Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhite guy chiming in here !
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13460312&mesg_id=13460909
13460909, White guy chiming in here !
Posted by Tiger Woods, Fri May-20-22 05:39 AM
A) who knows who it was “written for”, seems most obvious it was written for himself, but I’ll tell you that THIS white guy thinks it may be my 2nd favorite KL album after GKMC. I’m in disbelief that all of these ideas could come from the brain of one person.

B) you’ll be surprised when you start seeking out reviews. Response is a mixed bag overall from both black and white critics, and white critics are especially agitated because he’s hitting all of the notes that white liberals love to whine about on Twitter. Between the cancel culture line on N95, the F word use on Auntie, and his tag teaming with Kodak Black, there’s lots of white liberal arts degree writers calling this their favorite condescending adjective - “problematic”. The inclusion of Kodak Black is somewhat of a head scratcher given his record, I get how having him on the record could seem counter to Kendrick’s otherwise pro-female themes on the album. That said, it baffles me how few reviews I’ve read understand that Kodak Black is here as a sort of caricature (KL literally mentions that poor black abused kids grow up to be rappers and buy jewelry and get face tattoos to cover their emotional scars.)