Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThoughts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13459821&mesg_id=13461467
13461467, Thoughts
Posted by mista k5, Fri May-27-22 11:58 AM
excuse the delay

Singles I really liked
Kendrick Lamar - The Heart Part 5
Danger Mouse & Black Thought - No Gold Teeth
Mark Ronson - Too Much

Singles worth checking out
Big Gigantic, VIC MENSA & Mick Jenkins - Just the Same
Post Malone & Roddy Ricch - Cooped Up
Boldy James & Real Bad Man - Open Door

Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
I loved this whole album. I did think it would be one that's best to listen to with headphones on but it hits in the car too. There may be some songs that I'm liking a bit less on repeat listens but nothing I would skip still.
Songs added to rotation:
ALL OF IT

Ricki Monique - Good Seeds EP
I really liked this. Shoutout to Hitokiri for recommending it. Not sure how well it will hold up on repeat listens but I don't expect it to fall much.
Added to rotation:
ALL OF IT

Quelle Chris - DEATHFAME
This was really good and definitely worth checking out. Might be the most I've enjoyed one of his albums. Still some songs I didn't love but some great stuff on it for sure.
Added to rotaion:
Alive Ain't Always Living
King in Black
So Tired You Can't Stop Dreaming
DEATHFAME
The Sky is Blue Because the Sunset is Red

The Black Keys - Dropout Boogie
I liked this. They're not really a group that's in my rotation but that might change. Definitely worth checking out.
Added to rotation:
Wild Child
It Ain't Over
Good Love
How Long
Burn the Damn Thing Down

Leikeli47 - Shape Up
This was pretty good. Not sure if it will hold up on repeat listens but I liked it on first listen. A bit different than what I'm usually into.
Added to rotation:
Secret Service
LL Cool J
Baseball
Hold My Hand
Instant Classic (Bonus Track)

ElCamino - Let There Be Light
This was solid but not great. I think the production was a slight highlight. If you're already a fan then you would like it.
Added to rotation:
Blind Love

DJ Muggs & CRIMEAPPLE - Cartagena
Mostly a miss. I like Crimeapple but he doesn't have a lot of replay value for me. The production wasn't bad but nothing special ethier.
Added to rotation:
Mermaids