Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectlmao at the Stop the Steal fund that didn’t exist.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13462344
13462344, lmao at the Stop the Steal fund that didn’t exist.
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jun-14-22 11:48 AM
What a beautiful grift.

This is prolly the most satisfying thing from the Jan 6 committee.

https://news.yahoo.com/jan-6-panel-trump-campaign-used-election-lie-to-raise-millions-from-supporters-163747101.html

13462346, republicans DON'T CARE
Posted by handle, Tue Jun-14-22 11:50 AM
Brains are broken.

And a better headline would have been "A quarter of a billion" or "Hundreds of millions."
13462347, We all knew it was a grift at the time. But THIS part???
Posted by soulfunk, Tue Jun-14-22 11:55 AM
>Wick noted that much of the money went to the Save America PAC, which >was created on Nov. 9, two days after the election was called for >Biden. That PAC then routed $1 million to two separate organizations >tied to Trump staffers, $204,857 to the Trump Hotel Collection and $5 >million for the company that organized the Jan. 6 rally that preceded >the violence at the Capitol, according to Wick.

5 million to the company organizing the rally/riot??? Where was that money spent? The fact that folks continue to deny and wave off the seriousness of what happened on Jan. 6th is crazy at this point...
13462348, If these MAGA morons had a fucking brain in their heads...
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Jun-14-22 12:03 PM
...they'd use this as grounds for a quarter billion class action lawsuit.
13462349, I might honestly start selling trump 2024 gear
Posted by falafel stand pimpin, Tue Jun-14-22 12:08 PM
I want a taste
13462350, Could be the winning strategy
Posted by bentagain, Tue Jun-14-22 12:30 PM
If we supported as closeted trolls... they'd probably stop following this goof because they'd no longer 'own the libs'

I think you could be on to something...
13462351, Man listen.. I’m thinking about running as a republican
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jun-14-22 12:31 PM
for some shit just to get these dollars as a Black man because the crazier you sound the more money you get.

If I won I would block all their votes and if I lost I wouldn’t give a shit..

I’m rich beeyotch

wish I had no fucks to give and no conscious because there is money to be made.
13462353, yet they're still going to vote for him and his ilk.
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Jun-14-22 12:36 PM
13462355, and they would donate AGAIN if they sent an email out about the steal
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jun-14-22 01:15 PM
these folks are delusional and begging for more lies because reality isn’t a safe space for them anymore.
13462358, PRESIDENT TRUMP NEEDS YOUR HELP NOW MORE THAN EVER
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Jun-14-22 01:33 PM
*donates another $200*

*goes back to sharing memes about biden gas prices*
13462369, Check out this section from a recent profile of GA's @burnitdown
Posted by Nodima, Tue Jun-14-22 02:45 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/06/12/election-suspicion-georgia-greene-trump/

I'll set the stage with this:

“The smartest district in the U.S.A.” is how Greene has described her followers.

Those followers include Rubino, a married 40-year-old mother of two, a New York transplant who had worked in restaurants and flipped houses for a living and once believed politics was only for the powerful.

-------

There is a lot between this moment in the profile and where we're going, but eventually we get to:

“Sometimes, I’d like to know what the point is,” she said, driving in a screw. “The fact that I can’t figure it out is what bothers me. Because I need to understand.”

It was a question that had troubled her since the first time she ever asked it, which was when she was 8 years old, sitting in the back seat of her mother’s car on the way to religion class.

“The thought just came into my head,” she said. “I was thinking, ‘What are we doing this for? What are we doing any of this for if we’re just going to die? You die, and it’s over. So, what’s the point?’ I felt afraid. Afraid to the point of not wanting to think about that anymore.”

She had never stopped thinking about it, though, and in some ways, she said, it was the question that had drawn her into the movement for Donald Trump, who was the first politician to give voice to her private thoughts about what America was becoming, which made her feel recognized and even important. She had never voted before, never felt herself mattering as a citizen until Trump came on the scene along with everything else — the rallies, the social media, and eventually, successors such as Greene.

They were the ones who introduced her to the version of America she now inhabited, but what was happening, she realized, was that the more she believed in it, the more that all the certainties of the old America were turning into suspicions. She no longer trusted her schooling. She no longer trusted traditional news. She no longer trusted election results. She no longer trusted courts, or local government, or state government, or the U.S. government, or any of the institutions of democracy she once took for granted. She was no longer sure America was the country she once thought it was.

“It’s just endless questions,” she said. “You’d like to have somebody to trust, something to be sure of.”

But every question led to another suspicion, she said, and every suspicion led to another question, and at times it could all feel so destabilizing that she was no longer sure of her own sense of reality itself, which had so thoroughly broken down that she sometimes had to regain her bearings by doing what she was doing now. She picked up a screw and squeezed it.

“I know I have this screw in my hand because it’s poking my finger and hurts,” she said.

She pinched the skin on the inside of her forearm.

“I am really here,” she said.

She looked at a tree across the yard.

“I know that’s a tree,” she said, then stopped herself. “Or at least I know that it’s called a tree because that’s what I was told, but how do I know it’s not something else?”

