Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectremember when the wildest shit ever could just be said?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13456156
13456156, remember when the wildest shit ever could just be said?
Posted by PG, Wed Mar-23-22 01:22 AM
fucking internet died didn't it? fuck this weak ass post 2010 shit... maybe I'm just old but.. i'm not sure I'm wrong.
13456159, The internet was new... we didn't know many ppl believe the wild shit they say
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Wed Mar-23-22 08:11 AM
Now, you say something wild, you're going to get treated like you 100% believe it unless you're known for being on joke time.
13456276, yeah cause let's face it people in the world have shown as much
Posted by PG, Thu Mar-24-22 03:43 PM
that there is just nothing too absurd for somebody somewhere to buy it and actually be about it.... so ridiculous.
13456162, not sure which internet you're referring to cuz wild shit is still said
Posted by Damali, Wed Mar-23-22 09:14 AM
people never stopped saying wild shit, all over the internet. I see it every day.

are you referring to the fact that more people are being held ACCOUNTABLE for the wild shit they say about those that have less power than them?

cuz if that's the post you're making, let me know.

otherwise, you sound like privileged white dude complaining literally about nothing.

d

I don't speak to provoke. I speak because I think our time is short and each moment that we are not our truest selves, and we say what we do not mean because we imagine that is what somebody wants us to say, is wasting our time on this Earth - C. Adichie
13456174, no you're entirely right
Posted by PG, Wed Mar-23-22 11:00 AM
all of it.. wild shit is still said.. more folks are being held accountable...It's a good thing... I didn't mean to be that guy. I'm hurting right now and I was just drunk musing over the fun we've all had in the past... ouch.
13456188, LOL
Posted by Brew, Wed Mar-23-22 01:11 PM
(Laughing at the juxtaposition of your first post and this one, not at you, to be clear).

Hope whatever you're going thru isn't too serious.
13456271, all good brew...
Posted by PG, Thu Mar-24-22 03:32 PM
I'm gemini I'll do it just like that sometimes. 90 degrees if not 180.
13456332, LOL I get it.
Posted by Brew, Fri Mar-25-22 09:50 AM
13456191, so sorry for what you're going thru. ((((hugz))))
Posted by Damali, Wed Mar-23-22 02:05 PM

I don't speak to provoke. I speak because I think our time is short and each moment that we are not our truest selves, and we say what we do not mean because we imagine that is what somebody wants us to say, is wasting our time on this Earth - C. Adichie
13456269, yeah that's what I need! thank you.
Posted by PG, Thu Mar-24-22 03:27 PM
both for checkin me and for checkin in on me!
13456167, 00s decade wild Wild West internet >>>
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Mar-23-22 10:00 AM
13456272, team Kool Moe Dee
Posted by PG, Thu Mar-24-22 03:34 PM
LL lost

one of my largely unpopular opinions that is anything but widely shared.
13456304, I will tell my grandkids lol
Posted by Amritsar, Fri Mar-25-22 03:30 AM
13456169, we have a mod who claims other people say wild shit..
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Mar-23-22 10:25 AM
but he is actually the one who types it out..

basically an arsonist who runs around with a fire extinguisher trying.

Ole Fire Marshall Bill headed ass dude..lol

13456190, and yet you're still here so....
Posted by Damali, Wed Mar-23-22 02:04 PM

13456194, weirdly enough, I don't think he's a bad mod
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Mar-23-22 02:18 PM
as trollish and combative as dude is, i don't really see him abusing his 'ok' powerz

its funny glancing a the boards list and seeing all the moderators who don't post here anymore
13456197, that nigga can’t do shit since he post the way he does
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Mar-23-22 02:59 PM
it would take hypocrisy to a whole notha level
13456270, lol... nobody has to feed him.. I'm of two minds on this point
Posted by PG, Thu Mar-24-22 03:30 PM
I get it but it's also usually just water off my back and never really seams as serious as all that... but I get it...
13456199, Yes.
Posted by flipnile, Wed Mar-23-22 03:09 PM
>fucking internet died didn't it?

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2021/08/dead-internet-theory-wrong-but-feels-true/619937/

Social media gotta be at least 50% bots/scripts at this point. Search engines all bring back the same 20-30 results.

