Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectuncivilized animals
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13462171
13462171, uncivilized animals
Posted by rdhull, Thu Jun-09-22 07:55 PM
13462180, I am guessing you are talking about the Jan 6. Hearings?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Jun-10-22 07:56 AM
They really tried to paint that crowd as peaceful patriots.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13462183, I think they are a bunch of chumps that got suckered into catching charges
Posted by flipnile, Fri Jun-10-22 08:22 AM
Got those dickheads all angry and hyped up, then opened the door and invited them to cross the threshold and catch federal charges.

Seems like a pretty nice setup, TBH.

13462191, they were coming in regardless. I also think some police were in on it
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jun-10-22 10:19 AM
and others wanted no part of that mob

but underneath in that entrance? That was some Game of Thrones “heave hoe” real shit.

They shoulda sprayed all these people with bullets.
13462188, Is there really no Jan 6 Committee Post?!?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Jun-10-22 09:58 AM
The interesting thing I noticed is that the far left is as disinterested in talking about it is Fox News and the far right.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

13462189, because we know nothing will come from it
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jun-10-22 10:17 AM
and real talk, it will just energize the crazies to get Trump back in office.

Unless they actually throw something heavy that sticks its just threatre and right now we have inflation and shortages to worry about.

13462195, ^^^^^^
Posted by Mafamaticks, Fri Jun-10-22 10:38 AM
>because we know nothing will come from it

We all knew what the hearing knew a year and some change ago. Until the people who were actually responsible get locked up, this ain't nothing but a dog and pony show.
13462199, the right are already saying that bullshit re: inflation, gas prices etc
Posted by rdhull, Fri Jun-10-22 10:44 AM
and it IS bullshit to bring up when this is happening to try to deter. We all know we are in tough times but this is not the subject matter at hand. It took this time to get it right to begin to present (hopefully this works). We are all suffering from learned helplessness syndrome in thinking this is all window dressing that will lead to nothing.

as it was stated: the work is watching (what happens, what we do about this)

>and real talk, it will just energize the crazies to get Trump
>back in office.
>
>Unless they actually throw something heavy that sticks its
>just threatre and right now we have inflation and shortages to
>worry about.
>
>
13462203, ^^^^ and they do this all the time
Posted by Stadiq, Fri Jun-10-22 11:06 AM
Things are really important when an election nears...then once they are in power, its all downplayed/ignored/etc.

1/6, Trump as hitler, COVID, stolen supreme court, overturning Roe, the evil GOP, Trump Ukraine, etc, etc

^^^ all huge fucking deals when they have to raise money and try to win an election

Once in power?

Its all- turn the page, we need a strong Republican party, job growth, deficit reduction (LMFAO crying), COVID isn't that bad, we need to vote more democrats!

And they end up inevitably looking like opportunistic, hypocritical, spineless, incompetent grifters

Absolutely zero of current Dem leaders - or anyone important in the party's infrastructure- is cut out for this.

These hearings should have happened a while ago. Only hope is this chips away a little at general R support from the mythical moderates. Doubt it though.
13462205, We get it - ANYTHING a DEM does is wrong/bad
Posted by handle, Fri Jun-10-22 11:25 AM
Hearings happening now - bad - too little too late and only to try to influence elections so they can grift and do nothing.

If hearings happened on Jan 31st,2021 - Too quick, unprepared dems fumble the ball.

Let's face it - DEMS don't make you wet.

WE GET IT.

13462207, Please stop with the stannery man its weird
Posted by Stadiq, Fri Jun-10-22 11:48 AM

Do you get paid not to not think critically about this shit?

Is Joe Biden your uncle or some shit?

This isn't a sports team. This is real life shit.

Its okay to talk about the failings of the "good guys"...and its definitely okay to expect more from them than just "GOP EVIL"

I think I'm in your head because you know I'm right.

Democrats and their most passionate fanboys like yourself end up looking like hypocrites when they are in power.

What was bad under the GOP is suddenly not that bad or is completely explainable.

And as far as this specifically...stop. I can make up hypotheticals that you would defend no matter what too.

Anyone who isn't a fucking Democrat stan can admit that this hearing is happening too late...that nothing major will come out of it...and that Dems are ultimately going to turn the page. Again.

Think anything will happen here? Is it Garland time? (lol)

Anything going to happen to Ginny? Will Thomas face any kind of heat for this shit?

Anyone major going to actually be held accountable?

No?

Is it somehow going to be Joe Manchin's fault?

Not sure why you spend so much mental energy defending a group of old white millionaires but WE GET IT

13462218, RE: Please stop with the stannery man its weird
Posted by handle, Fri Jun-10-22 01:18 PM

Dude, all you are saying OVER and OVER and OVER is that DEMS are doing EVEYRTHING WRONG ALL THE TIME.

I'm not 'stanning" when I call you out on the same criticism in EVERY situation .

I get it, there is not a single thing any current DEMS can do right EVER.

I'm not being hyperbolic - you criticize DEMS for every SINGLE thing at ALL TIMES.

I understand your point of view - there's NOTHING that can be done short of making every DEM young, not white, and poor and speaking with the eloquence only possessed by a young MLK. And for them to do every single thing you want them to do in the exact order and the exact time you want them to do it.

You are as deluded as the Republicans are, as it is your right to be.

But JESUS CHRIST it's repetitive and offers no solutions other than "Change everything in one nano-second."

13462227, you know what
Posted by Stadiq, Fri Jun-10-22 04:11 PM

I am repetitive. I'll cop to that.

Its because a lot of this hits very close to home and I (stupidly) thought that Democrats would at least be competent on COVID and would take 1/6 more seriously.

I'm not talking about lefty wet dreams like M4A or eliminate college debt or anything like that.

I'm talking about asking Democrats to actually fight the shit they were (rightfully!) upset about before Biden took over.

COVID
1/6
Voting Rights
Stolen Court
Roe

^^^ I just want Dems to fight for those say 80% as hard as they raised money off them.

And I need some of yall to admit that a lot of shit we were told to vote for Democrats to fix are still a fucking problem.

To be more on topic, though....

To be clear...I'm glad these hearings are happening and its better late than never.

