Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI am actually more aligned with Brother Sun and Boogie on this.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13470717&mesg_id=13472343
13472343, I am actually more aligned with Brother Sun and Boogie on this.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Nov-01-22 02:21 PM
Like the idea that we shouldn't question vaccines or be suspicious of them is crazy talk given the history of this country and big pharma.

I am in a whole other argument with okpers arguing me down that the government can not be trusted with law enforcement (and points are being made) but then folks about face when it comes to trusting the government when it comes to rolling out a vaccine during a pandemic.

I think my position is consistent in that I don't think you can trust government/law enforcement but still then we need it so you have to manage it and have tremendous oversight.

Even with the vaccine I think there may be a big unknown with long term effects but its the best option we have at the moment. In a cost benefit analysis I believe its better to take on the UNKNOWN long term risks of vaccines versus the short term KNOWN risks of catching COVID.

I don't know why folks would put all their faith in a government/big business vaccine but don't think the government can handle without abuse putting cameras on subways.

How are folks bridging that inconsistency?

At least Brother Sun and Boogie are consistently don't trust the government for shit.

Anyway, I admit that I see very few serious knowledgable folks without an agenda questioning the vaccine and I do think there is a chilling effect because folks really can't handle nuanced positions. Like I think my position is only lightweight nuanced but am sure a RJCC-type won't be able to follow it or keep up.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"