Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDark Brandon Is The Most Legislatively Successful Prez In Modern History
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13466414
13466414, Dark Brandon Is The Most Legislatively Successful Prez In Modern History
Posted by Reeq, Fri Aug-12-22 05:34 PM
given the hand he was dealt.

obama had a 58-60 senate majority. clinton had a 57 seat senate majority.

biden has done this with 50 senate seats.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1558211729875763201
-----
Passage of the Inflation Reduction Act will make Biden one of the most legislatively successful presidents of the modern era.

— American Recovery Act
— Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
— Chips and Science Act
— Inflation Reduction Act

It's a nearly $3.5 trillion agenda.
-----

biden has also appointed more federal judges at this point in his presidency since jfk.

a record number/share of non-white judges and a record of black women.
https://twitter.com/johngramlich/status/1557042249157967877
-----
Biden has also appointed a record number and share of non-White judges so far. 49 of his 75 judges, or 65%, have been Black, Hispanic, Asian or another race or ethnicity. That total includes 14 Black women – most prominently, Ketanji Brown Jackson.
-----

not too shabby for good ol uncle joe.

(yes i'm paid by the dnc)

(also i still believe in facts)
13466415, if biden gets trump locked up hes the goat idgaf.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Aug-12-22 05:37 PM
13466424, He isn’t even top 10.
Posted by allStah, Sat Aug-13-22 06:54 AM
SMH.

- He has a 38 pct approval
- The cost of living has sky rocketed during his term
- Energy crisis….crude oil rose 45 percent. Prices have risen in almost
every energy sector, and people have seen their electricity and water bills
double.

Those legislative accomplishments and his appointment of judges record will
not mean a damn thing if Americans can’t afford to live.
13466428, RE: He isn’t even top 10.
Posted by DJR, Sat Aug-13-22 10:01 AM
>SMH.
>
>- He has a 38 pct approval

Because Trumpers are trashing him and stupid people are following the lead of Trumpers.

>- The cost of living has sky rocketed during his term

Caused by Trump. Wheels were already in motion for that.

>- Energy crisis….crude oil rose 45 percent. Prices have
>risen in almost
>every energy sector, and people have seen their electricity
>and water bills
>double.

Again….not his fault.
>Those legislative accomplishments and his appointment of
>judges record will
>not mean a damn thing if Americans can’t afford to live.

13466436, Trump was bad BUT let's not forget a 2 year pandemic
Posted by handle, Sat Aug-13-22 05:04 PM
>>SMH.
>>
>>- He has a 38 pct approval
>
>Because Trumpers are trashing him and stupid people are
>following the lead of Trumpers.

^Agree, and stupid fucking Independents who's only gauge of success is if every problem is solved perfectly - if not - then it's a Democrat's fault.

>
>>- The cost of living has sky rocketed during his term
>
>Caused by Trump. Wheels were already in motion for that.
Maybe not all by Trump - but remember The Democrats jsut passed what's described as the biggest legislation in decades and it'll "cost" around 700 billion. But it really won't cost anything because it passed via reconciliation so they had to show how it would be funded and it is expected to be funded at or ABOVE the cost.

Contrast that with The Republicans giving away a $1.9 to $2.3 TRILLION dollar tax cut in 2018 , mainly to the rich, and then actually increasing taxes for lower income earners starting in 2025.

But the pandemic had a big impact too - demand for oil was WAY DOWN because people weren't travelling and industry wasn't shipping as much and oil producers closed down refineries and when demand came back there was more demand than supply.

Note that they aren't turning the refineries back on becuase they're making the same or more money and doing less actual work. Oil producers LOVE higher prices.

>
>>- Energy crisis….crude oil rose 45 percent. Prices have
>>risen in almost
>>every energy sector, and people have seen their electricity
>>and water bills
>>double.
>
>Again….not his fault.
Pandemic had something to do with that - and DECADES of refusal to fund alternative energy research.

>>Those legislative accomplishments and his appointment of
>>judges record will
>>not mean a damn thing if Americans can’t afford to live.

Republicans actively voted against the "S.3920 - Gas Price Gouging Prevention Act." Why the FUCK would you vote for them??

If Biden is bad for working Americans show me how Republicans are better. (NOTE:Biden is not bad for working Americans.)

Look at inflation and energy costs across the globe - and tell me how BIDEN "DID THAT?"

Note:There is a world outside
13466416, Time to unify - folks were happy to depart when the narrative was....
Posted by c71, Fri Aug-12-22 07:15 PM
...failure.

The narrative isn't failure anymore...so no excuse to try to depart.

Y'all know what departing from a Democratic leader looks like (Carter - Primary challenges)

No more of that.
13466423, Its been a very good few weeks no doubt
Posted by Stadiq, Fri Aug-12-22 09:39 PM
>given the hand he was dealt.

Especially when you frame it like that, of course.

>
>obama had a 58-60 senate majority. clinton had a 57 seat
>senate majority.

This says more about Obama then you will ever admit of course.