But I doubt anything comes out of it...I predict Dems will turn the page...and yes these hearings would have been more powerful a while ago because Americans have short fucking memories.

13462212, Come on you gotta admit Merrick Garland is not looking good
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Jun-10-22 12:26 PM
and he should have charged Mark Meadows and Dan Scavino.

Can't put Dem's on a pedestal.
13462219, What pedestal?
Posted by handle, Fri Jun-10-22 01:23 PM
>Can't put Dem's on a pedestal.

I'm not agreeing with everything at all times for DEMS, and they're not on a pedestal and I'm not saying you can't criticize them...

I'm just disagreeing with dude's constant repetitive AND all encompassing criticism at all times on every single thing.

He things Biden can say the "right words" and everyone will take COVID more seriously. And that all situations under Trump are exactly the same situation now.

13462226, please stop man
Posted by Stadiq, Fri Jun-10-22 04:04 PM
>>Can't put Dem's on a pedestal.
>
>I'm not agreeing with everything at all times for DEMS, and
>they're not on a pedestal and I'm not saying you can't
>criticize them...
>
>I'm just disagreeing with dude's constant repetitive AND all
>encompassing criticism at all times on every single thing.
>
>He things Biden can say the "right words" and everyone will
>take COVID more seriously. And that all situations under Trump
>are exactly the same situation now.

I NEVER EVER said these things.

On COVID, I have pointed out that the response is not good enough. It just flat out isn't.

Biden admin spiked the ball early in several ways...literally anyone without a weird agenda can admit this.

And I have also pointed out that when the Trump admin minimized COVID to focus on the economy/reelection chances/etc...this place was up in arms.

You keep wanting to put me in a box.

I'm not a "both sides are the same" by any stretch.

I'm also not incapable of giving props...like I did to the vaccine roll out and have on the Russia conflict.

You just get in a tizzy when I and/or others criticize your team.

Its weird.
13462231, Correction: YOU'RE weird.
Posted by handle, Fri Jun-10-22 06:02 PM
There's a record.
13462221, The Attorney General is not a "Dem."
Posted by stravinskian, Fri Jun-10-22 01:49 PM

As for Merrick Garland, the justice department has to actually win these cases or else bringing them would make matters worse.

I don't know nearly enough about the law to say whether these judgments have been prudent thus far, and I'm pretty sure that nobody else around here knows enough about it either, including the lawyers.
13462224, He was appointed by a Dem President
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Jun-10-22 03:34 PM
The fact that Dems are saying the terrorist raid was bad, yet the guy the Dem President picked as AG will not charge the person(Meadows) at the center who is not cooperating makes Dems President look bad because they picked him.

How can it look worse then letting Meadows get a pass.
13462222, Lol Jesus Christ
Posted by Amritsar, Fri Jun-10-22 02:05 PM
13462220, It really is amazing how much effort you put
Posted by stravinskian, Fri Jun-10-22 01:42 PM
Into misremembering the past and ignoring how things work. You'd really make a very good Republican.

>Things are really important when an election nears...

Well, yes, the time as an election approaches is a particularly good time to run for office. That's when most politicians do it, in either party.

>then
>once they are in power, its all downplayed/ignored/etc.

You're making shit up.

>1/6, Trump as hitler, COVID, stolen supreme court, overturning
>Roe, the evil GOP, Trump Ukraine, etc, etc

Yup, Yup, Yup, Yup, Yup, Yup, Yup etc.

>^^^ all huge fucking deals when they have to raise money and
>try to win an election

Huge fucking deals on any day. You're making shit up.

>Once in power?
>
>Its all- turn the page,

Who ever said that?

>we need a strong Republican party,

You're making shit up.

If you're talking about the faint-praise cliche of "It's a shame we don't have a serious opposition party anymore.", then you must be pretty confused to equate that with "we need a strong Republican party."

>job
>growth,

Wait, are you saying job growth isn't important?

>deficit reduction (LMFAO crying),

Crying about what?

>COVID isn't that
>bad,

Uhhhhhh... What?

You're making shit up.

>we need to vote more democrats!

Yes, we do. That is the problem. The only way to gain political power is to put people in office. You really don't have to be such a dummy.

>And they end up inevitably looking like opportunistic,
>hypocritical, spineless, incompetent grifters

There might conceivably be a case to be made here on marketing, but you haven't made it. Is your concern that they haven't passed any major laws (other than the infrastructure bill that was initially conceived as bipartisan, interestingly enough...)? It's an understandable concern, given that most people don't know how laws are passed.

But you, personally you, you put so much energy into ranting about how Democrats are incompetent (while never saying a word about what they should be doing or why or how) -- if you put a third of that effort into thinking about trivial things like how to pass a law, you'd have a much better understanding of what the situation is and you could approach your pointless online rants as if you were a productive member of a democratic society.

>Absolutely zero of current Dem leaders - or anyone important
>in the party's infrastructure- is cut out for this.

What should they be doing?

Occam's razor: Is it simpler to believe that hundreds of millions of people are in the thrall of idiots who have devoted their life's work to the same progressive principles you claim to hold and yet somehow missed all the simple secrets that seem so obvious to you? Or is it more plausible that you just aren't interested in the details and that you're even less interested in personal self criticism?

>These hearings should have happened a while ago.

They did. It was the second impeachment trial.

They claim to have more information now. We'll see. It takes time to depose thousands of witnesses. The fact that you're thinking they could/should have done "these hearings", say, a year earlier, is a sign that you're thinking of them entirely as theatrics and not as an effort to establish facts with legal rigor. You know what would be completely pointless? A rehashing of the arguments from the impeachment trial with no new information.

Will new information help to move the dial any further? Probably not. I'm as skeptical about that as you are. But if you think there's anything better for them to be doing, you have the power to say what that is. Maybe the reason you only ever say the Dems are fucking up and you never say what they should actually be doing is that you're afraid that you might be smart enough to realize how dumb you're choosing to be.

>Only hope is
>this chips away a little at general R support from the
>mythical moderates. Doubt it though.

Me too, but why do you say "only hope"? Are you under the impression that there could have ever been another goal here?
13462228, Oh look who it is
Posted by Stadiq, Fri Jun-10-22 04:46 PM

Its always funny how certain folks come around less and less when there's an actual record of Democrats in power to talk about. At least Handle didn't run and hide like a few of yall.

