Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm not saying they don't have brand or do branding, I am reacting to
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13460494&mesg_id=13460532
13460532, I'm not saying they don't have brand or do branding, I am reacting to
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon May-16-22 08:48 AM
"they are BETTER at branding".

That's falling into the very trap I am describing. It's not a matter of, if progressives and democrats were better at branding, we could somehow beat their racist branding.

We can't beat these people with better branding or better arguments. You can expose their hypocrisy and they either move the goal post or shrug because they don't give a shit.

They made this whole big thing about how a President in the last year in office shouldn't be able to nominate a supreme court justice. And we took that argument at face value and argued it up and down and debated it on the merits. Then when they were in the exact same position, they shrugged and just appointed who they wanted.

They were the pro cop party until insurrectionist started beating cops on the head.

The pro gun rights party until Philando Castile was shot with his legally owned gun.

They get to call themselves the pro-life party but they are for the death penalty and cops shooting black people.

You could say people buy into these lies because they are better and branding but I am saying people buy into because it aligns with their beliefs and makes them feel good about their own shitty ideas.

There isn't any amount of branding and marketing that will somehow make them no longer racist.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"