Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm scurred...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13469950&mesg_id=13470250
13470250, I'm scurred...
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Oct-06-22 12:28 PM
>Nobody can tell me that when you have a choice between Trump
>and Biden that Trump is the better choice given their track
>records. Nobody can tell me that Warnock isn't a better
>candidate than Herschel Walker. Considering that these
>candidates are almost neck and neck with their opponents is
>the most telling part about intelligence in this country.

I'm scurred that it is worse than this depending on how we 'define intelligence' in general.

I'm thinking that people are soooooo married to the IDEA of their 'belief systems' that they will roll with anything and anyone who appears to be aligned with those 'belief systems'. To me, that's scarier than 'people are stupid'.

This lines up with how I see Murrican politics. So, for real, if you show up and SAY 'I love ma kuntree! Abortions? Ick! Pro athletes suck cuz they make so much munny and they don't work hard like YOU! Oh, and yeah..I luh that Jesus too!', there's people who will mess up their whole life to follow you to the ends of the earth. DT has proven this in scary detail. Going back, listening to people talk about Billie Clint blows (pun intended) my mind.

But now, even moderately 'intelligent' people are doing the 'take a side' thing all the way to the max. I still find it very ridiculous and not a great way to live your life. AKA, to me, it would be a rough life to have 2 buckets in each corner of my mind where 1 bucket says 'greatest thing ever..can do no wrong that I can't explain away' and the other with 'Terrible. Overrated. How does anyone ever roll with this!?'.