>Into misremembering the past and ignoring how things work.
>You'd really make a very good Republican.
>
>>Things are really important when an election nears...
>
>Well, yes, the time as an election approaches is a
>particularly good time to run for office. That's when most
>politicians do it, in either party.

Yeah we shouldn't have higher expectations for Democrats, I'm convinced!

>
>>then
>>once they are in power, its all downplayed/ignored/etc.
>
>You're making shit up.

I'm literally not. And you know I'm not.

>
>>1/6, Trump as hitler, COVID, stolen supreme court,
>overturning
>>Roe, the evil GOP, Trump Ukraine, etc, etc
>
>Yup, Yup, Yup, Yup, Yup, Yup, Yup etc.
>
>>^^^ all huge fucking deals when they have to raise money and
>>try to win an election
>
>Huge fucking deals on any day. You're making shit up.

Again, nope. All the shit they warned us about is STILL HAPPENING.

On COVID, outside of a vaccine...the response has been essentially the same- downplay, focus on economy, etc.

Roe about to be overturned. I could go on and on.

>
>>Once in power?
>>
>>Its all- turn the page,
>
>Who ever said that?

Several of your idols have referred to this in combination with the next thing you want to pretend never happened below.
>
>>we need a strong Republican party,
>
>You're making shit up.

LMFAO Biden and Nancy literally said this. Out loud.

Joe Biden still thinks he can reach across the aisle.

Stop.

You can't tell voters for months how evil the GOP is, how they tried to overthrow the government, etc...then say shit like this.

>
>If you're talking about the faint-praise cliche of "It's a
>shame we don't have a serious opposition party anymore.", then
>you must be pretty confused to equate that with "we need a
>strong Republican party."
>
>>job
>>growth,
>
>Wait, are you saying job growth isn't important?

More important than death, sickness, kids getting shot to pieces, fascism on the rise, etc?

No. Not as important.

Is it as important to you?

Fuck kids getting shot, COVID, back-alley abortions, climate, etc....

lets focus on the deficit.

>
>>deficit reduction (LMFAO crying),
>
>Crying about what?

Crying that your boy tried to celebrate this as a win when all this shit is going down.

Crying that he let himself get caught up in a GOP-framed argument let again.

Crying that the week 19 kids were shot to pieces he was tweeting about inflation.

>
>>COVID isn't that
>>bad,
>
>Uhhhhhh... What?
>
>You're making shit up.

Again, no I'm not. And you know I'm not. You just don't want to have an actual discussion...as usual you just want to be a condescending cherry-picking asshole.

>
>>we need to vote more democrats!
>
>Yes, we do. That is the problem. The only way to gain
>political power is to put people in office. You really don't
>have to be such a dummy.

You aren't this dumb. My point was scare! scare! scare! to raise money and always be just short of doing anything meaningful.

on gun violence alone, there is shit that Biden can be doing from his seat to at least put pressure on people....or at least fucking try.

But the game is raising money for the consultants.

>
>>And they end up inevitably looking like opportunistic,
>>hypocritical, spineless, incompetent grifters
>
>There might conceivably be a case to be made here on
>marketing, but you haven't made it. Is your concern that they
>haven't passed any major laws (other than the infrastructure
>bill that was initially conceived as bipartisan, interestingly
>enough...)? It's an understandable concern, given that most
>people don't know how laws are passed.

Yes marketing and again not at least fighting for the shit they raise money off of.

>
>But you, personally you, you put so much energy into ranting
>about how Democrats are incompetent (while never saying a word
>about what they should be doing or why or how) -- if you put a
>third of that effort into thinking about trivial things like
>how to pass a law, you'd have a much better understanding of
>what the situation is and you could approach your pointless
>online rants as if you were a productive member of a
>democratic society.

Thanks for the advice...and if you put as much energy into pushing the party to act as you do defending old white millionaires it might help.

>
>>Absolutely zero of current Dem leaders - or anyone important
>>in the party's infrastructure- is cut out for this.
>
>What should they be doing?

I just ask that Democrats fight for all the scary shit they email me about asking for money.

A more comprehensive COVID response that is mindful of immunocompromised people.

Much of my frustration comes from the first few months of the Biden admin where Dems missed major opportunities.

After 1/6 there was a compelling case to make that the entire experiment was under attack that could have potentially led to some structural change that would have at least evened the scales.

Had literal months to get Manchin on board for something.

But dicked around and wasted time trying to look bipartisan.

>
>Occam's razor: Is it simpler to believe that hundreds of
>millions of people are in the thrall of idiots who have
>devoted their life's work to the same progressive principles
>you claim to hold and yet somehow missed all the simple
>secrets that seem so obvious to you? Or is it more plausible
>that you just aren't interested in the details and that you're
>even less interested in personal self criticism?

Gotdamn you get really personal when someone says something bad about your team.

This is where you get weird.

I think the issue here is you believe these old, white millionaires devoted their life's work to progressive principles.

Like there is an argument for you to make...but turning them into heroes actually makes my argument for me.

You fawn over these people. You care a lot more about them then they do about you and yours.

>
>>These hearings should have happened a while ago.
>
>They did. It was the second impeachment trial.
>
>They claim to have more information now. We'll see. It takes
>time to depose thousands of witnesses. The fact that you're
>thinking they could/should have done "these hearings", say, a
>year earlier, is a sign that you're thinking of them entirely
>as theatrics and not as an effort to establish facts with
>legal rigor. You know what would be completely pointless? A
>rehashing of the arguments from the impeachment trial with no
>new information.

Oh look, you finally made a decent point that isn't wrapped up in hurt feelings over your team.

Fair points...but my point remains- these type of theatrics...and they are theatrics and absolutely should be...would have been more effective prior to this.

At the very least, they should have done more to keep this story in the news so this doesn't look so much like election cycle posturing.

>
>Will new information help to move the dial any further?
>Probably not. I'm as skeptical about that as you are. But if
>you think there's anything better for them to be doing, you
>have the power to say what that is. Maybe the reason you only
>ever say the Dems are fucking up and you never say what they
>should actually be doing is that you're afraid that you might
>be smart enough to realize how dumb you're choosing to be.
>
>>Only hope is
>>this chips away a little at general R support from the
>>mythical moderates. Doubt it though.
>
>Me too, but why do you say "only hope"? Are you under the
>impression that there could have ever been another goal here?
>

Again...

