Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHa! Literally one of my favorite episodes.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13465653&mesg_id=13469772
13469772, Ha! Literally one of my favorite episodes.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Sep-30-22 10:40 AM
My favorite episodes have always been the ones that really speak to authentic black experiences. Like the prison episode, the first Katt Williams episode, and this one.

It just felt like that could have been any Southern Black Family Drama.

When it started it made me aware we don't see nothing about Earn's family on the show. I also get the vibes from Donald Glover he's the type of brother who is a bit embarrassed by his family. That came through in the episode, but he authentically addressed it and acknowledged it.

If you felt no emotional connection to Earn's family this far in the ep, this episode kind of explains why. This was good Earn backstory to me, just like the therapy episode.

I think the backstory eps are good but I do also feel like the show is running out of time, if there is to be some resolution/evolution for Earn. I feel like they are setting up Earn getting back with Van, but I hope they have proper build up for it given so few episode left.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"