Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMalcolm In The Middle is my standard reccomendation
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13452903&mesg_id=13464336
13464336, Malcolm In The Middle is my standard reccomendation
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-13-22 06:15 PM
I’m in the minority in that I think all 7 seasons are absolutely worth watching.

There’s an overall dip in quality, to be sure, but IMO it’s nowhere near as steep as most tend to argue, and some of the best bits come in those later seasons.

But those S3-4 eps, particularly where Malcolm’s teacher is his nemesis, are fucking gold

The first few seasons of Francis stories are worthwhile on their own.

I really can’t say enough about the greatness of this show. IMO it’s the GOAT of the family dysfunction genre. It’s a bit of a treat when you view Bryan Cranston’s Hal as either a pre or post BB Walter White.

If you’ve wver watched Rick & Morty, Jerry is like a version of Hal.
Hal also plays similar notes to Daria’s dad, from Daria. He’s like the anti-Homer/Al/Peter

In one scene, one of the boys challenges dad to a fight. Dad says, ok, but if ny back goes out beating you up again, I’m gonna kick the crap out of you!

And Jane Kazmark’s Lois is an all-timer. She’s both the perfect villain and comic foil to the rest of the family. This could have easily been marketed as her show with no lies told.