You can't freak out about 1/6...call it an attempt to overthrow the government...call it a terrorist attack...hold a vigil with Lin Manuel (lol lol lol) etc...

then not hold anyone accountable.

It will make them look incompetent at best and like grifters at worse.

I know you want to pretend that Garland is completely sequestered from the admin and he is playing the honorable non-partisan AG or whatever but cmon.

Whats funny? This could have very well been Dems last chance for decades.

You would think you passionate fans with Malarky bumper stickers would be wanting to see more action as well. You would think you would want to go down swinging too.

If voters reject Democrats for being bold against fascists...how is that worse than just surrendering to them? Or pretending they don't exist?

That's what has always cracked me up about you guys...you especially.

"Vote Democrat or things will be terrible!"

** We vote democrat...things proceed to still be mostly terrible. I point out that things are mostly terrible and Democrats aren't doing much...not even really making a public case.

"If Democrats are bold they will lose and things will be terrible! Dummy! Don't be Dumb!" etc etc

** Democrats proceed to be meek and act like its the 90s when many of their leaders were in their 50s and 60s. Democrats lose anyway.

13462214, Exactly. What is the goal?
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jun-10-22 12:43 PM
Those who know, aren't going to be convinced more
The deranged will never accept facts
Really wondering what the point is of reliving this if it doesn't result in jail time for the people in power that were behind this...?

Probably driving faux news ratings through the roof
Prime time hearings in an election cycle feels like a campaign strategy

Dems are really going to present hours and days of criminal behavior that results in ... what...?
13462196, Because it's a snooze fest
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Fri Jun-10-22 10:42 AM
And because it's such a snoozefest, it gives off the vibe that it's all overblown.
This thing should have started out with a bang. But if last night was the bang, they need to cancel the rest of primetime hearings.

They are spending hours talking about what we already know. Trump worked folks into a frenzy with his lies. High level people disagreed with Trump, but he continued (and still continues) lying anyways. What is interesting about that?

And they are just replaying the same old footage we've seen for a year and a half. And NEW FOOTAGE!!! which is indistinguishable from the old footage.

I was hoping evidence of actual conspiracy and coordination between Trump and the rioters would come out of these investigations. But it doesn't look like that will be the case.

13462211, lol
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Jun-10-22 12:21 PM
It just started
13462217, You think they're saving the good stuff for the end?
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Fri Jun-10-22 01:14 PM
If that's the case, they need better communication experts on the team. Because ratings are going to plummet next week.
13462225, No, but did you want an 11 hour Benghazi
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Jun-10-22 03:38 PM
The ratings were going to plummet anyway.
13462213, "we already know" is where you are wrong.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Jun-10-22 12:39 PM
Outside the watch cnn,msnbc or even fox all day crowd, there are a lot of folks who never gave much thought about it. I don't know if this crowd will catch it on prime time of most channels, but who knows.

13462215, They ain't watching more than 2 minutes of a Liz Cheney monotone monologue
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Fri Jun-10-22 01:09 PM
<
<I don't know if this crowd will catch it on <prime time of most channels, but who knows.
<
13462198, They waited too long to do something, we have moved on
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jun-10-22 10:44 AM
13462200, cant think this way
Posted by rdhull, Fri Jun-10-22 10:54 AM
gotta keep plowing away
13462202, they should have found a way to include Depp and Amber Heard
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Jun-10-22 11:06 AM
13462208, LOL
Posted by Brew, Fri Jun-10-22 11:55 AM
13462204, What's the term? horseshoe theory?
Posted by shygurl, Fri Jun-10-22 11:20 AM
At this point, there are a lot of overlapping ideals btw the far left and the far right.
13462192, Is this the official capital riot post?
Posted by Kira, Fri Jun-10-22 10:21 AM
Given the fact 99% of the capital rioters got away with criminal activity, what are the odds this happens again?

Here are some videos.

New videos of the insurrection:
https://youtu.be/5eZTvvXt784

https://youtu.be/mWzYB2RmfPU

Liz Cheney's opening remarks:
https://youtu.be/NrO0OlMbPfI

Highlights of the first hearing:
https://youtu.be/UuUi-bCgqVk

Full 1st public hearing:
https://youtu.be/1GS2uybciaU
13462193, just look at them..harming their own..savages
Posted by rdhull, Fri Jun-10-22 10:34 AM
13462206, absolute pieces of garbage. deplorables (c) email lady
Posted by shygurl, Fri Jun-10-22 11:43 AM
Its hard not to feel frustrated and angry at the lack of the interest in the proceedings, these savages were a breath away from completely disassembling democracy as we know it and it's as if this was nothing more than a few people throwing eggs at a statue.

Things that stood out to me (I missed some things due to being at my part time job)

- 140 officers were injured, 1 died that day, 4 died of suicide afterwards due to the party of law and order and the embracers of blue lives matter
-Donald Trump mentioning that the crowds should kill Mike Pence
-Proud Boys having caches of weapons in VA prior to the planned rally
-Republican legislators calling and asking for pardons in the days after the insurrection because of their participation
-I knew this, but they really emphasized how much Trump was told he had lost by his inner circle and that he knew he had lost versus just self delusion
-The female cop who testified and really all the cops who actually did their jobs were brave as hell
-Bill Barr aint shit, but the thought of Trump watching him and Ivanka play him was satisfying

Fox News was the only major news/broadcast channel that didn't play the proceedings, and actually had an hour of commercial free Tucker Carlson in order to stop their dumbass viewers from changing the channel.

Imo, the whole thing was riveting and the only reason why I might not watch everything is because I was getting a lil too angry at these savages.
13462210, I had it on in the background today
Posted by Mafamaticks, Fri Jun-10-22 12:18 PM
I didn't need to see the hearings to know Trump is a piece of shit and that he should be locked up behind this nonsense. But the actual footage and having them piece it together with timestamps and shit is fucking wild to see.

But how much evidence does everybody else need to get them locked up and prevent Trump and everybody else that participated to be barred from a government job?

