Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: I had NO idea until Earn told the fellas.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13465653&mesg_id=13468981
13468981, RE: I had NO idea until Earn told the fellas.
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Sep-19-22 11:29 AM
>Shit caught be COMPLETELY by surprise. But on the real I
>LOVED them showing a black man in therapy for black man shit.
>
>It was also nice to get an explanation for what the fuck
>happened in Princeton.
>
>That's a REALLY fucked up way to lose a scholarship. I see why
>he was so ruderless for so long. Nigga was depressed and had
>no resources to deal with it.

This damn near could've been one of those midseason finales that shows will do now.

I loved it so much. The therapy sessions. The filling in the blank on Princeton did something for me. Thinking about how people treated him earlier in the show even after all of that hurts in a different way now too. And thinking of how that shit could impact you basically forever? Yeah...its a lot. And it makes sense that he'd be ready to roll out on all of those folks now that he can...especially Paper Boi, who he seems to be at least kinda 'over'.

I didn't 'know' it was Earn until he gave the lady the money.

Seeing crazy ass Tracy being crazy ass Tracy was wonderful. And yes, it let me think a 'reveal' of some sort was coming. But, I didn't think about it. I didn't even get that Earn was the guy when the lady said that she worked at the airport during the whole 'the service dog can't come in here' exchange. That's the hint I regret missing the most.

And real talk, I've been thinking about therapy for a while. There's enough things that I have filed under 'it sucks but get over it' that I probably need some work on to ACTUALLY be 'over' versus mind-fucking myself to 'act like I'm over it' when maybe I'm really not (work stuff, parents stuff, friendship stuff, regrets on decisions, etcetera).