And hey, glad to see you admit something less-than-stellar about the guy who saved the Democrats in the 90s (Ross Perot...errr...I mean Bill Clinton. Yes, we owe everything to the Clintons)

Props to the Biden admin...they seemed to learn a few things from Obama admin's catastrophic failures.

>
>biden has done this with 50 senate seats.
>
>https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1558211729875763201
>-----
>Passage of the Inflation Reduction Act will make Biden one of
>the most legislatively successful presidents of the modern
>era.
>
>— American Recovery Act
>— Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
>— Chips and Science Act
>— Inflation Reduction Act
>
>It's a nearly $3.5 trillion agenda.
>-----
>
>biden has also appointed more federal judges at this point in
>his presidency since jfk.

This is big and another reason to look at the Obama admin/Rahm with the side eye.

>
>a record number/share of non-white judges and a record of
>black women.
>https://twitter.com/johngramlich/status/1557042249157967877
>-----
>Biden has also appointed a record number and share of
>non-White judges so far. 49 of his 75 judges, or 65%, have
>been Black, Hispanic, Asian or another race or ethnicity. That
>total includes 14 Black women – most prominently, Ketanji
>Brown Jackson.

Very dope.

>-----
>
>
>not too shabby for good ol uncle joe.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>(yes i'm paid by the dnc)

Honestly have lost track...did you admit to something or is this supposed to be funny?

My dude, you probably have 40+ posts the last couple days easy.

If you aren't getting paid, you need a new hobby stat. You're in here like your team won the chip.

When your team has a first round exit, you're nowhere to be found.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>(also i still believe in facts)
>

Sure but you also gloss over some facts-

1. Most of us who criticize Dems are very happy when they win- we want them to win afterall. Just cuz we don't excuse every little thing or push/ask/expect more doesn't make us trolls or whatever.

2. IRA could have been significantly bigger had the admin had more urgency in the first 100 days.

3. You are a ghost when things aren't going well for your team, which is mad suspect and loses you a lot of cred my man. Afghan fallout, very extremely public BBB fuck-ups, a COVID response that is strikingly similar to Trump once you set aside vaccines (dead bodies STILL piling up, CDC a mouthpiece for employers, etc), poll numbers in Trump land...no Reeq posts then. You're just..gone when shit is looking bleak. Things get a little brighter, suddenly you're OkayPlayer's own newscaster.

4. I'm still very uneasy about Dems- particularly Biden and Kamala- ability to sell their wins.

5. Right wing court is still the biggest threat to everything.

Comparing this admin to Obama and Clinton is a W all day for sure. But ya'll need to pump the breaks on "most progressive ever" shit. It is objectively not true.

Look, its been a surprisingly good few weeks. And if Garland actually puts the hammer down on Trump I'm popping bottles in his name and I'll take my L on him.

But are you still going to be around in a while when things look bleak again? Or will facts not matter that much?

Or do you get different assignments when things aren't that good?
13466439, "Attention!
Posted by Fire1986, Sat Aug-13-22 09:44 PM
Your attention, please! A newsflash has this
moment arrived from the Malabar front. Our forces in South
India have won a glorious victory. I am authorized to say
that the action we are now reporting may well bring the war
within measurable distance of its end. Here is the newsflash—"

13466440, Him or LBJ
Posted by spirit, Sat Aug-13-22 10:45 PM
Getting the Civil Rights Act passed in the mid-60s is pretty hard to top

And of course we are talking about the left. W was insanely successful in pushing right wing agenda items like gonzo tax cuts and expansion of the military state to new fascist highs

Salute to Biden for staying on the move.

FBI timing that Mar a Lago raid to step all over the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act is pretty wild. Obviously those docs have been there since he left office. Apparently they had an informant and obviously they probably don’t care what news cycle they take over but….sigh
13466445, .... So? We aren't bailing him out again.
Posted by Kira, Sun Aug-14-22 09:15 AM
He will not receive 90% of the black vote after the neverending disrespect he's shown towards the community, the base of the Democratic party, that saved him from an upset loss to Trump.
13466448, Good luck with The Republicans
Posted by handle, Sun Aug-14-22 10:21 AM
>He will not receive 90% of the black vote after the
>neverending disrespect he's shown towards the community, the
>base of the Democratic party, that saved him from an upset
>loss to Trump.

Reply to this message with a bunch of blah blah blah. Thanks in advance.

13466449, dude said 'we' like hes the negro commissioner or sumshit.
Posted by Reeq, Sun Aug-14-22 11:26 AM
13466465, out of the 2 replies to this, 0 are black americans.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Sun Aug-14-22 05:58 PM
13466466, ?
Posted by Reeq, Sun Aug-14-22 06:09 PM
13466479, I say again: Good luck
Posted by handle, Sun Aug-14-22 11:20 PM
13466481, Who are “we” voting for in 2024? Damn sure isn’t the GOP
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Aug-15-22 06:41 AM
13466491, You don't speak for the majority of black folks.
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Mon Aug-15-22 09:11 AM
Though you always post like you do. No one elected you representative. You did not get 90% of our vote.
13466499, Read post 20
Posted by Kira, Mon Aug-15-22 09:53 AM
>Though you always post like you do. No one elected you
>representative. You did not get 90% of our vote.