13462216, i haven't watched much due to my own sanity
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Jun-10-22 01:12 PM
a couple clips, and the video the committee put out is so fucking maddening as it is

couple that with the rampant whataboutism, and apathy/cynicism (self-included) and knowing at least as of right now, a trump re-election feels pretty likely, it's all too depressing for words.

i remember thinking on that day the one positive is that there will be a fever break from all this trump shit, at least around his enablers, because this was so undeniable. so sick of being wrong about hope lol.

13462283, another enthralling day of coverage.
Posted by shygurl, Mon Jun-13-22 12:53 PM
Key points for me:

-I think nearly everybody who testified or whose recorded video was shown was Republican, and there were many high level Trump officials. Super smart choice from the committee.
-Everybody calling Giuliani a drunkard (lolll), and the emphasis on him being a key component starting from election night to advocate for 'the big lie'.
-Bill Barr's bitch ass really trying to play the enlightened one in the room, but worked under Trump for nearly two years, until he decided to flee like a rat on a sinking ship. (but also made sure to get his book deal)
-All of these Trump officials who under oath had all sorts negative comments about Trump and the administration, but felt no pressure to say something while the shit was happening.
-The emphasis on how early Trump started to construct the stolen election lie.
-The outright grifting of $250 MILLION from people who believed the election was stolen.
-Trump is a scumbag, but these proceedings really showed that he surrounded himself with other scumbags.

I'm the only person I know watching in real life lol, but just like the kbj hearings I am hooked. Prior to this I never watched long proceedings like this consistently, but both my jobs have enough latitude to allow me to listen to them now. A great look into how dumb people are.
13462856, Day 4: Black women coming with the emotionally gripping perspective
Posted by shygurl, Tue Jun-21-22 02:57 PM
Too lazy to write a long followup (I *got* to take a nap B4 I go to my part time job), but Shay and her mother damn near had me in tears.

Biggest drop of the session is a fucking sitting senator conspiring to use fake electors.

Once again, the use of primarily Republican witnesses is genius. One thing that stands out to me is so many of these officials being threatened death by their own fucking party, yet still they stand for and support people who have made clear what they think of them. Smh
13463030, Day five: pardons, pardons, pardons
Posted by shygurl, Thu Jun-23-22 05:45 PM
Missed a lot cause I was on the phone acting a fool towards ****** healthcare and my pos health insurance company.

Focus on the DOJ today. I'm sorry but it's really hard to take these fools seriously when they threatened to quit en masse when they all had been complicent in just as immoral if slightly more legal maneuvers previous to the election. I don't doubt that they would have quit, but only because what they would have been involved with was too obviously illegal with the potential for prison time, versus them being harbingers of morality.

Trump threatened to confiscate voting machines?

Mark Meadows looking worse and worse, if that's even possible.

The talk of blanket pardons for anybody who was involved in Jan 6 or voted against certifying the results from Arizona and Pennsylvania.

Pussy buyer via Venmo ass Matt Gaetz asking for a pardon in December, even before any election shit happened lol.

Mo brooks asking for a pardon for all deeds from the beginning of time lolllll.

Scott Perry (not really familiar with him) engaging via text to push for Clark. (taking notes on a criminal conspiracy smh)

Kinzinger admittedly looking great and dedicated to America today, but both he and Cheney voted 90% (and more) of the time with Trump.

As good as the proceedings have been, they are seriously depressing and it's getting harder and harder to watch and feel like it's worth continuing the fight. This shit failed solely because Trump is dumb and greedy and surrounded himself with other dumb, greedy, scumbag ass, short thinking people. The thought of a Desantis with a marginally more competent team behind him truly scares the shit out of me, and the implicit way the media (included the revered Times and Post) embraces these savages is nothing short of catastropheic.
13462230, Based on US Law
Posted by allStah, Fri Jun-10-22 05:20 PM
A person who is found guilty of Mutiny can be imprisoned up to 10
years.

Every last person who participated committed mutiny.

It’s a straight forward case in my opinion. I also see it as a form of treason.
Those people betrayed their own government based on the order and
command of a dictator( Trump)

13462232, Modern white people are immune from such punishment
Posted by Kira, Fri Jun-10-22 06:14 PM
>A person who is found guilty of Mutiny can be imprisoned up
>to 10
>years.
>
>Every last person who participated committed mutiny.
>
>It’s a straight forward case in my opinion. I also see it as
>a form of treason.
>Those people betrayed their own government based on the order
>and
>command of a dictator( Trump)
>
>
>

Most of the less than 1% insurrectionist captured received misdemeanor s for the most part.
13462233, This committee doesn't have that power
Posted by bentagain, Sat Jun-11-22 07:58 AM
They're not even subpoena'ing Trumpster or Pence to testify
They're also not enforcing penalties for the people that are subpoena'd and not testifying

It's basically a docuseries.
13462245, uhaul truck filled with 31 white supremacists
Posted by falafel stand pimpin, Sun Jun-12-22 02:09 PM
https://twitter.com/AlissaAzar/status/1535732251308150784

they all came from 11 different states just to fuck with a small pride event in idaho
13462247, white/MAGAts cried "staged" the second this one hit
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Jun-12-22 07:31 PM
13462566, if these fools dont go to jail....
Posted by rdhull, Thu Jun-16-22 03:26 PM
13462604, The whole purpose of day 3 was 2024
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jun-17-22 06:41 AM
i.e. they will do it again
and we're already seeing that in New Mexico
Still don't understand why the findings of this committee weren't given to the DOJ to initiate criminal proceedings

We're going to have to relive this all over again...?
13462859, Christian Nationalism is a serious problem
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jun-21-22 03:59 PM
these fools think God has told them to wage war if they lose elections.

some warped handmaid tale shit about to happen next time they lose an election
13462862, doj, state ag's, state district attorneys, etc.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Jun-21-22 04:55 PM
these niggas literally tried to steal an election multiple ways...including submitting fake electors.

i have no idea how this isnt the top story in the country and everyone involved isnt being frogmarched into a jail cell to await trial.

i saw that that there was an issue between the doj and the committee because the committee wasnt releasing some of their evidence/transcripts to the doj (prolly cautious of leaks). but im like...its been over 2 years now...why wasnt the doj already on that stuff anyway? they obviously got subpoena power too and can follow the same leads as the committee.

we have an entire side of the political aisle thats basically a nonstop criminal conspiracy at this point...and its like nobody really gets held accountable. so theyre gonna keep going.
13462867, The most documented crime in history
Posted by bentagain, Tue Jun-21-22 06:24 PM
We need more evidence (c) DOJ

Thousands of people live streamed the seige
Multiples of that number in electronic communications
I appreciate that the committee is applying pressure
But if the DOJ wasn't able to indict just off of what was already in the public domain...
You really have to question their purpose.
13462863, there really are no rules for white people in this country.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Jun-21-22 04:58 PM
everything these folks do is so blatant, brazen and in broad daylight now because they know aint shit happening to them.

