Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecthow is it crazy?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13458854&mesg_id=13458979
13458979, how is it crazy?
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Apr-27-22 05:29 PM
>"Biden ran on this and these moderate dems are not getting my
>vote if they can't keep campaign promises etc."
>
>I've heard it verbatim
>
>The timing is absolutely suspect but as you know, people's
>memories are ridiculously short
>
>Given how poorly Biden is polling (which is crazy to me) they
>need a kick in the ass

First, the country is completely fucked in general and never been this partisan. Anyone's ceiling after a honeymoon phase is probably 45-47% tops these days. Tops.

Second, the Biden admin has not done well on basically anything. Voting rights, abortion, immigration, COVID, climate change, inflation, etc. Etc etc.

Dems (rightfully) made a case of how terrible the Trump admin was, culminating with 1-6 being (rightfully) called a terrorist attack.

Then proceeded to...*checks notes*....respond by having Lin Manuel kick some rhymes.

Nah.

Literally every major thing Democrats said was awful under Trump is STILL HAPPENING.

You can't do that cycle after cycle.

They haven't succeeded on any of the major challenges that were placed in front of them. Challenges they themselves sold as important not even 2 years ago.

Not only are they giant hypocrites, but

If you care about any of the stuff I listed, you're probably disappointed.

If you are moderate or whatever, you are pissed that something like BBB was even considered.

In trying to half step everything to not piss off their donors....but keep the progressives engaged, etc...they have managed to piss everyone off.

Infrastructure isn't going to have an impact beyond the contractors for years. There is a reason some GOP were on board.

The approval numbers are not all that surprising to me and shouldn't be to anyone when you are honest about this situation.

>can't afford a red wave right now

The red wave is coming. Its done man.