Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti felt he was still grappling with it and it was still painful.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13452903&mesg_id=13466899
13466899, i felt he was still grappling with it and it was still painful.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Aug-20-22 04:22 PM
you could tell during some really emotional responses he had to recounting parts of the story.

and its understandable because basically the whole country was against him in some way...either believing he was an idiot for getting catfished or an active accomplice...except the people that were close to him and that one chick at the draft going crazy when he got picked lol.

salute to him for being grounded in his genuine faith and not becoming bitter, anti-media, etc and not letting it change what type of person *he* is.

as far as ronaiah...ive seen the doc getting a bit of heat for i guess normalizing/platforming the villain. but i dont think it was their job to take/paint sides. if that were the case...the entire true crime genre would evaporate since you couldnt explore the views/motives of thieves, serial killers, etc.

their job was to give as much detail about the story as possible. and they did a great job of exposing the type of pathology and the inner workings of a person that led them to be dedicated to such an elaborate scheme to remain connected to someone they 'loved'. and yeah...i did have sympathy for him/her.

very well done. its been a good while since ive watched a truly compelling doc on netflix.