13462872, we'd be drwn and quartered by now
Posted by rdhull, Tue Jun-21-22 07:13 PM
>everything these folks do is so blatant, brazen and in broad
>daylight now because they know aint shit happening to them.
>
>
13462897, Peter Navarro and Steve Bannon have been indicted
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jun-22-22 05:24 AM
Feels like they're giving Meadows a chance... but they kind of have to indict him too if he doesn't comply soon...

Now I'm questioning why people weren't arrested for protesting while votes were still being counted
Stop the steal = interfering with an official proceeding

Another easy charge for Trumpster
Conspiracy
Telling people to commit a crime...is a crime itself

Is doxing illegal?

I was shocked that they were trying to pass the fake electors to Pence on 1.6
I didn't know that...and that's about as close as it gets

I wouldn't call these people heroes... but it is an amazing accomplishment that we survived that administration

Listening to Trumpster talk is recognized as torture by the Geneva convention

Shout to Lady Ruby.
13463000, the hearings seem to have pushed the doj to take action.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Jun-23-22 12:05 PM
a few stories like this popping up in the last few days.
https://twitter.com/bensiegel/status/1540017629460561920
13463001, Feels like the fake electors is the smoking gun
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jun-23-22 12:15 PM
Readily admit, I didn't fully understand it when it happened
I dismissed it as another desperate attempt by Trumpster...
But after seeing the evidence
Forged documents (that has to be a federal felony...if I print a fake $1 bill, I'm getting mandatory minimums)
The GOP in the 4 'swing' states going through the process of nominating fake electors
...and then trying the switch-er-roo on 1.6

F'n terrifying that THOSE people have not yet been brought to justice

Without this committee and televised hearings...the DOJ would have continued to look the other way

I think we need an investigation into the DOJ at this point.

Whole damn system is guilty as hell
13463002, the fact that corrupt ass bill barr drew a line on this
Posted by Reeq, Thu Jun-23-22 12:28 PM
shows you how crazy this shit was.
13463028, an investigation into the DOJ at this point...bruh
Posted by rdhull, Thu Jun-23-22 04:36 PM
>Readily admit, I didn't fully understand it when it happened
>I dismissed it as another desperate attempt by Trumpster...
>But after seeing the evidence
>Forged documents (that has to be a federal felony...if I print
>a fake $1 bill, I'm getting mandatory minimums)
>The GOP in the 4 'swing' states going through the process of
>nominating fake electors
>...and then trying the switch-er-roo on 1.6
>
>F'n terrifying that THOSE people have not yet been brought to
>justice
>
>Without this committee and televised hearings...the DOJ would
>have continued to look the other way
>
>I think we need an investigation into the DOJ at this point.
>
>Whole damn system is guilty as hell
13463009, Need more of this, ASAP.
Posted by IsaIsaIsa, Thu Jun-23-22 01:15 PM

http://art-------school.com/

https://ibb.co/k4m6n8C
13463031, I may be in the minority, but I'm ok with the DOJ taking their time
Posted by shygurl, Thu Jun-23-22 05:53 PM
Saw somewhere that about 800+ people from Jan 6 have been indicted, and that the DOJ is going to go after the small fish before they go after the big fish.

I want verdicts that stick and are meaningful versus sentences that fail in appeal. *shrug*
13463033, RE: I may be in the minority, but I'm ok with the DOJ taking their time
Posted by rdhull, Thu Jun-23-22 06:36 PM
>Saw somewhere that about 800+ people from Jan 6 have been
>indicted, and that the DOJ is going to go after the small fish
>before they go after the big fish.
>
>I want verdicts that stick and are meaningful versus sentences
>that fail in appeal. *shrug*

agreed
13463008, Apparently, today's the day...names will be named.
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jun-23-22 01:08 PM
13463054, So... basically the whole party... LOL
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jun-24-22 08:54 AM
147 Rs voted to overturn the election
The other names were predictable
Kind of a dud, IMO
Obviously, installing Clark is another nail in the coffin... but how many nails do we need...?
+1, Let Schiffty do the questioning
Kinzinger looked like he was about to burst into laughter at every moment
Maybe that's just his normal appearance... but it was hard to take him seriously.
I also really take issue with the members of the Trumpster administration being called heroes
These fools were there for years...they enabled the bull$hit... until it was evident their career would be going down with the ship.
They are no heroes.
13463057, hero’s? smh… most are rats who finally jumped ship
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jun-24-22 09:09 AM
when it was apparent that shit was going down.
13463059, Exactly. She ship had already gone down with the captain
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Jun-24-22 09:17 AM
trying to sell everyone on the idea that the ship was still floating, and only at THAT point did these rats try to get off.

>when it was apparent that shit was going down.
13463062, I'd vote for him in 2024 (c) Bowers
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jun-24-22 09:34 AM
Dude was near tears during his testimony
WTF
13463414, Trump throwing dishes, trying to choke people, grab steering wheel
Posted by makaveli, Tue Jun-28-22 01:04 PM
Violent gangster.
13463418, It's propaganda and it's pretty good
Posted by Walleye, Tue Jun-28-22 01:22 PM
Criticizing The Democrats for fetishizing procedure is all well and good, but this has a confrontational spirit to them that I didn't think they had in them. I don't expect any important heads will roll, but if "suburban libs who hate political instability because it's bad for their property values but would prefer not to do anything drastic because that's also bad somehow" is a crucial part of The Democrats' base, then this is a pretty good way to chum the waters. Plus, it's wildly entertaining. When was the last time they appeased their base's political I'd? When Obama went on Zack Galifiniakis (?) show?

