Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13472869
13472869, ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Posted by Geah, Wed Nov-09-22 07:00 AM
13472878, glad these midterms are over
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-22 09:17 AM
not that I really give af like I used to.

I peaked and followed for a bit yesterday and the results look better than expected but I’m just tired of the constant cycle of politics.

voted and did my part tho

———

should be going back to the office soon. Can’t wait. I like people, shrugs
13472898, i almost bought a car friday
Posted by mista k5, Wed Nov-09-22 10:32 AM
i had decided i was going to chill but every few days i would check inventory on some models. saw my local dealership got one in of the trim i wanted. i shot the sales man a text, no answer. gave the dealership a call, sent to voicemail. i ran the numbers and set a target number for my trade in but also felt okay about getting "fair" value for it. so i drove down and...they couldnt find the car in their system. then they told me they just sold one but a different color so idk. i gave them the stock number and now he says that one also sold.

they tried to get me to put a deposit on one in transit but naaah. i really don't need to. i need to keep focusing on paying down debt so the longer i wait to get a new car the better lol

i told them i would if they went below msrp and manager basically shook my hand and walked away lol sales man keeps texting but i told him im only interested at under msrp, he said he's going to talk to his boss lol
13472907, universe is trying to tell you to chill but you are determined
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-22 10:54 AM
to spend that money

Americans and our cars.

Stay strong man, not trying to count your pockets but you sure make it sound like its a want and not a need that would put you in a better position financially.

I ask as someone who wants a new car but is also content driving a 2011 until the wheels fall
off.

I just checked and my 0 APR card increased my limit! 12 months with no interest on my debt.
13472912, yeah its a want
Posted by mista k5, Wed Nov-09-22 11:18 AM
with my math id be spending $50 more per month for the upgrades but it would be for more years. the rest of the difference would be saved by using less gas. still, $50 is $50.

the used car trade in premiums are just about gone and that was a big reason i started looking into it. at this point it's harder to justify going forward with it.
13472916, $50 isn’t much but how much do you have left to pay?
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-22 11:26 AM
I know some people are okay with always having a car note because they like having a newer whip.

I’m all about not having a car payment.

Don’t get me wrong, I love cars and get jealous seeing new cars but I keep reminding myself.. no car payment. Stay strong!! lol

if its not significantly longer you might come out better if its a hybrid.
13472921, I have 3 years left, paying 4.03% interest
Posted by mista k5, Wed Nov-09-22 11:45 AM
I think it only makes sense if I get a lower APR which some companies are offering but not typically on hybrids and only for short terms. My plan was to pay this car off, sooner if possible. Sometimes you just want an upgrade though lol. I'm more okay with having a car payment than I used to be. What I don't want is a ton of credit card bills.

I think the TLDR is I want a newer nicer car that is a hybrid and has more safety features. I don't need one so I'm only doing it if I get it at a good price.
13472915, cause I'm nosy lol
Posted by shygurl, Wed Nov-09-22 11:23 AM
But didn't you just buy a car a few months ago?
13472917, new car smell wore off.. lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-22 11:27 AM
13472919, nah lol im not quite that impulsive
Posted by mista k5, Wed Nov-09-22 11:31 AM
ive been looking for a few months but i bought my current in january 2019. at about 4 years now which isnt really that long.
13472931, lol ok
Posted by shygurl, Wed Nov-09-22 12:08 PM
I thought it was more recent, but it's almost three years ago.
13472933, 3 years 10 months ago
Posted by mista k5, Wed Nov-09-22 12:17 PM
:)
13472938, lolll please don't call out my poor math skills!
Posted by shygurl, Wed Nov-09-22 12:28 PM
Trying to do too many things at once lollll

Edit - When you said four years, I thought that meant the car was four years old when you purchased it
13472955, my bad
Posted by mista k5, Wed Nov-09-22 01:51 PM
My own brain goes back and forth on me with it though lol I keep thinking 2019 so thats 3 years but then I'm like wait its basically 2023 already so yeah.

The car is a 2018 that I bought new in 2019. First time I bought a new car.
13472948, My aunt put a deposit for an "In transit" RAV4
Posted by handle, Wed Nov-09-22 01:30 PM
It came in THE NEXT DAY.

So the deposits work!!

I'd like to get a new car for no real reason too.
13472954, When was it supposed to get to her?
Posted by mista k5, Wed Nov-09-22 01:48 PM
They are saying January. So I'm thinking if I still want it in the middle of December I will go back and see if there are any unclaimed to put one down on. IF putting a deposit actually makes it come quicker though..

They wanted me to put down $1000, I was like noooope. Then he said $250..that had me thinking. Then he said $100...at the point it was just the principle keeping me from saying yes lol
13472976, I don't think they promised her a date
Posted by handle, Wed Nov-09-22 03:14 PM
My mom lives out there and told me about it, but I got the impression the time frame was only "in the next few weeks."

