Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti dont know if i would be a nightmare boss
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13473976&mesg_id=13474022
13474022, i dont know if i would be a nightmare boss
Posted by mista k5, Wed Nov-30-22 05:24 PM
I have mostly been the same as you. Always a perfectionist and just would not mess up. The whole, I thought I messed up once but I was mistaken thing. The last few years I have chilled out more and made more mistakes. That said I still make much less mistakes than everyone else.

I am also trying to do my job with much less information than reasonable, having to fish the information needed from everywhere. Being instructed to just get it done even though I don't have the information I need to do so. Yet I find a way. I also provide the information in every way imaginable and yet I still get asked or they act like they don't know. There's been times where I simply ask "did you read my email" their response, no. I tell them in person or on the phone, they forget. I put it in a log where they can access it and look it up..they don't look. Yet part of my boss' feedback in my last eval was that I needed to communicate better.

Just yesterday my boss called to confirm some information. He tried to make it seem like I had it wrong but I have receipts that this is how he set it up and how he confirmed we would do it multiple times. For some reason he decided to change it and didn't let me know. Thankfully we went over it just in time.