Name one time I said I was the representative of anyone. Fix yourself and do it offline. Merely letting these Democratic supporters know the jig is up. We can care less about those accomplishments.

Based on 3 Strikes Biden's actions since inauguration he will not receive 90% of the black vote. A percentage of black voters might skip the Presidential election entirely. It's not like we got any tangible resources for our vote anyway. Asian community doesn't vote in large numbers and received tangible resources for example.
13467499, Come with some polling data
Posted by spirit, Mon Aug-29-22 04:20 PM
Unsubstantiated guesswork is just guesswork.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com
13466494, Black voter turnout gonna tank. Actually, I'd expect overall dem turnout
Posted by kayru99, Mon Aug-15-22 09:20 AM
to fall off a cliff.
This presidency has been an utter disaster, for everyone.

This is the most politically aware and engaged the Black demo has been in a minute, and outside of the Token Black Friend demographic, Biden/Harris are pretty roundly despised.

The "BUT THE REPUBLICANS!!!!!" fear card ain't gonna carry the book like it normally would cuz this admin is right wing & anti-black racist as fuck

13466483, Goddamn you on the payroll, lmaoooo
Posted by kayru99, Mon Aug-15-22 08:03 AM
13466485, He better be, lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Aug-15-22 08:21 AM
13466492, He needs a better publicity team.
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Mon Aug-15-22 09:12 AM
He's been racking up political victories but they dont seem to know how to convey that to the people. Gas prices are dropping like crazy as well, but outside of his Instagram i haven't seen a whole lot of effort to convey that.
13466504, no one cares when gas price drops
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Aug-15-22 10:56 AM
that isn’t due to “Brandon”

that is due to other factors.

^^^ GOP logic ^^^

I hate the gas price example because those fuckers know damn well why prices went up and they always ignore when they go down.

Its like the job report. The numbers are always doctored when they are good but when they are bad.. all facts!!
13466512, absolutely.
Posted by shygurl, Mon Aug-15-22 11:28 AM
Let me get my centrist Dem on and say I agree 100%; I have always been pretty clear about my support for him once I realized what type of president he was shaping up to be, though I was extremely disappointed initially when it was he and Bernie left in the primaries.

From the beginning though he has impressed me, and these last few weeks have been killer. Like I'm generally astounded that people think he's doing a bad job, the right wing media has been embarrassingly effective in shaping people's view of his administration.

I will say that living in a red state for the past two years has really forced me to pay closer attention to politics given how much damage a Republican led government can do. I honestly feel like people who live in blue or even bluish/purplish states have a distorted view of what the feds can do, given that your state legislatures so often more closely reflect your ideologies. Shit is rough out here, and even though you personally may be surrounded by people who share your values, there are a lot of hateful, ignorant people in this country and they vote, and vote constantly. It's always gonna be harder for left leaning politicians to get things done with all of the obstacles they face by unscrupulous conservatives.
13467050, allegedly about to forgive 10k or 20k of student loans
Posted by shygurl, Wed Aug-24-22 10:54 AM
Too lazy to post a link, but 10k for people up to 125k incomes (250k for couples I think). 20k for people who qualified for pell grants. Last moratorium extended until 1/1/23.

The biggest whiners (at least on Twitter) are people who are mad they didn't get more and get everything paid off 🙄. Then the next group who don't want their taxes going to help people pay off the debt they took on.

😑
13467069, the biggest whiners are white 'progressives' who whine about everything.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Aug-24-22 11:58 AM
13466522, It's hard to say he's my top pick for 2024 but totally agree
Posted by Triptych, Mon Aug-15-22 11:51 AM
People also leave out Russia-Ukraine but I really fail to see how a US commander in chief / diplomat in chief could have handled that ANY better.

Total agreement on putting the right people in the right places - been saying that since before inauguration day.

He seems to be losing a step which is why it's a hard sell for me. But looking at the score sheet he's really killing it IMO.
13466529, "Stats" for politicians is....a strange concept
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Aug-15-22 01:24 PM
13466531, Dark Brandon, tho?
Posted by spades, Mon Aug-15-22 01:32 PM
lol
13466537, I didn’t get that either
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Aug-15-22 02:01 PM
13466539, let's go to the video tape
Posted by T Reynolds, Mon Aug-15-22 02:10 PM
https://www.vox.com/culture/23300286/biden-dark-brandon-meme-maga-why-confusing-explained
13466619, Cute
Posted by spades, Tue Aug-16-22 03:49 PM
13466574, Hold up lol:
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Aug-15-22 07:56 PM

>(yes i'm paid by the dnc)

Is this a joke or for real?

