Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectCare about college football (rankings)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13464451&mesg_id=13465022
13465022, Care about college football (rankings)
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Jul-24-22 07:05 AM
>A post in here got me thinking... "Yo, there's a lot of stuff
>I just won't do anymore."
>
>I'm sure y'all got yours, I go mine. Chime in.

I was skeptical when I was in college and going to games regularly. Now that I’m grown, I’m certain that it’s tomfoolery to have ‘rankings’ before anyone has played games with their current roster. And now that more players go pro ‘early’? And a coach might for real switch schools before the bowl games (more on that later)? It’s almost nothing but social media, barber shop, podcast, and/or sports channel talking head fodder. And really, it’s still mostly that even when the allegedly official ranks come out in the middle of the season. And beyond that, it’s basically a marketing tool for the games every weekend. ‘Number 3 Clemson vs Number 6 Ohio State yawl! 7 PM Saturday night, now! Be there!’.

And mfers bite down on that mouse-trapped cheese every year for several months at a time..arguing about who should be what rank and who ‘hasn’t played anybody’ or whatever. Or hating on/adoring certain conferences. I’d be more embarrassed just looking at folks act like that if we weren’t at the point where mfers pledge their allegiance to these somewhat obviously rotten political people in even more aggressive and/or dangerous ways.

And bowl games? We’re up over 30 bowls now! Them shits are basically parades if it ain’t the final 4 or MAYBE the top couple of bowls after that. When I look around and see teams with 5 losses playing in bowls? C’mon now (B High voice)! Even when it’s ‘my own school’, I’m barely wanting to see that foolishness.