Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthe word help is doing a lot here
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13457624&mesg_id=13458162
13458162, the word help is doing a lot here
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Apr-14-22 06:10 PM
Sure, the very, very few wins the Biden admin/Dems have had aren't fully appreciated by some...which can also ultimately be on the admin for having no sales person of course.

The admin has done little to nothing to address attacks on democracy, COVID, climate change, voting rights, a stolen supreme court, immigration, abortion rights, etc.

For months told us all inflation was in our heads (lol) and still no plan to address it...except I guess extend the waver for high-ethanol gas which angered a lot of vote-blue-no-matter-who types just a couple years ago when Trump tried it. And L O L at thinking it will even help.

About to pretend that COVID cases aren't ticking back up.

Had to be fucking dragged to extend student loan payments.

Withdrew from Afg before solidifying some domestic wins (his approval has been shit since)

Fell flat on their face on BBB and managed to piss off all sides of that argument. Progressives upset it didn't pass...moderates pissed it was even considered. Straight punched themselves in the face with nothing to even show for it. Amateur hour.

Thats just off the top. On top of that, just not good at selling his few wins.

This was a huge moment of course, but most people realize it is not like Dems gained a seat.

Its still 6-3. Hard to get *too* excited when this will NOT change the outcome.

Biden's approval isn't low because the left can decide what is a win.

It isn't low because of "fake news" errr I mean the media.

Or any other bullshit reason that excuses the Admin/Dems from accountability.

It is low because quite a bit of shit that was horrific/terrible/etc under Trump is still happening under Joe but a lot of folks want to pretend that isn't the case.

Dems are about to get slaughtered and the fucking consultants and donors and apologists are lining up to blame the "left" boogie man and it is insanely wrong and I am at a loss at how anyone with sense can fall for it.

Do a shitty job, get a shitty approval rating.