Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti'll also add this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13477453&mesg_id=13490915
13490915, i'll also add this
Posted by fif, Wed Sep-06-23 05:12 PM
since people like you rjcc think they can travel into my life (and those of other posters) and determine how I come to my beliefs.

i talk to a lot of people about this. a lot of very intelligent well-credentialed people agree with me. some disagree, sure. i understand the arguments from both sides well. what you have been doing doesn't pass muster.

i don't put a ton of my beliefs out there on okp in a rigorous way, but I consider this an important topic and that it is worthwhile to try to publicize to okp my beliefs here. why? well this all is to me in the realm of "true conspiracy". it also is not that difficult for people to get up to speed on. i am not a conspiracy nut, i don't have a long track record of believing in this or that conspiracy. unlike most of okp, i believe covid very likely came out of a lab in wuhan...why do I think it is important that people consider this possibility and get on board with this thinking?

because gain of function research is very new and very dangerous: it represents an existential threat to humanity.

let's rough estimate that covid killed 10mn people worldwide.

the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki killed ~110k people on the day of...and maybe another 100k from long-term effects.

what virologists can currently do, in many ways, represents a GREATER threat to humans than nuclear weapons