-->
13467070, cmon baby bro lol.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Aug-24-22 11:59 AM
13467074, well...another campaign promise upheld.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Aug-24-22 12:06 PM
actually more than the 10k he promised on the campaign trail.

and structured in such a way that folks cant claim it was a giveaway to wealthy white kids (they will still do it...but you know...).
13467080, btw dems overperformed in a special election upset last night.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Aug-24-22 12:23 PM
https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1562284656803794944

https://twitter.com/dellavolpe/status/1562279748339908608

and have pretty much overperforming in every one since dobbs.
https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1562487852327247872

this year was supposed to be a red wave year based on the political environment and history.

and things are only gonna get better for dems...as recent legislative victories bring more dems home, inflation and gas prices continue to improve, and biden approval continues to rise (along with these batshit repub candidates getting more coverage).
13467107, I've been thinking there is no way polls can capture the Dobbs Bounce
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Aug-24-22 01:02 PM
Like how can you model for that?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13467111, theres a guy on twitter who runs the top voter demo modeling company.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Aug-24-22 01:10 PM
the company most of the press uses when they talk about whos registering, voting, etc.

you can go down his whole timeline but hes been posting numbers for new registrants in all of the key states. and they are disproportionately dem and women.

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1559897880042868736
https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1562260192032587777
https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1560597119009955841

these people arent gonna show up on *any* poll. and the polls are already better for dems than they should be.

just a few months ago...people were talking about these midterms being like 10 or 14 when dems took a beating. now its looking closer to 20 when dems took the senate and kept the house (and under worse maps than 22 due to gerrymandering).
13467143, dem primary turnout in florida was higher than 2018.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Aug-24-22 03:24 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshKraushaar/status/1562404914906677249

with less competitive and more uncontested/incumbent races.
13467264, I just went down a rabbit hole to know wtf a Dark Brandon is
Posted by nativesun07, Thu Aug-25-22 12:36 PM
……never knew what those “Let’s Go Brandon” signs meant but I FELT they were anti-me
The repurposing is the best since the failed attempt to repurpose “Ninja”
13467266, Here in Florida there are Brandon bumper stickers everywhere
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Thu Aug-25-22 12:39 PM
That's when i knew it was something anti-Biden and Trump related. The Trump stickers were replaced with Lets Go Brandon stickers. This morbidly obese guy at the gym even had a shirt.
13467271, I do Amazon deliveries and I could tell by the neighborhoods…
Posted by nativesun07, Thu Aug-25-22 12:56 PM
….where I saw them that seemed like a “Make America Great…” variant
13467267, They need to do damage control on the veteran training debacle asap
Posted by T Reynolds, Thu Aug-25-22 12:42 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/08/25/covid-veterans-retraining-program-school/

Can't be playing into conservative talking points so easily
13467278, If Dark Brandon were real, this would be a brilliant trap...
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Aug-25-22 04:47 PM
He set.

Kinda of funny that so many people complaining about Student Loan forgiveness can be called out because they took out forgivable PPP Loans...which is readily accessible via public database.

https://twitter.com/trayne_wreck/status/1562587880026808321?t=ZZ_nEbQfRGVWIrHPJAalMA&s=19

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

13467282, no shame.. lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Aug-25-22 05:37 PM
13467283, She also thinks G.O.Thrones characters shouldn't be black
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Thu Aug-25-22 05:48 PM
13467511, this is exactly what happened. good call lol.
Posted by Reeq, Mon Aug-29-22 06:35 PM
13467700, a dem just beat sarah palin for a house seat in alaska.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Aug-31-22 07:26 PM
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1565128162681421824

1st dem to represent alaska in the house since 1972.
13467701, first native sent from Alaska too.
Posted by shygurl, Wed Aug-31-22 07:40 PM
November looking better and better.
13467756, Damn
Posted by spades, Thu Sep-01-22 11:38 AM
13467765, Yeah. The Democratic meltdown seems to be media driven.
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Thu Sep-01-22 11:50 AM
Dems are scoring alot of wins lately.
13467771, With the defund the FBI stuff, it should only get worse for the GOP
Posted by Amritsar, Thu Sep-01-22 12:21 PM
That plays as poorly with suburban voters as defund the police did

13467787, Lol love it. don't know if it means anything for nov
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Sep-01-22 01:02 PM
Like if it makes things more hopeful or if her name just drove opposition turn out too much
13467851, Nailin' Palin
Posted by PROMO, Fri Sep-02-22 08:47 AM
(how'd no one beat me to this. IFYKYK)
13467845, Primetime speech calling out facism
Posted by shygurl, Fri Sep-02-22 08:19 AM
Probably one of his best, most important speech so far. Very good imo and of course the media is showing its right wing bias by talking about marines and light colors.
13467848, I was confused why V For Vendetta was trending on Twitter
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Fri Sep-02-22 08:29 AM
...leave it to the MAGA crowd to completely misunderstand a movie and apply it to their own agenda
13467850, it was serious, but still a lil light on them
Posted by shygurl, Fri Sep-02-22 08:47 AM
He emphasized maga Republicans vs moderate Republicans, but if we're being honest the so-called moderate Republicans are just as complicit as the extremists.