Best case here is, what, Mark Meadows goes to jail for a few months? And they get to say they went after Trump himself but the political will (something they've given themselves unique power to discern and interpret) to prosecute an ex-presudent wasn't there - so you better get out and vote.

That's about as good as it gets here, but it's still better than I expected. Maybe could have squeezed a bit more out of it if they'd started later and saved the juicy stuff for the early fall? Or if they'd staged the whole thing as a true crime podcast?

13463432, Lmao at this defeatist tone. Why not go full Nina Turner with it?
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Jun-28-22 03:46 PM
Also, I’ve been wanting to say this since you disappeared from the Ukraine post. … NATO is as strong as it ever was since the invasion.

Shout out to y’all
13463433, that post was a graveyard for a few narratives.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Jun-28-22 03:52 PM
>Also, I’ve been wanting to say this since you disappeared
>from the Ukraine post. … NATO is as strong as it ever was
>since the invasion.
>
>Shout out to y’all
13463446, Surprise these folks are still talking tbh
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Jun-28-22 05:58 PM
13463434, It's not defeatist at all - they're doing really well
Posted by Walleye, Tue Jun-28-22 04:06 PM
I don't think we have the spine to actually prosecute an ex-President in this country. It'd be swell to be wrong about that, but it doesn't seem like a realistic upside to this. Adjust the expectations a bit though, and maybe there are some actual convictions to point at; an enraged donor class that loves it when Dems are the best at following rules; and probably a better showing in the mid-terms than most people are predicting.

That's a good outcome. They've done a good job with this. Be happy, or whatever.

13463447, Your ability to stay on topic is .. something
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Jun-28-22 06:27 PM
I have some bad news for you on who the base of the Democratic Party is though.

Once again NATO is as strong as it ever was and I don’t see that ending anytime soon. Sorry for the several losses you, Vlad and Nina have taken lately.

13463439, Monica Lewinsky with the burn
Posted by makaveli, Tue Jun-28-22 04:48 PM
https://twitter.com/monicalewinsky/status/1541882875494162438?s=21&t=uyEpSUoD5ODykGyzr4Wv8w
13463440, this committee shows what a sham the mueller investigation was.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Jun-28-22 04:59 PM
we get all this first hand testimony, concrete evidence, and granular detail about a vast governmental conspiracy.

and its from a small group of people who have a fraction of the money, manpower, and legal capability of the doj.

13463449, Isn't witness tampering illegal?
Posted by bentagain, Tue Jun-28-22 09:05 PM
Every hearing is hours long presentations of criminal activity... resulting in... nothing...?
I don't get it.
13463473, Depends
Posted by rdhull, Wed Jun-29-22 09:20 AM
>Every hearing is hours long presentations of criminal
>activity... resulting in... nothing...?
>I don't get it.
13464270, Illuminating reply, would read again.
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jul-13-22 06:17 AM
13464342, depends..if youre white, rich, and a pos
Posted by rdhull, Wed Jul-13-22 07:48 PM
was being facetious and thought u knew that
13464343, This committee has no power to prosecute crimes.
Posted by soulfunk, Wed Jul-13-22 08:29 PM
The point of the committee is to investigate what happened and then present that evidence. They are presenting in public hearings in a way that applies pressure on the Justice Department to bring criminal charges. The Justice Department is also doing their own investigation, and has prosecuted several people, but that’s not as public in terms of the criminal conspiracy up to the top of the Trump organization.

>Every hearing is hours long presentations of criminal
>activity... resulting in... nothing...?
>I don't get it.
13464344, yes, and this committee is forcing the DOJ into a corner where ...
Posted by rdhull, Wed Jul-13-22 09:39 PM
with all the evidence provided, there should be no reason not to arrest that pos and others

and jury tampering is illegal and thats what the committee is reporting the pos has attempted...and thats what he asked

>The point of the committee is to investigate what happened
>and then present that evidence. They are presenting in public
>hearings in a way that applies pressure on the Justice
>Department to bring criminal charges. The Justice Department
>is also doing their own investigation, and has prosecuted
>several people, but that’s not as public in terms of the
>criminal conspiracy up to the top of the Trump organization.
>
>>Every hearing is hours long presentations of criminal
>>activity... resulting in... nothing...?
>>I don't get it.
>
13464441, RE: This committee can't even enforce subpoenas
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jul-14-22 02:42 PM
I know they have no power
Given that this is the most documented criminal conspiracy in history
Every passing day is an indictment of the DOJ.
Day after day, hours and hours of criminal activity
We need more proof (c) DOJ
Committee shouldn't even be necessary.
13464459, Secret Service erases texts from January 6th (and 5th)
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jul-14-22 06:49 PM
I'm no lawyer, but I really confident in saying destroying evidence is a crime.
13464444, Fixed it for you: Isn't whiteness tampering illegal?
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jul-14-22 03:52 PM
No, its never illegal when they do it.

Seriously, what Black man can plead the 5th and get away with it in this scenario?

These dudes like “nah, I aint showing up”

reminds me of the white collar crime skit by chapelle.
13464450, I'm waiting for Trumpster to answer a question with...
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jul-14-22 05:14 PM
I didn't know I couldn't do that
13464918, *very* strong finish.
Posted by shygurl, Fri Jul-22-22 12:10 AM
Nothing particularly new, but great job at really emphasizing just how heavily Trump encouraged the mob and violence, plus showcasing the general ineptness of his presidential/executive ability.

As much as I think both Cheney and Kinzinger are only doing the bare minimum in protecting our democracy, it must be acknowledged that even that sliver of honesty is antithetical to the modern Republican party, and both will be (have been) unfairly maligned for not participating in the coverup/downplaying of Jan 6. During this session, Kinzinger in particular really shone, and in a more equitable world I'm sure he could have parlayed this committee to a more powerful position in the GOP.

At this point, the evidence is overwhelming for Donald Trump's guilt, and the question is if the DOJ is going to charge him. I have absolutely been understanding in how Garland has been handling things, though I like everybody else want these matters to be expedited. I can't see there not being enough evidence to charge him, so now we wait.

