Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSorry, but......SEMANTLE :)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13459757
13459757, Sorry, but......SEMANTLE :)
Posted by Damali, Thu May-05-22 01:22 PM
https://semantle.com/

it took me 155 guesses to get it.

d

I don't speak to provoke. I speak because I think our time is short and each moment that we are not our truest selves, and we say what we do not mean because we imagine that is what somebody wants us to say, is wasting our time on this Earth - C. Adichie
13459766, took me 20 guesses.
Posted by PROMO, Thu May-05-22 03:41 PM
13459832, ok how? than hell was your first word?
Posted by Damali, Fri May-06-22 10:01 AM
in fact, post whole list, please

d

I don't speak to provoke. I speak because I think our time is short and each moment that we are not our truest selves, and we say what we do not mean because we imagine that is what somebody wants us to say, is wasting our time on this Earth - C. Adichie
13459838, well i was just thinking maybe it was based on current events...
Posted by PROMO, Fri May-06-22 10:09 AM
so first 10 guesses i was off in the woods but then about guess 12 i started getting warm and got up to "senator". the answer was "legislator" so it wasn't a huge jump from "senator" to that.

now, that being said, please see Post #5.
13459767, yeah i dont know about this one
Posted by mista k5, Thu May-05-22 03:48 PM
ill probably give it another try but oof

i did 5 hints, my closest guess was 996/1000 and still had no clue. i gave up after 44 guesses and i do see how i was close but before i started using hints my closest guess was a similarity of 21.53. first two hints were useless lol the third one is what got me going in the right direction.

this is like password but not fun lol

i dont see myself doing more than 50 guesses
13459798, I started out blazing hot then got colder and colder.
Posted by Monkey Genius, Thu May-05-22 10:39 PM
13459834, yeah, i got lucky the first time. 2nd time? fuck this. won't play again.
Posted by PROMO, Fri May-06-22 10:05 AM
13459843, lol noooooooo come on. stretch your brain
Posted by Damali, Fri May-06-22 10:48 AM
you're literally expanding your lateral thinking

meanwhile, i'm on guess 81 and i have 801/1000 so i'm getting close!

d

13459850, full disclosure: i "cheated" today.
Posted by PROMO, Fri May-06-22 11:09 AM
what i mean, is:

i was 50 some guesses in, getting nowhere, so i was like "let's do the hint"

well, the first hint was the 1/1000 word which helped NONE. so i was like, "can you do more than one hint?"

turns out you can. so i kept hinting until until it got me up to the like the 867/1000 word.

here's the thing - the hint words were words i don't think i've ever used in my life.

so finally i was like "well, if these are words i don't even use, how will i ever guess the answer."

so then i just quit to see the answer, lol. and of course the answer is a much more "normal" word than those hints.

good luck.
13459860, yeah today's was weird
Posted by mista k5, Fri May-06-22 11:54 AM
the closest guesses i got before hints were police, snitch and victim, nothing to do with the word lol

the first hint i got does have a connection to the secret word but any guesses i tried after were no help and it took like 5 more hints before it started pointed more in the right direction. i still had to give up to get to it.
13459862, i got to 999/1000, then asked for a hint. it gave me 998 LOL
Posted by Damali, Fri May-06-22 11:59 AM
so now i'm seriously stuck after looking up every synonym i can think of

i may give up if i get to 200 guesses lol

d

13459864, wow, do you have a strategy?
Posted by mista k5, Fri May-06-22 12:08 PM
i feel like this is just not for me or i just dont know how to go about solving it. im probably just being too impatient.

13459872, this is only my 2nd day playing so no strategy yet
Posted by Damali, Fri May-06-22 12:44 PM
however, it feels like part of speech matters

i cant help but start with nouns, then i'll jump around in subsequent guesses to verbs, adjectives and adverbs until i get out of 'cold'

but because our brains get stuck on synonyms instead of meaning, that's what makes this hard...

and i love it. all the 'wordle' games don't feel challenging enough..i want to lose more than i win

so this one is for me

d

13459858, do you use any hints?
Posted by mista k5, Fri May-06-22 11:51 AM
it seems i cant get over a similarity of 25 without hints.

i might give it another try lol
13459865, this was the dumbest thing ive ever spent 15 minutes on.
Posted by Cenario, Fri May-06-22 12:26 PM
I see no relation to the word even though i guessed the like the 300, 600 and 700th closest word. The hints ain't help.

I got the answer and was like wtf. I then put in the 1st word i thought of that i thought would be close to the answer and that shit was 'cold'

Bye.
13459870, looking through the nearest words there is definitely something off
Posted by mista k5, Fri May-06-22 12:36 PM
there are many words that are similar but some that are just weird and dont make sense to be considered close to the word.
13459871, LOL
Posted by Damali, Fri May-06-22 12:40 PM

13459876, lol i usually like challenges like this but i had to tap out around guess 100
Posted by Cenario, Fri May-06-22 01:05 PM
13459878, its ok. try tomorrow :)
Posted by Damali, Fri May-06-22 01:18 PM

13459905, naaaaaahh
Posted by Cenario, Fri May-06-22 03:05 PM
13460214, i'm getting better at this!! 88 tries this time
Posted by Damali, Wed May-11-22 01:59 PM
one strategy i have is trying multiple iterations of the same word...especially if its a verb

so i'll try

liked

or
satisfy
sstisfying
satisfaction
satisfied

etc etc

d
13460218, Don't kno if I got lucky
Posted by SeV, Wed May-11-22 02:43 PM

I solved Semantle #102 in 7 guesses with 7 hints. My first guess had a similarity of 24.70 (1/1000). My penultimate guess had a similarity of 2.65. https://semantle.com/

DALLAS LAKERICKS LETS GO!!
13460357, yeah the hints definitely make it way easier
Posted by Damali, Fri May-13-22 11:15 AM
they usually tell you the words closest to the secret word in descending order

but yes, that was an excellent first guess.

luck would be getting it in 7 tries with no hints tho.

d