Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think we are the first generation to go this hard tho
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13461766&mesg_id=13462094
13462094, I think we are the first generation to go this hard tho
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jun-08-22 11:49 AM
I seem to remember my parents being stuck in their ways and telling us to deal
with it. When an elder says Oriental and we see Asian they look at us like “I said what I said”

I’m sure some things changed and hippies got more conservative once they grew up but it feels like the internet has opened up a whole new world for looking back at old content with new eyes and actually demanding accountability.

Hell.. OKP is where I first heard about people saying shit like “Eddies comedy doesn’t hold up” 25 years later.

When I first heard Redd Foxx records I was shocked but I wasn’t on some “Take Sanford & Son’s off the air, this is a problem!!!”

The internet and blogs has turned everyone into a reporter too so a lot of these campaigns are just ways to get their name out there.

Can you ever think of a time when comedians just stopped doing colleges because of the poutrage? People rushing the stage to take out comedians in the 70’s for a joke?

Maybe its always been like this and we just have phones to record it all but I think people are just quick to look for a reason to be upset.