I am very excited that these sessions will continue in September ,and the first point of business should be the deleted Secret Service messages.

(also fuck running ass Josh Hawley)
13464919, So... Trumpster gets a reprieve until September...?
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jul-22-22 06:50 AM
What could possibly go wrong...
13464920, Probably longer then September.
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Jul-22-22 07:22 AM
https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/garland-memo-trump/

A leaked memo appears to throw cold water on the idea that Garland’s DOJ will hold Trump or his closest cronies accountable for January 6.
13464922, Does this backfire on Dems heading into the midterms and 2024?
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jul-22-22 07:46 AM
If nothing comes of this in terms of criminal penalties

Then they're just displaying their own incompetence
13464926, It could
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Jul-22-22 08:17 AM
>If nothing comes of this in terms of criminal penalties
>
>Then they're just displaying their own incompetence

True
13464940, you don't have to parrot right wing disinformation to prove a point
Posted by shygurl, Fri Jul-22-22 10:26 AM
A decent Post article on the memo:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/07/19/garland-memo-presidential-candidates-investigations/

Ultimately, Garland is trying to prevent a Comey situation from happening again and simply wants his employees to get high level permission before working cases that could potentially influence elections one way or another. Seemingly this a policy that everyone should want given how easily it is (was) for the DOJ to become very political. Plus, it appears the perception of neutrality is standard procedure across the government, even if it doesn't always come out that way.

Imo, much ado about nothing and yet another way to discredit anything this admin is trying to do.
13464944, What exactly is this administration trying to do about Jan 6th?
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jul-22-22 10:51 AM
IMO, DOJ should have ran point on this from day 1
There's documented criminal behavior in the public domain alone
The fact that this is in a committee hearing is embarrassing

Sounds like DOJ is running out the clock
If they don't charge Trumpster before the midterms... it's going to look politically motivated anyway
...and if he announces his 2024 POTUS campaign...
DOJ isn't going to charge him because of Comey...?
That's some weak sauce.
13464965, Rachel Maddow and Elie Mystal parroting right wing disinfo ? nah
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Jul-22-22 01:08 PM
>A decent Post article on the memo:
>
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/07/19/garland-memo-presidential-candidates-investigations/
>
>Ultimately, Garland is trying to prevent a Comey situation
>from happening again and simply wants his employees to get
>high level permission before working cases that could
>potentially influence elections one way or another. Seemingly
>this a policy that everyone should want given how easily it is
>(was) for the DOJ to become very political. Plus, it appears
>the perception of neutrality is standard procedure across the
>government, even if it doesn't always come out that way.
>

Garland is giving Trump a way out of prosecution.

>Imo, much ado about nothing and yet another way to discredit
>anything this admin is trying to do.

This admin is doing that on it's own.
13464971, DOJ influencing elections vs MAGA overthrowing the government
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jul-22-22 02:15 PM
Pretty good analogy of D vs R
One is worried about public perception
The other is ready to burn it all down

A year and a half later, a month of public testimony...and people can still be convinced to downplay the insurrection

F'n sad.
13464978, Exactly
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Jul-22-22 03:27 PM
>Pretty good analogy of D vs R
>One is worried about public perception
>The other is ready to burn it all down
>

^^^^ This right here

>A year and a half later, a month of public testimony...and
>people can still be convinced to downplay the insurrection
>
>F'n sad.

It's ridiculous, DOJ should have been out front long ago.
13464943, Kinzinger and Cheney really performed well
Posted by T Reynolds, Fri Jul-22-22 10:49 AM
Luria closed well but I found her delivery a little underwhelming. You have to keep the public's attention, you have to emphasize exactly how each juncture was critical.

But I get that she is a former servicewoman so she seems more fit to speak on dereliction of duty and defending the democracy.

Pottinger went above and beyond in his testimony to support the committee's narrative, and Matthews' story culminating with her resignation later in the day really drove home the point of how even staunch loyalists were jumping ship.

The leaked oathkeeper's audio w/ matching footage was also POWERFUL

That was well done. Telling the story through different vantage points and piecing it together despite the gaps has been a strong point of the presentation so far.
13464966, I’m enjoying the roasting of Josh Hawley
Posted by makaveli, Fri Jul-22-22 01:10 PM
13464967, Shit is hitting way harder than it did when I watched it live
Posted by T Reynolds, Fri Jul-22-22 01:19 PM
The fist of insurrection

followed by the mince of disaffection

Didn't realize the whole chamber had a chuckle at that

13465039, maga
Posted by falafel stand pimpin, Sun Jul-24-22 10:03 PM
https://twitter.com/JewishResister/status/1551217529338601473
13465132, Steve Bannon Calls On '4,000 Shock Troops' To 'Deconstruct' The Government 'Brick By Brick'
Posted by T Reynolds, Tue Jul-26-22 09:10 AM
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/steve-bannon-shock-troops-deconstructing-government-brick-by-brick_n_62df1131e4b0aad58d1e13ca
13465183, How are dudes like this still alive?
Posted by rdhull, Tue Jul-26-22 05:39 PM
>https://www.huffpost.com/entry/steve-bannon-shock-troops-deconstructing-government-brick-by-brick_n_62df1131e4b0aad58d1e13ca
13465145, Merrick Garland interview with Lester Holt tues. July 26
Posted by Lurkmode, Tue Jul-26-22 10:35 AM

https://twitter.com/NBCNewsPR/status/1551698979280371715

EXCLUSIVE: @LesterHoltNBC will interview U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland
13465186, trump officially a target of doj 1/6 investigation.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Jul-26-22 09:51 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1552070018350911488

this revelation comes from witnesses to a *grand jury* (most likely pence aides). so its pretty far along and has been advancing in the background.
13465188, doj obtained phone records for trump aides way back in april.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Jul-26-22 11:06 PM
including his chief of staff mark meadows.
https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/status/1552102931964608512

this is before any 1/6 hearings.

looks like merrick garland and doj were doing the work and quietly pursuing the investigation while people were (falsely) speculating that they were sitting on their hands.
13465190, this nigga thought he could do what them white folks were doing.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Jul-27-22 04:38 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/shomaristone/status/1552082197775060992

tied for longest sentence of any 1/6 case.