Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou do realize the first part of my post says those things, right?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13459795&mesg_id=13459924
13459924, You do realize the first part of my post says those things, right?
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri May-06-22 06:18 PM
>It was “out of shape women need to lose weight” “women
>need to be realistic”

That sounds exactly like this:

"He gives men and women both a reality check, much of which is
probably needed. He does it in a harsh way, hiding behind
“just telling it like it is” rhetoric in the process"

>“are you around the men you want to
>attract? No”

If anyone is mad about that, then you're either grossly oversimplifying this part or they're buggin. Proximity (up to and including being on the same apps if that's how you're doing it) is step one.

>The criticism never really got as deep as you took it

"as deep as I took it"

After the first two-three lines, I spoke about what I think makes him problematic, not picking apart specific criticisms other people have.

So where do I speak on criticism that wasn't as deep as I took it?

it was
>largely based in the feigned idea of him bashing black women
>when he was really just telling men and women alike to be
>realistic with yourselves.

Yeah, I know that's the chief critique of him- and I made an entire post about it lower in this thread, and I don't think that's where the criticism *should* lie. People are just looking at the surface level of what he does- and that's what you're doing.

Also, it's absolutely NOT feigned. I pointed out specific things he does that objectively demonstrate that he's absolutely bashing Black woman.

>All that other stuff is what you
>make of it

It's absolutely NOT "what you make of it". His emotional/psychological manipulation tactics are crystal clear.

buat was not the genesis of the discourse
>around him

I never said it was.

>Ultimately he just wanted men and women to be better and be
>honest with themselves on where they stood in life.

Yeah, no objective view of him comes anywhere close to that.

Fan boys who dig his toxic bullshit lap it up, and pretend that he just wants people to step their game up, but the way he consistently engages Black women in particular CLEARLY demonstrates that there's a lot more to it. He absolutely has to dominate those conversation, excercises minimal, if any compassion, presents consistently rigid views of what the power dynamics should be, always in a way that disproportionately favors the male in the relationship, and that's just for starters.

And only
>one side looked at that and said damn maybe he does have a
>point

No, only one side looked at *only* that, and conveniently ignored everything else.