Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13477315
13477315, ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Posted by Geah, Wed Jan-25-23 11:43 AM
Zzz
13477317, Comfortable - Lil' Wayne
Posted by spades, Wed Jan-25-23 11:53 AM
13477329, Bout time to look for a new job I guess
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Jan-25-23 12:42 PM
Record sales…
But we all have to take a base salary cut and assistant commmisions are being cut 25 percent

New director took all the feedback we gave him during his on boarding process and said fuck all that I’m about to fuck y’all over. Now pretty much all our team is looking for new jobs off this

13477341, Seeing more Black men in cyber
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jan-25-23 01:45 PM
now we need more Black women

Going to a women in cyber convention in Denver in a few months. Never been to Denver before.
13477343, got braces yesterday.
Posted by shygurl, Wed Jan-25-23 01:48 PM
Aggravated at the financials because I choose to carry two dental insurance policies this year for the sole purpose of using both to help pay for these shits. Come to find out that you can only use one policy on orthodontic work at a time 😡😡😡. So basically I'm paying for two policies for nothing. 😢

My installation was long as hell and made worse by the fact that I was there for 2.5 hours and was the oldest patient there by far lolll. I think I saw one other adult patient and he was like 25 so I was feeling like grandma surrounded by children lol.
13477359, like real wire braces?
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jan-25-23 04:48 PM
and can’t you just cancel one of the dental plans.

how would you even take advantage of it since you are paying 2 premiums?
13477371, yup, old school wire braces
Posted by shygurl, Wed Jan-25-23 07:56 PM
And I can't cancel them because both are through my jobs (one through my full time, the other through my part time).

I was hoping to use both to pay for the braces, but since I can't I guess I'll just use them to get extra cleanings since my dentist recommended getting cleanings more frequently because of the braces.
13477367, Hmm I don't know if I contributed to someone getting fired
Posted by mista k5, Wed Jan-25-23 06:16 PM
I mean not like I messed things up for them but my complaining maybe did?? The rep for a vendor just called, when I saw his name I didn't think twice and figured he was following up on something. When I picked up he told me today was his last day and thanked me. The tone wasn't sarcastic but I asked if he was on to better things he didn't hear me then I realized that maybe he didn't quit. I reluctantly repeated it and he said "yes I hope to find something". Welp.

Thing is over a year ago the vendor started messing up a lot and well if this guy is the rep then I think it kind of does fall on him. They had added a second person to manage our account and at that time I thought he had replaced this guy but nah they have both been on our account. So yeah I don't know, there's been over a year of issues and nothing major very recently so I'm thinking this isn't on me. Still feels bad.

We never had much of a rapport so I am a bit puzzled that he called if it wasn't something that the company asked him to do. I was very lost on what else to say to him. Feel like I should had said something more though.
13477397, "Keep ya head up big dawg"
Posted by FLUIDJ, Thu Jan-26-23 10:03 AM
13477368, school loans forgiven..can breathe again, baby..
Posted by rdhull, Wed Jan-25-23 07:05 PM
I can breathe again
13477407, How?
Posted by spades, Thu Jan-26-23 12:39 PM
13477411, Right?
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jan-26-23 01:44 PM
13477417, probably working for a non profit
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jan-26-23 03:08 PM
or finally honoring some of those loan forgiveness programs they lied about
13477419, PSLP ..the one I mentioned in other loan thread
Posted by rdhull, Thu Jan-26-23 03:13 PM
10 years of monthly payments and your fulfilled. Trump began that forbearance when Covidnhit so didn't have to actually 'pay' the past 3 years but the months till 'counted."
13477425, nice
Posted by mista k5, Thu Jan-26-23 03:58 PM
13477427, real nice!!
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jan-26-23 04:10 PM
13477369, Is there any vale/good grieving on social media?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Jan-25-23 07:38 PM
Jaguar Wright aside, I am dealing with a love one who lost their spouse and when I talk to them they don't bring up the problems and issues they are facing but they are on social media pouring their heart out about how bad they feel. Is there a value in that or should I be telling them to get off social media and get into therapy?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13477391, I’d *suggest* therapy, wouldn’t tell them to get off social media
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jan-26-23 09:16 AM
>Jaguar Wright aside, I am dealing with a love one who lost
>their spouse and when I talk to them they don't bring up the
>problems and issues they are facing but they are on social
>media pouring their heart out about how bad they feel. Is
>there a value in that or should I be telling them to get off
>social media and get into therapy?

There’s absolutely value in that. People tend to be empathetic in these situations, and chances are she’ll get a greater outpouring of that empathy, affection, etc on social media than they’ll get off it.

The value of that depends on the person, and it sounds like they see value in it

Plus, there’s the added bonus of being able to go back and read a comment, which they couldn’t do with a verbal discussion.

Telling them to get off it will probably put them on the defensive.

But gently, lovingly suggesting therapy is always a good way to go.

You can also extend your hand in support, letting them know your door, ears, shoulders are open to them should they need it.

But I wouldn’t say a word about the social media part.

Hope that’s food for thought.
13477418, I have a few friends who post emotionally
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jan-26-23 03:11 PM
and I want to say something but it aint my place

I’ve seen way too many “its my page, block me if you dont want to read what I’m writing” which are obviously directed at people who have said something to them a out their emotional posting

and they are correct.
13477432, suggesting therapy is good.
Posted by tariqhu, Thu Jan-26-23 05:12 PM
but telling people how to grieve is risky. let them post and share as they want, even if it means it's not directly to you.
13477436, Yall are all right.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Jan-26-23 06:54 PM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13477438, Tell them to join a support group
Posted by luminous, Thu Jan-26-23 09:50 PM
Also buy them a book like: https://a.co/d/4VqD0Ez
13477439, Fuck. Yes. They picked me for the bargaining team!
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jan-26-23 11:25 PM
This is no small thing. I'm excited and proud that I made enough of an impression just to be recommended. But to get selected?

I'm trying to keep a grounded perspective. Maybe it's not that big a deal, but this does feel like something special.
13477517, Congrats! If it feels like a win to you, then it absolutely is.
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Jan-28-23 02:13 PM
13477519, RE: Congrats! If it feels like a win to you, then it absolutely is.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Jan-28-23 02:43 PM
Thanks!

For context, I work for a large county with a high population.

The union for most of our employess, and my bargaining unit, is the Teamsters. This contract represents around 11,000 employees in total.

I'd be excited to be on the team if it were a twentieth of that size, but the sheer size and scope of these negotiations, not to mention how tense things got while negotiating the last one, plus the fact that I've only been an active Steward for three months lead me to believe it's a pretty big deal to be selected.

I see it as, my business agent has to have a healthy amount of faith and respect in me to recommend me for such a critical task. It's not like I'm the guy running the show or even close.

So the confidence boost is huge.
13477444, My uncle is a well known lawyer
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jan-27-23 09:28 AM
defended mike vick and a few other high profile people.

his boss is trying to holla at my mother in law. They have known each other for years.

She asked me what she should do. I told her just don’t break his heart and fuck my uncles job up.. lol.

Also told her lawyers aint shit so don’t believe the hype.

This world is too small.. smh.