Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think Obama made a strategic mistake of thinking he could partner with
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13463342&mesg_id=13463468
13463468, I think Obama made a strategic mistake of thinking he could partner with
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Jun-29-22 08:17 AM
the lunatics of the Republican Party.

I think he offered up Merrick Garland as a Supreme Court nominee as an attempt to appease the right instead of picking a black woman nominee and dive in head first to a cultural war with a GOP opposing the first black woman nominee.

At the time it made a lot of sense to put up Garland I think, in hindsight I see a different strategy of going to war would have either had the same result or even a win.

I do think the biggest mistake of Obama's term was not fighting like hell to get his Supreme Court nominee through.

Trump getting 3 Supreme Court nominees and a tax cut through really means his single term was a smashing success by GOP measurements.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"