Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat's real is the insidious tactic he used to lay out the scenario
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13459795&mesg_id=13459930
13459930, What's real is the insidious tactic he used to lay out the scenario
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri May-06-22 06:52 PM
>https://community.babycenter.com/post/a42758002/ot-my_friends_daughter_lied_about_molestation_by_step-father...

Here's the problem, and it's highly indicative of his general tact:

He picks a serious, extreme situation as his hypothetical.

In this case, it's one that any sane, reasonable, loving parent would look at, and side with their child.

Then, he follows up with the notion that SHE- the mother- is the one responsible for breaking up the family, because in this hypothetical, she would have serious questions for him, painting her as the at fault party for not placing her man above her child- because he believes the man should be above her child.

Never mind all the context in between, this is just another Black woman who destroyed her family.

Note that he doesn't frame it as, whoa, honest accident here, I had my headphones in, didn't realize she was in the shower, i shut the door right away, I feel bad that your daughter feels unsafe/uncomfortable, etc.

NONE of that exists in this clip.

Instead, he sets it up as a scenario where they have two mutual children, and now she- the mother- is the one breaking up their family because she doesn't support her man.

So yeah, if you can look at all that shit and just be like, "yeah but false allegations exist!", I don't know. I don't want to assume you're a KS fan boy or what have you, but you have to skip over a LOT of context to get to that point.

False allegations exist, it sucks that good, well meaning men can wind up fucked over in the process, but it's precisely because so many real assaults, not mere allegations, actually happen, that it's even possible for false allegations to hold that sort of weight.

To say nothing of real reports of real assaults that fall on deaf ears. And now, we're off in the weeds on another subject, which, to be honest, feels like the point.

The fact is, he picked not just an odd choice of scenario, he also picked one any reasonable mother would absolutely make the choice that's in the best interest of the safety and security of their child.