Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThat study was for 2022
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13477453&mesg_id=13487913
13487913, That study was for 2022
Posted by handle, Wed Jul-05-23 02:04 PM
>(that i'm aware of)
>I think 90% of people I know got it

The number surely increased over the winter.

But this is interesting from the article:
"Just 54.9% of all adults currently think they have ever had COVID-19, according to Census Bureau survey results published by the CDC through mid-June. "

So 54.9% think they got it, but blood tests show at 77% have antibodies formed from infection. (Probably very mild or completely asymptomatic cases.)

They stopped doing the study and surveillance is so low that we'll never know - except that it was a very very high percentage of people that got infected.

Also this:
"Of all age groups, seniors have the smallest share of Americans with at least one prior infection, at 56.5% of people ages 65 and over. Young adults and teens had the largest proportion of people with a prior infection, at 87.1% of people ages 16 to 29."

So the younger people got it more often than seniors - just got sick and/or died at a much lower rate.

Fingers crossed for you that you didn't get it!! (I'm coming up on getting it two years ago on the 15th.)