Nonetheless, Maga unsurprisingly immediately started with the Hitler comparisons and the "we're being oppressed 😰" talk, even though we've basically had federal legislators calling for a fucking civil war 🙄.
13467853, They are unfathomable.
Posted by spades, Fri Sep-02-22 08:56 AM
13467883, haven't watched but they sure are clutching pearls over it
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Sep-02-22 02:06 PM
it's so rich watching the lets go brandon crowd all in their feelings like "he's soo divisive omg"

ngl tho, if trump chose that backdrop, people would lose their shit lol
13467886, There was a guy LITERALLY screaming "FUCK YOU" at him
Posted by handle, Fri Sep-02-22 03:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuQp8tFC0Vc
13467885, The backdrop was certainly a choice.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Sep-02-22 03:16 PM
It’s taken most of the attention away from the actual message which was a good speech from Biden.

Hope I’m wrong but this speech will probably really amp up the MAGA crowd in the worst way.

Dems and blowing leads: name a better combo.
13467887, So the problem is the lighting??
Posted by handle, Fri Sep-02-22 03:24 PM
>Dems and blowing leads: name a better combo.

You sure are a smart person!! Man , super smort!
13467888, Cool reply. Thanks for the discourse.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Sep-02-22 03:35 PM
13467889, Please explain how this is going to blow leads?
Posted by PROMO, Fri Sep-02-22 03:42 PM
Cuz at this point, that shit is just a meme.

The ironic shit is the Dems are FINALLY starting to do the right thing which is call out Republicans on their bullshit...and it's resonating with people.

As Kandi Burress said "I ain't no Michelle Obama - if you go low, i'm going low wit' 'cha!"

It's about fucking time.
13467890, I’m with you on this.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Sep-02-22 03:53 PM
But as someone said up above - if Trump had used the same look for what’s already a pretty divisive speech - the left would lose their fucking minds and compare him to Hitler too.

Will this do what he hopes it’ll do? I don’t know. Maybe. But the shit that the right latches on to, while stupid, is still effective for their base. Biden really can’t afford to give them ANYTHING that’s easily avoidable. And for what it’s worth I think he’s doing pretty well right now. Maybe this is all just overblowing it but I’m also on very little sleep so 🤷🏻‍♂️
13467892, Smort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by handle, Fri Sep-02-22 04:13 PM
Biden could be in the white space that Apple uses for products and they'd call him Hitler.

There's NOTHING Biden can do to NOT be called HITLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13467894, Do you always type this weird?
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Sep-02-22 04:26 PM
13467899, this can't be healthy
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Sep-02-22 05:20 PM
13467897, Michelle Obama???
Posted by handle, Fri Sep-02-22 05:10 PM
Don't you mean 'Eat your vegetables' Hitler!!!!??

https://www.mediamatters.org/sean-hannity/right-wing-media-attack-michelle-obama-fighting-childhood-obesity

13467902, Step away from the computer or phone.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Sep-02-22 05:56 PM
I think it’s time for an internet break.
13467917, You were supposed to Unite us, Internet Hitler
Posted by handle, Fri Sep-02-22 07:26 PM
>I think it’s time for an internet break.
Or maybe the responses that you’re worried about from conservatives are just bullshit. They’ll have a take that makes Biden look bad no matter what he does, so fuck them.
13467918, ^ posting like a real real left wing Expertise/SoWhat hybrid right now
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Sep-02-22 08:21 PM
I think you need some anger management or a social media break but hey - it’s your life. Until then, this’ll be the last reply you get from me on this.

Just stop being fucking weird, dude. Get some rest and enjoy your long weekend.
13467919, I didn't think you could do it, but you CHANGED MY MIND
Posted by handle, Fri Sep-02-22 08:40 PM
>Dems and blowing leads: name a better combo.

You are awesome. You explained you position clearly.

What a clear message!!!!

(Let's see if the sucker replies. You're JUST motivating me by replying. And you'll also energize me if you don't respond. Either way - you've caused this.)

13468218, A week later...
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Sep-08-22 05:00 PM
You feeling good about this exchange?

Because I...."caused"....this. Or whatever that means.

I truly hope this is one of those threads you look back on and feel stupid - because PHEW did you come at me for zero reason and then WONDERED why I wouldn't engage with this nonsense.

DID I MOTIVATE YOU!?!?!
13468219, Gotcha!
Posted by handle, Thu Sep-08-22 05:27 PM
A whole week in that head!!! BAM!!

Tell me how more about how standing in front of red white and blue lights in front of Independent Hall had any affect on MAGA that wouldn't have happened if he gave it in front about of a petting zoo or on a rollercoaster.

Tell me how MAGAs would NOT lie and attack no matter what.

Do it, smort gheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13468220, Tell me more about how you’re unable to civilly communicate.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Sep-08-22 05:30 PM
JK.

You already did.

But I CAUSED THIS (whatever “this” is, lol) and “motivated” you. I guess it caused you to be weird and motivated you to be even weirder.

Congrats!
13468221, SMORRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Posted by handle, Thu Sep-08-22 05:39 PM
You, just like Biden, have blown your lead.