But something like 15 showed up the next day, but those had to wait for a few days to "get them ready."

Not sure if she has the car yet or not , but she didn't have to wait long at all.

I know in general the RAV 4 waiting list is really long. She might have just gotten lucky.
13472993, could be, could depend on other things too
Posted by mista k5, Wed Nov-09-22 06:58 PM
basically the car i want has no options at the trim i want. so its just a matter of what color comes in and even if i have a preference its not a deciding factor. maybe your aunt left the options and/or trim open and just was okay with any RAV 4 that came in. probably helps if youre paying over MSRP too.

i live pretty near where this dealer receives their inventory and drive by it every day on my way to and from work (i would need to go out of my way not to) i saw them offloading a few these past couple of days. it was empty before then. probably not the trim i want but who knows. i also dont know if all the ones on the truck were being offloaded there or if it was going to head somewhere else to drop off the rest.
13472905, my friend in LA told me she has breast cancer.
Posted by tariqhu, Wed Nov-09-22 10:52 AM
I've never had someone close to me dealing with cancer. those words hit me hard af, so I can only imagine her feels when the doc told her.

we talked for a good while. started off with her holding back tears to share the news. towards the end of the call, she said she hadn't laughed in a long time and was thankful for the convo. I was happy to be a bright part of her day.

fuck cancer.
13472918, This Union Steward shit is definitely for me.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Nov-09-22 11:29 AM
1. I learned just how much I don't know, and how much I need to know.

I'm with it.

2. I realized that a lot of these cats don't know what the fuck they're doing.

We had a meeting with the two department heads yesterday.

It was mostly people venting their personal beefs and telling personal anecdotes, not the broader day-to-day problems we deal with.

our business agent was losing her mind trying to keep everyone on track. At the end, she looks at me and says "Yeah I've already got a list of people who can't come to the next one".

And a few of these people tried to make it a contentious meeting, and got smooth shut the fuck down. It's clear why/how these two got their posts. We've all worked with them, and I've dealt with the top dog a few times.

I'll pat myself on the back here, because I nailed two clear and concise issues:

-the fact that a *lot* of personnel problems need to go nuclear just to get to a solution, and I listed the reasons why this is the case.

I think he thought he nailed me by asking if I had a solution (it was the tone IMO), and I- wisely, as he wound up saying- said that the solution should be sourced through feedback from workers, and I'd work on a plan to sort that part out, and then narrow down 2-3 proposals to bring to his attention.

He brought up some obstacles to that, one being that most people don't want to stand on their own name. I reminded him of an old HR problem I took to him, where I used my issue to give everyone else a voice at the table. I brought a thick ass manilla envelope full of all manner of complaints.

All that shit was handled the next day, and I commended him for that.

So I was able to provide some proof of concept for what I want to do long term, but I also meant it when I said that we should crowdsource a potential solution.

-a solution to real, longstanding problem with our call center and the way "escalations" are handled. I told him straight up, I've brought this forth before and didn't so much as get a response.

My proposed solution was to create processing units within the call centers to handle escalations. I laid out the way they can go about establishing how many people should be staffed to handle those escalations.

Again, it was either the tone, or just my perception, but I think he thought he nailed me here too: I'm sure you have an email to support that claim, right?

Yep, sure do.

His face changed.

I sent it to him before close of business yesterday.

Anyhow, this is definitely right up my alley. I feel at home in a way I never have at a job. I still do my regular old job, but I feel like this additional role is eventually going to lead to a pivot to getting a full time gig as a business agent.
13473026, you are ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for this. fuck yeah
Posted by Damali, Thu Nov-10-22 01:03 PM
so proud of you, man!!!

d

"i do more for both our communities than you'll ever know." - Heinz
"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly
13472937, I'm going through a tough time, and I miss my dad.
Posted by spades, Wed Nov-09-22 12:22 PM
The older I get the more I value my male friendships. My mother is one of the most incredible people I know, but there some shit she can't guide me through.

I miss my dad. He passed years ago, but I got enough advice from him for a life-time. The bulk of which was sage, some of which was silly, and seemigly intended to be so.

I wish I could talk to him now.
13472994, I feel that
Posted by mista k5, Wed Nov-09-22 07:00 PM
I hope things pick up for you.

Lost my dad 5 years ago and although the pain did eventually go away, or level down to a new "normal" i very much have moments where i miss him. wish i could ask him about some things. even if its just wondering what he would think about a sporting event or something silly like that.
13472995, Think its been about 4 or 5 years for me
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-22 07:21 PM
but I actually don’t remember the date or the year

this is intentional..

13473032, that year had a ton of changes for me so i cant really forget it
Posted by mista k5, Thu Nov-10-22 01:46 PM