Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI agree with the higher standard, I do think he learned some lessons...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13463342&mesg_id=13463474
13463474, I agree with the higher standard, I do think he learned some lessons...
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Jun-29-22 09:27 AM
and in ways has been more progressive. I also think he is facing some challenges that Obama didn't face. Namely, I don't think Obama faced, FROM THE LEFT, the issue of framing everything as a failure. Let the left and the right tell it, Biden has no wins. Even the media is very invested in Biden as Jimmy Carter for some reason.

From the left Obama got a lighter touch, in fact, there were things he should have caught hell from the left (drones) that he got a pass on.

The other big thing is that neither Obama or Biden were elected to be these progressive firebrands. It the part that everyone misses. Biden was elected because he was the most boring candidate to take us back to the Halcyon days of god knows when. Obama faked people out because people assumed he was more progressive then he was because he was black, but he ran as centrist as well.

The problem is as much as the country wants a centrist, you have an other party that is so extreme there is nothing to be centrist too.

I don't know what the future holds, but I think what we currently have is unsustainable.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"