Be sure to reply so you get the super sweet last word!

13467920, CNN fired John Harwood today for telling the truth.
Posted by PROMO, Fri Sep-02-22 08:58 PM
SMH.
13468607, How the New Climate Law Can Save You Thousands of Dollars (Swipe)
Posted by navajo joe, Wed Sep-14-22 08:23 AM
How the New Climate Law Can Save You Thousands of Dollars

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/13/climate/climate-law-tax-credits.html

Rebates and tax credits can lower the cost of solar panels, energy-efficient appliances and electric vehicles.

Coral Davenport
By Coral Davenport
Sept. 13, 2022

The Inflation Reduction Act signed into law by President Biden in August includes about $370 billion to fight climate change, some of it in the form of tax credits and rebates to help consumers save thousands of dollars on energy-efficient appliances, plug-in vehicles and renewable electricity for their homes.

But taking advantage of those savings will require patience and initiative.

Sign up for the Climate Forward newsletter, for Times subscribers only. Your must-read guide to the climate crisis. Get it in your inbox.
The Biden administration has created a website designed to help you figure out which cars, appliances and home improvements will qualify for the tax credits and rebates. The answers are not yet clear in many cases because the programs are so new or the requirements of the law so stringent. White House officials say the website will be frequently updated as details take shape, and they advise consumers to subscribe to receive emailed updates.

Here’s what we know so far about how to use the new law to save money. One thing all the benefits have in common: Each one runs through at least 2032.

Home Energy Efficiency Improvements

The new law extends through 2032 an existing program that allows homeowners to claim a credit on their federal tax returns of 30 percent off improvements to home energy efficiency, such as windows and insulation. Buyers can claim up to $600 per purchase for up to $1,200 a year. To qualify for the tax credits, the items should have the Energy Star Most Efficient certification. Homeowners can also claim a $150 tax credit for a home energy audit.

Home Renewable Energy Installations

Homeowners can continue to claim a federal tax credit of 30 percent off renewable energy investments, such as rooftop solar panels or geothermal heat pumps. They can also claim a new credit for batteries intended to store electricity from renewable sources. There is no cap on the amounts that can be claimed. In 2033, the credit drops to 26 percent of the total purchase price, and in 2034 it drops to 22 percent before being phased out the year after.

Rebates on Energy-Efficient Appliances

The law establishes new rebates for the purchase and installation of energy-efficient appliances, including air-conditioners, dryers and electric induction stoves.

The rebate programs will be run by the states, and the amount you can receive will depend on how your income compares with the median level in your state.

If you earn up to 80 percent of your state’s median income, you can get back 100 percent of the cost of your energy-saving appliance or home improvement through the rebate program. If you make 80 to 150 percent of your state’s median income, you can get back 50 percent of the cost, maxing out at $8,000.

To receive the rebate, you will probably have to document your income and the cost of the appliance with your state. How soon this program is in place and how smoothly it works will most likely vary by state. White House officials say they hope that the federal website will direct consumers to state rebate programs as they become available.

Heat Pumps

The authors of the new law hope it will push Americans toward using electric heat pumps — one of the most energy-efficient ways to heat and cool homes. Consumers can use a new federal tax credit to get up to $2,000 for the purchase and installation of a heat pump, while those who meet the income qualifications for their state rebate program could get up to $8,000.

The law also includes a rebate of up to $4,000 for upgrading your home’s electricity system to install heat pumps or other energy-efficient electric appliances.

As with the other rebates for home appliances, the heat pump rebates will be made available through the states.

New Electric Vehicles

The law extends an existing program that gives buyers of new electric vehicles a tax credit of up to $7,500 if the vehicle was assembled in North America, but it adds new requirements on income and assembly location.

Under the current program, which expires at the end of 2022, automakers that have sold more than 200,000 electric vehicles this year will not qualify for the electric vehicle credit — so buyers of cars made by General Motors, Toyota and Tesla would not be eligible for the credit. But motorists can still receive a tax credit for some electric vehicles made by Ford, Honda and Subaru. The I.R.S. has a complete list of which cars qualify for the credit and for how much.

Starting in 2023, cars made by G.M., Toyota and Tesla will once again be eligible for the credits. But several new income requirements will kick in. The credits will be available only to individuals making less than $150,000, single heads of households making less than $225,000 and married couples with a joint income of less than $300,000. They can be used only for sedans priced below $55,000 or trucks, vans and S.U.V.s priced below $80,000.

Also starting in 2023, the credits will depend on how much of the vehicle was assembled in the United States. You can receive a $3,750 credit for an electric vehicle that was assembled in and had its battery components made in North America. You can receive another $3,750 if the minerals used in the battery were mined in countries with which the United States has free trade agreements.

After 2024, the credit will only apply to batteries with no components made in China, Russia, North Korea or Japan. After 2025, the credit will not apply if even one mineral used in the battery was mined or processed in one of those four countries.

The provision is designed to compel automakers to move their electric vehicle supply chains from other countries, particularly China, to the United States.

