult-like thinking and behavior in this thread (and others).

>What's worse is the motivation. Handle is trying to be safe
>and keep others safe. Even if you think he's overdoing it, he
>means well.

I think there is a non-zero chance that the current regime of covid boosters will be something SOME people regret doing in the future.

"Some people" is important here, right. I am not telling anyone what to do re: covid vaccines. I'm not telling no one to get them. You discuss your EBV and reasons why you remain concerned about covid. These are good reasons. Some people have good reasons to remain cautions. Other people have good reasons for not being as concerned. It all comes down to the individual and their situation.

>You are in there thinking you are the Elon Musk of this joint
>speaking for a silent majority that doesn't exist.

Hm, not everyone who reads this thread posts in it. Consider this: a while back I made a poll in GD asking: covid origin: lab leak or natural origin? Okps who voted, voted 'lab leak' by a good majority. But you wouldn't think that is what okp would vote based on the discussion of covid origins in this thread (and in others). I've been pretty much the only one defending the lab leak position, meanwhile, it appears, a "silent majority" believes it came from a lab leak.

>Obviously, myocarditis is not the only risk of actual COVID so
>your argument is complete bullshit.
>
>COVID has other risks- especially for certain groups.
>
>It is also a novel virus and we don't know the long-term
>implications.

we also don't know much about natural immunity, "hybrid immunity" and so on. there are reasons to believe that most people don't need another boost at this point. there are reasons why people might want that boost.

the point is this is a debate that scientists are having. for okp to act like there is only one side and that side's champion is Handle, who must not be questioned is ridiculous. And so I throw in my two cents. The people I trust on this don't think about it anything like Handle and I know that they are much more qualified (and generally reasonable) people than Handle. So I pipe up.

>It is okay to question doctors sometimes. Someone had to
>graduate at the bottom of these classes.

right, and you don't have to believe me, but I talk to people who...let's just say... didn't graduate at the bottom of their classes.

>Maybe he's high risk. Maybe a family member is high risk.
>Maybe he just doesn't want to get COVID infections over and
>over again.

to your EBV and any high risk people, I'm not making recommendations. Show me where. I asked Walleye...who I think runs around a lot etc...why he got the boost, he explained his reasoning, I said fair enough. And have caveated that people need to make their own decisions throughout this thread.

>
>
>you are a
>>hypochondriac.
>
>
>Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. But why does it bother you so
>much?
>

I don't like that he peddles fear. he projects his fear, thinks he's super-rational about this one topic, uses ad hominem to discredit people who disagree with him and strikes me as a generally unbalanced person--not the kind of guy to lend an ear to on important topics. Also, he shows no evolution in his thinking. Has he ever been wrong about anything? You show him he is wrong and he can't admit it. All this bothers me enough that I feel it's worth pointing out.

>Get up and go look in a fucking mirror. You are the exact
>same- expect your motivation is unclear at best and completely
>fucked up at worst.

disagree. i'm disagreeing with an advice dispensing vending machine. but I'm not telling anyone what to do.

>But this shit in here about this COVID concern, etc is fucking
>weirdo behavior. If you don't like it, stay out of the
>fucking thread.

testy testy. i think this is good that we are discussing this. you disagree and want me to shutup, ok. i will bear in mind the good people get out of this and try not to jam that up for them.

>
>Plenty of people clearly appreciate the updates. Most of us
>are just trying to read his updates.
>
>Go pop a Vitamin C and a Zinc and open a new thread or some
>shit. Enough with the weirdo behavior. Its officially gotten
>old.
>

sometimes i get nauseated when i take zinc but other times i do not. i don't really know why. take it once in a while cuz why not. good for testosterone im told