Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt’s definitely something that is an individual decision with many factors
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13477453&mesg_id=13492248
13492248, It’s definitely something that is an individual decision with many factors
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Oct-02-23 05:21 PM
that would change risk level. Factors like age, co-morbidity, family or others you are in close contact with having elevated risk, the impact of past boosters and whether or not you saw symptoms, your own experience with getting Covid if you’ve had it, the current variants that are out and how bad they are, how much exposure you have with others who might be infected but don’t care because their symptoms are low, etc.

Many of these factors are exactly the same for the flu vaccine. I get that show every year because my parents are in their 70s and I see them often, and don’t want to get sick. Some years the flu strain is worse than others, and doctors will more heavily recommend it. I’ve been used to that for years before Covid. There were also some years where the flu shot got me sick, but I was willing to deal with that since it typically would be way less sick than if I’d gotten that year’s flu, and again I don’t want to expose my parents. I really see the Covid vaccine and variants as very similar, and I adjust the timing of when and if I get new vaccines/boosters similarly. I have to go to a conference for work next month, and there’s a new vaccine out so I’m getting that Covid vaccine next week.

Again it’s a personal decision. But the issue with fif in this post is he seems confused about other people’s level of risk like he has to convince them otherwise. That makes no sense to me.