Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIts been a very good few weeks no doubt
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13466414&mesg_id=13466423
13466423, Its been a very good few weeks no doubt
Posted by Stadiq, Fri Aug-12-22 09:39 PM
>given the hand he was dealt.

Especially when you frame it like that, of course.

>
>obama had a 58-60 senate majority. clinton had a 57 seat
>senate majority.

This says more about Obama then you will ever admit of course.

And hey, glad to see you admit something less-than-stellar about the guy who saved the Democrats in the 90s (Ross Perot...errr...I mean Bill Clinton. Yes, we owe everything to the Clintons)

Props to the Biden admin...they seemed to learn a few things from Obama admin's catastrophic failures.

>
>biden has done this with 50 senate seats.
>
>https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1558211729875763201
>-----
>Passage of the Inflation Reduction Act will make Biden one of
>the most legislatively successful presidents of the modern
>era.
>
>— American Recovery Act
>— Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
>— Chips and Science Act
>— Inflation Reduction Act
>
>It's a nearly $3.5 trillion agenda.
>-----
>
>biden has also appointed more federal judges at this point in
>his presidency since jfk.

This is big and another reason to look at the Obama admin/Rahm with the side eye.

>
>a record number/share of non-white judges and a record of
>black women.
>https://twitter.com/johngramlich/status/1557042249157967877
>-----
>Biden has also appointed a record number and share of
>non-White judges so far. 49 of his 75 judges, or 65%, have
>been Black, Hispanic, Asian or another race or ethnicity. That
>total includes 14 Black women – most prominently, Ketanji
>Brown Jackson.

Very dope.

>-----
>
>
>not too shabby for good ol uncle joe.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>(yes i'm paid by the dnc)

Honestly have lost track...did you admit to something or is this supposed to be funny?

My dude, you probably have 40+ posts the last couple days easy.

If you aren't getting paid, you need a new hobby stat. You're in here like your team won the chip.

When your team has a first round exit, you're nowhere to be found.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>(also i still believe in facts)
>

Sure but you also gloss over some facts-

1. Most of us who criticize Dems are very happy when they win- we want them to win afterall. Just cuz we don't excuse every little thing or push/ask/expect more doesn't make us trolls or whatever.

2. IRA could have been significantly bigger had the admin had more urgency in the first 100 days.

3. You are a ghost when things aren't going well for your team, which is mad suspect and loses you a lot of cred my man. Afghan fallout, very extremely public BBB fuck-ups, a COVID response that is strikingly similar to Trump once you set aside vaccines (dead bodies STILL piling up, CDC a mouthpiece for employers, etc), poll numbers in Trump land...no Reeq posts then. You're just..gone when shit is looking bleak. Things get a little brighter, suddenly you're OkayPlayer's own newscaster.

4. I'm still very uneasy about Dems- particularly Biden and Kamala- ability to sell their wins.

5. Right wing court is still the biggest threat to everything.

Comparing this admin to Obama and Clinton is a W all day for sure. But ya'll need to pump the breaks on "most progressive ever" shit. It is objectively not true.

Look, its been a surprisingly good few weeks. And if Garland actually puts the hammer down on Trump I'm popping bottles in his name and I'll take my L on him.

But are you still going to be around in a while when things look bleak again? Or will facts not matter that much?

Or do you get different assignments when things aren't that good?