This ain't exactly what you were posting about, but I'm posting it anyway, lol.
13456200, Great piece. This line made me lol.
Posted by Brew, Wed Mar-23-22 03:24 PM
"I just don’t understand why everyone is so invested in making me look at the moon all the time? Leave me alone about the moon!"
13456278, it is... had me asking "why not? you some kind of bot?" @ this line
Posted by PG, Thu Mar-24-22 03:57 PM
"The site is largely for discussing lo-fi hip-hop, which I don’t listen to,"
13456209, there's a false pretense of "maturity" thats just fear of being exiled/fired.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Wed Mar-23-22 05:16 PM
People didn't suddenly become nicer overnight, they just realize who the new safe targets are and focus their ire there.

For every alabamapower there was a firebrand or SoWhat. Now everyone's SoWhat but way less likable.
13456275, yeah... well put... feign maturity.
Posted by PG, Thu Mar-24-22 03:41 PM
13456213, People still say wild stuff and get protected.
Posted by Kira, Wed Mar-23-22 08:12 PM
You can get away with anything as long as you don't diss white women, feminists, jewish people, the lgbt+ community, white men, and Trump.

Absent those communities everyone is recorded and monitored legally because they gave up privacy rights. It's lurkers on here that have tried to sabotage me but that's another story for another time.
13456274, yeah see I'm not sure I even meant that type of thing
Posted by PG, Thu Mar-24-22 03:39 PM
but I guess on some level I did and it all would certainly fall into the category. more just about the types of crazy personal stuff folks might share because of their sense of anonymity.. but yeah I would have to acknowledge the bullying and the un PC nature of a lot of the shit that came hand in hand with that anonymity.

but even beyond that I miss the community... nothing I've encountered since has really impacted me online in that way since this place in it's heyday.
13456279, well some things just shouldnt be said
Posted by mista k5, Thu Mar-24-22 04:01 PM
example:

"Had to spike the drugs down, heard the cops comin'
Dak Prescott on the fourth down with the clock runnin'
It's game over"

yeah, no thanks Sy Ari Da Kid

sincerely, a sad cowboys fan.
13456280, lol hey fam
Posted by PG, Thu Mar-24-22 04:05 PM
i swear life has been really rough lately and more than once I've thought at least if the Bengals had won I could make myself smile for a moment.

I need some real wins though. something real close and personal to smile over. heck even something to do with work would do. ah well... seeing all you up in here does something for me. *smile*
13456281, i sometimes wonder whats worse
Posted by mista k5, Thu Mar-24-22 04:16 PM
your team not making it to the SB or making it and losing. i think losing in the SB must suck a lot BUT after a while you at least get to say they made it there. you at least had the joy of them making it to the SB.

you gotta hold on to whatever brings you some joy. hows poker going?

i played with some friends a few weeks ago. it went well but man i left some money on the table. i had a good 5/6 hand run where all i could do is win. then i thought i should chill when i started bluffing on some trash hands. i basically took myself out of the game only playing when i was big blind and there was no raise. i finally decided to make a push again and put some money in to make sure i wasnt being bluffed out, lost those chips and right after they say hey lets call it a night. couldnt you had called it a night before that hand??? lol i think before that hand i would have doubled my winnings.

all in all it was fun to play and it doesnt hurt to come out with more money than you went in with.

last week i was going to go to a poker event at this work convention but we had a dinner planned with a vendor and that ran right until the poker event finished. left me wanting to play. ah well.

i hope you catch some breaks.
13456282, not making it imo
Posted by PG, Thu Mar-24-22 04:37 PM
unless maybe if you blow it like the Falcons did.. that might be worse.

I'm taking a break from poker was running bad playing terrible and not even really trying for a bit.. I need a break and to refocus. Ima pick it up again in a month or two and not be lazy about it.

glad to hear you've been playing and enjoying it. one day maybe we can pass our money back and forth over a few hands together.
13456284, they said we might play monthly
Posted by mista k5, Thu Mar-24-22 04:50 PM
that sounds pretty good.

it would be fun to have a little game with everyone that participated in your old posts.
13456305, Wild time. But I appreciated the anonymity
Posted by Amritsar, Fri Mar-25-22 03:33 AM
That feeling already does feel like a relic of history. We will feel it even more so as we age into this VR nonsense.

Yes that anonymity was also abused too of course. And there is something to be said for being able to hold people accountable

13456865, Kids are still saying wild shit. We just older with more to lose.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Mar-29-22 11:45 AM
Like I see the kids say stuff on twitter and I really want to tell them don't be so wreckless, that shit will come back to hunt them. I especially see it with people starting their legal careers.
But then I am just someone's old ass uncle trying to drop advice.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13456871, I have young cousins complaining about not finding a job
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Mar-29-22 12:07 PM
while posting videos of various weed nuggets on FB.