Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectUpdate: concert was fun as hell and definitely worth the $.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13467378&mesg_id=13467428
13467428, Update: concert was fun as hell and definitely worth the $.
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sun Aug-28-22 06:52 PM
It was cool seeing Mr. Cheeks perform - even if it was only like 3 LB songs and 2 solo joints. He played my favorites- Renee, Me and My Crazy World, Jeeps, Lex coups, bimaz and Benz, and Music Makes me High. Doesn’t work as well w/o Freaky Tah, but cool to see him. The sound kinda sucked for his set though.

EPMD surpassed any and all expectations I had. They really knew how to work the crowd and worked in some tributes to deceased legendary rappers. I felt like their time got cut way too short. They could’ve easily rapped another 30+ minutes as the crowd was loving them.

Rakim went 3rd and did his thing. He got the crowd involved and rapped for a solid 40 minutes or so. I know he’s not known for his stage presence but it was so dope seeing him rap the classics. Most of the crowd knew all his lyrics and rapped along. He brought good energy.

KRS-One closed the show and that he did. He was phenomenal. I always knew he had a great rep for his live shows, but sheeeit, he was on one last night. His stage presence, ability to work the crowd, and entertain is top notch. The fact that he’s this good at his age is inspiring. He spoke about police brutality before rapping Sound of da Police then closed with a damn good sermon/speech.

All in all, definitely a fun and entertaining show.