Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm the wrong person to ask to defend this dude.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13469950&mesg_id=13470857
13470857, I'm the wrong person to ask to defend this dude.
Posted by Numba_33, Fri Oct-14-22 07:32 AM
Like I've said in this thread already, I was done with him when he said 400 years of slavery sounds like a choice. I think even less of him now.

In regards to his mental health problems, he is a grown man who is aware he has mental health issues and has resources to get help if and when he wants it. I feel no sorrow or pity for him in that regard. It's possible some of his recent words and actions are the result of him being unbalanced, but to an extent, that's something he can get a degree of help with. He's a fairly well off adult; he's not a little child that doesn't have control of his faculties.

If there are folks here that deal with mentally unbalanced folks like Kanye that think my views are overly simplistic, I'm welcomed to being corrected in that regard because I'm not an expert in that field.

The main reason I posted that archived thread up is that it's pretty wild that one person could be get such opposing polar reactions from black folks. I wasn't trying to defend him, I just thought it was interesting. I 100% think he deserves some degree of the scorn he's currently getting because all of his recent controversies are due to words he willingly spewed.