Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think we're looking at it too logically
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13471860&mesg_id=13473780
13473780, I think we're looking at it too logically
Posted by handle, Fri Nov-25-22 11:36 AM
It doesn't look like there's been a mass exodus from the platform yet so he's got a TON of users he can monetize if he figures out how.

And the site seems to keep largely running without major obvious TECHNICAL issues.

So Twitter's failure will be almost entirely dependent on losing users - and according to the poll here even most people are not going to be leaving unless it turns into the hell scape some already think it is.

If Elon can do these things it'll be viable:
1)Prevent major downtimes
2)HIDE/suppress hateful content from people who don't want to see it. Think REDDIT but with the users posting bad comments ALWAYS trying to figure out how to get it in front of more and more people.
3)Find a way to get near breaking even money wise - or just sink money into it because he has a TON of money.

In this model the right-wing trolls will get to post their vitriol AND complain about not having entirely "free speech."

He does all this I doubt people will leave - or those using it basically as an RSS feed.

Unless Apple and Google take the app of the store because of the lack of moderation.

But if his wild mood swings, complete lies, and obvious shit-posting hasn't scared folks off yet then I don't think it will.

He's a master conman and were out here saying "How do people keep falling for this shit??"