Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWho would you rather have running as the R in 2024?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13473212&mesg_id=13473242
13473242, Who would you rather have running as the R in 2024?
Posted by Oak27, Mon Nov-14-22 02:51 PM
Trump or DeSantis? Moreso, which do you think Biden has a better chance of beating?

My initial thought was that a lot of Trump voters are Trump loyalists and are only excited about politics when Trump is on the ballot or at least actively telling them to vote for a candidate, so if Trump isn't on the ballot, assuming the dem voters (see: Gen Y and Z) still show up in droves, it should be an easy victory.

But then I think about how many "never Trump" voters on the Republican side there were who either voted for Biden begrudgingly or just sat out entirely in 2020 because they hated both candidates would be DeSantis votes in 2024 and make it harder for Biden. It's clear that momentum is on DeSantis' side and the party is starting to favor him and being vocal about it.

Massachusetts lets Independents choose their ballot in the primary, so I'm thinking about grabbing a Repub ballot just to vote DeSantis and helping the Fuck Trump 2024 cause before it gets too far.

My hope is that DeSantis wins the nom and Trump threatens to run as a 3rd party. Probably too good to be true though. But even if his name isn't on the ballot, assuming he doesn't end up endorsing DeSantis, you know a whole bunch of MAGA voters are going to write him in cause to those crazies Trump >>> Party/Country/Themselves