She looked at her garage, where she was storing the bags of shreds that she was still planning to spread out on a long table and tape back together again, at which point she believed that she might better understand this moment in America. She realized how absurd this could sound.

“Sometimes I’m like, what if I’m wrong?” Rubino said. “It crosses my mind. Then I ask God: If I’m doing something wrong, please give me the strength to figure it out. Because I really want to understand what the point is. This can’t be what life is, that you get up and go to work and come home. That as humans, we’re nothing.”

She drove the screw into the plywood.

“I want people to realize we’re significant,” she said.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz
13462375, she's all set.
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Jun-14-22 04:20 PM
she has trump and god. maybe she'll figure out what a tree really is.
13462376, Shame she wasn't born in Vermont
Posted by Robert, Tue Jun-14-22 04:31 PM
and just wound up following Phish for her whole adult life, instead the venus flytrap that is the deep south got her..
13462357, 99% of them either won’t care, or call it fake news
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jun-14-22 01:19 PM
The vast majority of them will just add yet another layer of conspiracy to the whole thing

Barr and Ivanka will suddenly be sleeper agents of the deep state
The woke liberal media found info on them and used it to force them to lie
Trump knew they were part of the secret cabal and kept them close
Etc
13462360, Wash Rinse Repeat
Posted by Lurkmode, Tue Jun-14-22 02:06 PM
It started before the election and it's still going now they made it national.

https://www.mcall.com/news/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-nyt-trump-supporter-donations-20210403-diz6ucnxwjc7tbtrzmloygt2am-story.html

"Stacy Blatt was in hospice care last September listening to Rush Limbaugh’s dire warnings about how badly Donald Trump’s campaign needed money when he went online and chipped in everything he could: $500."

"But for some Trump supporters, like Ron Wilson, WinRed is a scam artist. Wilson, an 87-year-old retiree in Illinois, made a series of small contributions last fall that he thought would add up to about $200; by December, federal records show, WinRed and Trump’s committees had withdrawn more than 70 separate donations from Wilson worth roughly $2,300.

“Predatory!” Wilson said of WinRed. Like multiple other donors interviewed, though, he held Trump himself blameless, telling the Times, “I’m 100% loyal to Donald Trump.”
13462362, the entire republican party is a ponzi scheme.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Jun-14-22 02:14 PM
not even a well-executed one in terms of sophistication/persuasion.

they just tell these niggas exactly what they want to hear and then tell them to send money.

theyre using flog and opt out rebilling donation scams that most google searchers from the early to mid 2000s have already gotten hip to.

(its ironic that dr oz is now a republican senate candidate)

13462372, I agree, the financial scam angle needs to be talked about way more...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jun-14-22 03:47 PM
than it is. I remember when he was running he said he was going to give up all his busines interests but he didn't. How much he charged they US government when the entire presidential entourage, secret service included to stay at his properties and Marlago and Trump Towers. He was scamming from all angles, that was the real STEAL
13462377, there's a thread already for this stuff
Posted by rdhull, Tue Jun-14-22 05:02 PM
13462383, Do you think he really wanted to serve the 2nd term?
Posted by bentagain, Tue Jun-14-22 09:03 PM
Or was the big lie just part of the fraud?

I have to admit, day 1 really triggered me
IDC to see those videos ever again
It’s like watching the planes on 911

But, day 2 was incredibly interesting
I hadn’t considered that his entire political career was just a vehicle for massive fraud
They did a great job
My takeaway now, is they are holding him responsible for everyone who mentions election fraud as motivation for any criminal activity
That’s a lot different than…let’s March to the capitol
Really pulling the hood off and getting a clear view of the whole engine

May be a small point, but Lofgren kept referring to it as ‘the big ripoff’

It’s fraud, in its simplest definition, fraud
Call it fraud.

DOJ looking real bish as the days pass
Another 2 hours of crimes documented and broadcast to the world
SMH.
13462384, "serve" fuck no. be the president? fuck yes
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Jun-14-22 10:34 PM
13462386, If you remember...he was a reluctant winner in 2016
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jun-15-22 05:32 AM
Didn't really seem excited about that W
and, he had already mentioned the election being stolen in the 2015 campaign
I honestly don't think he was interested in actually being president... definitely not serving

IMO, his motivation for running was setting up the fraud scheme
It just got delayed a few years...
13462387, best believe STS wasn’t his only hustle these past 4 years
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jun-15-22 07:37 AM
but I’m sure he would’ve preferred the L and quick grift in 2016.
13462391, Right, after he won the election those high level experienced grifters
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jun-15-22 07:58 AM
Like Manafort and Stone were probably licking their chops
COVID was probably a windfall
13462401, oh that's all true. he def never expected to win in 16
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Jun-15-22 10:35 AM
and he had plans to call bs on the results and grift off it.

he didn't seem to like the job much at first, but he seemed to adjust when he realized he can just fire people, play victim, shipost and work 4 hour days.

plus he gets to be the president. a narcissist on his level who shits in a gold toilet and flies around in toys with his name on it is now given what at least in most people's view is the most powerful position on the world.

his ego ain't letting him let that go. plus he knows if he gets back in after alll this, he can pretty much do anything.