Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRepublican Voter turn out being higher isn't shocking
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13459323&mesg_id=13459370
13459370, Republican Voter turn out being higher isn't shocking
Posted by Adwhizz, Tue May-03-22 09:38 AM
since nobody is actively attempting to disenfranchise/gerrymander Republican Voters.

The other end of that equation is that the candidates elected by those Republican voters go out and actively work to do the things their voters want (as long as it's not something that will cost their donors money). This entire time they've been finding ways to chip away at reproductive rights and other regressive policies at local/state/federal levels. They actually use that power to accomplish shit.

Even if they did nothing else, Democrats should be actively/loudly working to ensure the right to vote of their base if they want to maintain power. That's just terrible strategy.

The Obama Administration not replacing Scalia was terrible strategy

RBG not stepping down while Obama was in office was bad strategy.

I've voted straight democrat up and down the ballot in every election since I've been old enough to vote and plan on continuing to do so, but I honestly couldn't tell you what the long term goals/strategies of our elected leaders are other than continuing to make money.

You think if there were 2 Republican members of congress blocking Trump's agenda him and his supporters wouldn't be on TV constantly calling for their blood?

Do you know how easy it SHOULD be to make the Republican Party look like a toxic choice, especially after a failed coup attempt?

If you're constantly getting out worked/out smarted/out messaged by your opposition, you're either terrible at your job or complicit.