Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat do you think you know about them that I don't?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13472709&mesg_id=13473694
13473694, What do you think you know about them that I don't?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Nov-22-22 12:00 PM
And what criticism of them you don't think also applies to Nation of Islam, Islam or even Christianity?

As misguided as I think these guys are around history and organizing principles, these guys have no history of hurting anybody. In fact, a lot of these guys might otherwise be involved in some really non-productive negative stuff if it weren't for their religion.

I really don't get worked up over Mormon's mormon-ing despite thinking its a silly made up religion with racist origins. I definitely find it difficult to hate on a group that keeps brothers off the streets and not doing dumb ish.

I think it was cool for my boys to see a bunch of black men together united singing together being positive with one another and towards my kids.

I stand by my original statement and less you can provide some evidence of them doing harmful stuff with the black community.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"