Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectabsolutely.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13466414&mesg_id=13466512
13466512, absolutely.
Posted by shygurl, Mon Aug-15-22 11:28 AM
Let me get my centrist Dem on and say I agree 100%; I have always been pretty clear about my support for him once I realized what type of president he was shaping up to be, though I was extremely disappointed initially when it was he and Bernie left in the primaries.

From the beginning though he has impressed me, and these last few weeks have been killer. Like I'm generally astounded that people think he's doing a bad job, the right wing media has been embarrassingly effective in shaping people's view of his administration.

I will say that living in a red state for the past two years has really forced me to pay closer attention to politics given how much damage a Republican led government can do. I honestly feel like people who live in blue or even bluish/purplish states have a distorted view of what the feds can do, given that your state legislatures so often more closely reflect your ideologies. Shit is rough out here, and even though you personally may be surrounded by people who share your values, there are a lot of hateful, ignorant people in this country and they vote, and vote constantly. It's always gonna be harder for left leaning politicians to get things done with all of the obstacles they face by unscrupulous conservatives.