Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHuh?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13459323&mesg_id=13459453
13459453, Huh?
Posted by Stadiq, Tue May-03-22 01:27 PM

This was the only response I didn't expect, man.

The usual suspects came by to throw insults because I dared ask that Democrats at least try to use their power- I expected the replies from the usual cast.

I didn't expect it from you though. Especially like this.

why am I daft to point out Democrats have done nothing to address these issues in the past year or so?

Is it the Manchin Sinema thing? They are democrats, are they not? They are supported by the party, correct? Sinema was recently recruited for this, no?

Joe and Chuck have had plenty of time to get them on board. Why is the GOP a united front, but we can't expect Dems to be?

Why can't I criticize a party for not delivering or using their power? Especially when that party screamed "most important election of your lifetime" for the nth time.

So I'm daft for thinking they could have at least tried some stuff?

Or am I daft for expecting Democrats to start fighting back? To stop bringing consultants to a gun fight?

"If democrats are too bold, they lose" is something other bootlickers around here have said. Is this the kind of thinking you are referring to?

We wouldn't want Democrats to lose of course then something like Roe might be overtur...oh wait.

The typical Democrat Defenders are going to put this all on 2016. My point on it being irrelevant is that it is in the past.

We could also talk about Dems not codifying Roe in 2009.

Or hell not fighting more in 00.

But Dems are in power right now. And this half assed, pretend everything is normal usual Democrat bullshit is going to hand shit right back to the fascists and it will be so much worse.

There will be a smarter GOP candidate in 24. They will be emboldened. They will control elections across the states. They will control the media. They will control education. Etc.

Asking Democrats to at least try to prevent that is not daft. Asking them to act with the same urgency they displayed to get elected is not daft.

If you disagree on points fine but just dismissing me as daft is some bullshit, especially since I thought we've only had good interactions before. Maybe I'm forgetting something.

I'll say this though, I can't understand how everyone isn't tired of this.

GOP does evil shit

Dems point out all the evil, actually win back power

Dems do very little to actually address the issues. Anyone who points that out is yelled down about how much worse the GOP is.

Nothing really changes, allowing the GOP to do even more evil shit when they get power back.

We know the GOP is evil. We all know. How we all haven't seen that Dems clearly aren't going to do shit about it is beyond me.