Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWe've definitely been through this. Only advice I can share is that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13455924&mesg_id=13455927
13455927, We've definitely been through this. Only advice I can share is that
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Mar-18-22 07:57 AM
it comes and goes in waves. Especially when they are young.

You're on the right track in encouraging alone time. I would extend that to times when you are NOT there - go out for a walk or run some errands while she is with your wife so they can truly be alone. She may seek you out and start crying, but that won't last long. And even time spend while she is crying can create a bond - whether from the soothing during the cry or from the after cry nap time cuddles. Every bit of that alone time adds up!

Edit - another thing I learned is that when there's a phase of you being the "favored" parent, try to have self awareness about it and not jump in to "rescue" the baby while your wife has her and she is crying. Also try not to give suggestions as if your wife is doing something wrong like "her bottle isn't warm enough" "she likes your to walk with her when she cries like that" "her diaper is uncomfortable", because that can add to the feeling your wife has of not being as close to the baby as you.