Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAllow me to kill this issue dead.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13468328&mesg_id=13468840
13468840, Allow me to kill this issue dead.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Sep-16-22 11:15 AM

I explained that this could be explained within the show

I also explained that, while fantasy has internal logic, nearly every show has some measure of logical inconsistency, and that the vast majority of people just roll with the vast majority of those.

You've chosen to take significant issue with Black and brown people existing in a prequel.

It's been explained to you that Black and brown people DO exist in the GOT era world, and have been mentioned as living largely in the free cities- meaning they aren't just slaves, even in GOT. That we don't see them prominently featured in these roles does not mean that they do not exist.

Moreover, there are other houses in the GOT novels that are a part of are barely, or not even, mentioned in the show.

Is the existence of house Hightower in HOTD a huge problem, since they're not a part of the GOT show?

It has also been explained that Black and brown people held significant positions of prominence- even as former slaves- with Daenrys, to the point where the Unsullied and Dothraki were able to hold what was essentially White Jesus hostage, forcing the all-white powers of Westeros to yield t their demand of some punishment for White Jesus.

We also saw wealthy Black and brown people in the GOT series.
We also saw Davos' friend, Salladhor Saan, the pirate, in GOT.

That they were not heavily featured or focused on, does not mean they do not exist.

So there is PLENTY of internal logic within this world that shows that Black & brown people, who are not slaves or servants, existing in good or prominent positions within GOT.

You are factually and objectively wrong for the reasons listed above, and not a single one of those facts is about dragons.

I also explained that this need for minority representation/inclusion to be executed with perfection, under just the right circumstances, is in fact racist, especially given, as I said, the amount of logical inconsistencies that occur in most shows, and which most people overlook.

This is a comprehensive, detailed explanation, and there is no wiggle room here. This IS over and done with, regardless of how much discussion continues after my entry here.

Your issue is 100% dead. It's non-existent.
A figment of your imagination and internal racism.