Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI have a sore throat, a fever, and if I make myself cough ..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13477453&mesg_id=13491041
13491041, I have a sore throat, a fever, and if I make myself cough ..
Posted by handle, Sun Sep-10-23 04:44 AM
Friday I went hiking in preparation for my Yosemite backcountry hike coming up on the 21st. I had a very small tickle in my throat. I woke up at 1 AM on Saturday and the sore throat was slightly worse. I’d say compared to previous sore throats that it’s a 1 on the scale of 1 to 10.

I took a Covid test at home and it is negative

Saturday I stayed home and I woke up just now at 2:36 AM with a temperature of 101.3, my sore throat is slightly worse, I feel very very warm (although the temperature was 84° in my house, me, turning off the air conditioner may be why I feel so warm but I have a fever of 101.3, that would not be caused by just being in a slightly warm house,), and if I force myself to cough , there’s a little tickle in my throat that shouldn’t be there. Also, like a one on the scale of one to 10 of discomfort.

I’ll take a Covid test when I wake up tomorrow.

This could be something as simple as a sore throat.
This could be Covid.

I’ve been in the presence of three people in the last two weeks where we’ve been unmasked. None have reported any Covid symptoms (yet.)

The very bad news is that my elderly mother, my elderly aunt, and my less seemingly elderly, but 70 year old uncle came over to my house on Friday at noon when I had no symptoms to see my new kitten, and they were here for 30 minutes, and all the windows were closed, and the air conditioner was on