Used Electric Vehicles

For the first time, buyers of used electric vehicles will also qualify for a tax credit, equal to 30 percent of the total cost of the vehicle and capped at $4,000. The credit will only apply to cars that cost less than $25,000, and total credits are capped at $75,000 for individuals, $112,500 for single heads of households and $150,000 for married couples.

The used car must be purchased through a dealer, but there are no made-in-America or content requirements.

In 2022 and 2023, you can claim the tax credit on new electric vehicles on your federal tax income form, but starting in 2024, you can transfer the credits directly to the dealer to receive them in cash at the time of purchase.

---

Coral Davenport covers energy and environmental policy for the climate desk from Washington. She was part of a Times team that was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize for distinguished public service journalism in 2020, and part of a Times team that received Columbia University’s John B. Oakes award for distinguished environmental journalism in 2018. @CoralMDavenport • Facebook
13470256, biden pardoning all federal offenses for simple marijuana possession.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Oct-06-22 02:11 PM
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1578098276477595648

also ordering an expedited review of marijuanas federal narcotics schedule designation.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1578099136628666368

this really is a pretty big damn deal.

biden has previously been pretty conservative on marijuana. looks like thats changing.
13470257, Yea this one was a shocker
Posted by Brew, Thu Oct-06-22 02:18 PM
>biden has previously been pretty conservative on marijuana.
>looks like thats changing.

So awesome.
13470278, for sure
Posted by mista k5, Thu Oct-06-22 03:09 PM
even though i dont smoke this was something i found disappointing about joe. glad hes shifted.
13470258, My man
Posted by makaveli, Thu Oct-06-22 02:19 PM
Let’s light one up together Joe.
13470260, i dont even smoke but ima fire one up for the o.g.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Oct-06-22 02:27 PM
13470259, killing it.
Posted by shygurl, Thu Oct-06-22 02:25 PM
A great move. Very progressive 🙂
13470261, Very smart to announce it on the same day the hunter article dropped too
Posted by shygurl, Thu Oct-06-22 02:29 PM
13470264, I mean Hunter Biden could go to jail...
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Oct-06-22 02:34 PM
But I fail to see what that has anything to do with Joe Biden (assuming they don't have ish linking Joe to what his son has done...and they don't).

13470266, it's nothing but fuel for the Magas
Posted by shygurl, Thu Oct-06-22 02:46 PM
I think he should be charged if they have evidence of an actual crime, but if they announce charges for him and not Trump before the election it will do nothing but help the Republicans and be an out and out hit job
13470272, notice the story leaked from agents and not prosecutors/ag.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Oct-06-22 02:58 PM
nor did it leak from the us attorney office in delaware thats actually running the investigation.

this screams of conservative agents trying to influence the election just like the hillary clinton leaks.

the one thing maga folks dont get...nobody gives a fuck about hunter biden lol. for the last 3 years theyve sworn this shit is some game changing story.

when its all said and done the us attorneys office is prolly not even gonna recommend charges. or when they do...its gonna be some minor shit that hunter can just plead guilty to and serve zero jail time.
13470269, Biden looking like Abraham sacrificing Isaac
Posted by T Reynolds, Thu Oct-06-22 02:52 PM
He already sacrificed the good son

But since republicans want to constantly play whatabout-ism with Hunter when it comes to discussing consequences for Trump's 5 million transgressions

When Feds come-a-knockin, Biden gonna let them in
13470273, lol
Posted by Reeq, Thu Oct-06-22 02:59 PM
13470263, most progressive president in history. book it.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Oct-06-22 02:32 PM
13470267, yup!
Posted by shygurl, Thu Oct-06-22 02:49 PM
Just keeping my fingers crossed that we can get past the midterms with our majorities intact.
13473148, what is wrong with yall?
Posted by Stadiq, Sun Nov-13-22 01:10 AM

You could say all kinds of accurate/true positive things about the Biden admin....but you insist on pushing the limits of the convo and showing ya'll asses.

The Biden admin has been a pleasant surprise...though far from perfect....the most effective Dem presidency in recent modern times. By far.

And that is fucking awesome...should be celebrated...and thrown in the doubters (including me) faces.

You could easily stunt on all of us on this point. (Though I doubt you'd be ready to discuss what this means about the legacy of your heroes like Obama, Clinton, etc)

Back to the point....

He is objectively not the most progressive president in history. Like...there are things that are just objectively untrue, and this is one of them.

Don't twist the W into an L....just focus. Stunt on us...but don't push it.

And LOL how the weed thing helped basically no one, but I missed this initial convo.

13470268, Good. Still don’t get why he’s so conservative on weed but good.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Oct-06-22 02:50 PM
13470274, Dank Brandon is trending, lol.
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Thu Oct-06-22 03:03 PM

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.
13470276, lmao.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Oct-06-22 03:06 PM
13470413, To be fair and clear, this helps literally ZERO
Posted by Mr. ManC, Sun Oct-09-22 03:14 PM
current people/prisoners.

There aren't too many Fed cases for sole minor Marijuana possessions.

