Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI kind of miss auto shows
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13475226&mesg_id=13475930
13475930, I kind of miss auto shows
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jan-03-23 02:11 PM
I know when I first heard of them my mind was blown. I really wanted to go to one. When I moved to Detroit I think I went every year.

I almost convinced myself to buy a CRV this weekend. I was going to go top trim hybrid. I figured that I almost went with an Intergra and that was only like $2k less than the CRV would be lol

I had seen a video of cars that dealerships had inventory of and willing to make deals on. That lead to me looking at inventory at Honda dealerships (I think Accord's were listed for potential deals) and I saw the CRV. I think three dealerships in the area each had one. Two of them confirmed they would sell it at MSRP. I was busy that day so I thought I'd go check it out the next day. At some point in that first day I was like naaaaah lol

The way they're doing the hybrid is kind of odd. Supposedly it will use gas all of the time while many hybrids will run on pure electric at some points. That's what I really want. My commute is less than 4 miles each way and under 50 MPH the whole way. I think in many hybrids I could potentially go without using gas for a good chunk of my week until the motor needs to get juiced up.

I kind of do want the CRV. It almost has everything I want, no ventilated seats is another "zonk" on it. I think I'm going to chill though.

My brain is telling me to wait until 2024 to take advantage of the EV tax credits. If you buy this year you will get a credit on your taxes you file next year. If you buy next year you get the credit knocked off the MSRP.

I miiiiight go look at a Bolt EUV but would be smarter to just wait.

I figure I will have more options and maybe Honda even adds ventilated seats to the CRV.

That's a lot of money for that Accord. I've been waiting to see pricing for it.