Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHolding number 3 is not impressive
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13460312&mesg_id=13461432
13461432, Holding number 3 is not impressive
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri May-27-22 07:31 AM
When folks 3rd and 4th weeks are out selling your 2nd week with all the hype he had for his return. Like I said folks listened to this once, if they got through it at all because it’s mid, and said nah I am cool on this. All these good reviews are reviews of the person and the content, not the music.

You had outlets out here docking Ye just for having Marilyn Manson on the album but Kodak plead guilty to a rape and nary a peep. I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy here. People think I dislike Kendrick naw I fw him but I can call a spade a spade and he didn’t deliver this time.

edit: as for the whites not rallying around Jack it was just too much of a force. There’s not a drip of angst to his music or struggle to his story. And the new album was just too obvious. If he came with 12 Churchill Downs it would’ve went over better but his label sent him out there like a slow pitch high and over the middle. Easy target.