It could help people that have it added on top of other charges, but that leaves some ambiguity too.

Sounds like he's encouraging Govs to do likewise, but we'll see. Maybe he can hire back the staffers he fired for past use also.
13470418, Seems fair..
Posted by handle, Sun Oct-09-22 09:15 PM
I get it: He needs to solve all problems with a snap of his fingers or just not try anything at all.

But to your point: It doesn't matter because he's helping no one ever.

13470929, Not what I said at all.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Sat Oct-15-22 09:50 AM
I'm simply saying that THIS federal marijuana designation literally helps NO ONE currently.

He COULD actual decriminalize marijuana though at the snap of a finger though.
13470930, ^^He can not do that , not even remotely within his powers as President
Posted by handle, Sat Oct-15-22 10:56 AM
He can't over rule federal laws. (He can direct agencies to look the other way.)

And he can't over rule state laws.

It's simply not a power he has, why on earth do you think could that???

Also:
>I'm simply saying that THIS federal marijuana designation literally helps NO ONE currently.

Well it pardons at least 6,000 people. So 6,000 is zero??

EDIT: In no world can he snap his fingers and decriminalize marijuana, but there are things he can try to do to lessen the impact while he is president.

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/can-president-biden-legalize-marijuana-1220802/

Or he could just issue pardons every day while he is president. Won't change the laws. CONGRESS changes the laws, and he has a veto.
13470931, 1. He can't wave a magic wand and reschedule it with executive order
Posted by Mr. ManC, Sat Oct-15-22 12:24 PM
BUT he can do the executive order and leverage his executive/federal powers to move the momentum

2. Decriminalizing marijuana was one of his campaign promises. I'd hope he has some plan to do so, but firing staff for previous use and releasing all 0 inmates with small scale Fed possession charges ain't it, imho

13470968, Or....................
Posted by handle, Sun Oct-16-22 10:39 AM
Maybe he's actually taking the steps that are required by law to accomplish it??

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/could-pot-be-decriminalized-before-biden-leaves-office/

(Swipe - full article at the URL provided)

Moving a drug to a different schedule is a lengthy bureaucratic process — previous reviews of pot’s CSA classification took between six and 22 years to complete, Hudak said. But he and other experts think that this reclassification could happen much faster. That’s because Biden is approaching this declassification in a unique — and powerful — way.

That starts with how the president announced his plans. Biden publicly told his appointees that he wants this done “expeditiously,” pressuring his officials to act before his term ends in 2024. “The president is messaging to those appointees — and the appointees will totally understand it — that this is something he wants done ,” Hudak said. In contrast, former President Barack Obama refused to take this administrative action, telling reporters that a schedule change had to come from Congress. Biden not only directed his agencies to conduct this review, but announced it by saying that Schedule I “makes no sense” for pot.

The process will begin with the Food and Drug Administration conducting a scientific evaluation of cannabis. This study will look at eight different aspects of the drug, including the substance’s pharmacological effects, public health risks and potential for abuse. The FDA will send this information to the secretary of Health and Human Services, who will then make a recommendation to the Drug Enforcement Administration. The HHS secretary can recommend that pot remain a Schedule I drug, be moved to a lower, less restrictive schedule or be removed entirely.

Both Attorney General Merrick Garland and Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra are already taking up the charge. Becerra tweeted hours after Biden’s announcement (at 4:20 p.m., in perhaps a nod to stoner culture) that he was “looking forward” to working with Garland to review how marijuana is scheduled under federal law. And the Department of Justice announced the same day that it is “expeditiously” reviewing pardons and working with HHS to review pot’s scheduling decision.

This forceful move by Biden has made legal experts like Daniel Shortt, a cannabis attorney based in Seattle, optimistic about the chances marijauna could be removed from Schedule I.

“This is the most consequential piece of federal cannabis policy since 1937, when federal pot prohibition began,” Shortt said. “However long this process takes, it’s going to end with a significantly different approach to federal prohibition.”

But there are many ways Biden’s scheduling directive could fail. Chief among them is the evaluation of marijuana’s medical effectiveness. This isn’t the first time the federal government has reviewed pot’s Schedule I status. The DOJ and HHS have studied the issue multiple times and each review has concluded the same way: with the FDA declaring that pot is dangerous and has no accepted medical use, and the DOJ refusing to remove cannabis from Schedule I.
13470426, someone tweeted “so can I get my job back at the WH?”
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Oct-10-22 07:30 AM
Noooooo

no you can’t
13473149, lol
Posted by Stadiq, Sun Nov-13-22 01:12 AM

13470427, You misused the word "literally"
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Oct-10-22 07:43 AM

13470430, lol
Posted by Brotha Sun, Mon Oct-10-22 07:58 AM
lmao even

You got us again Biden. Well done.
13473146, Call that boy Joe Beezy The Senate Keeper!!!
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Sat Nov-12-22 09:57 PM
13473272, never bet against smokin joe biden!
Posted by Reeq, Mon Nov-14-22 07:13 PM