Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat else are we watching in 2022
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13452903
13452903, What else are we watching in 2022
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Feb-01-22 11:24 AM
that other post is mad long.

wondering if the mods can make this official.

If not its cool

Finished Yellow jackets and Ozark.

Meed to find some more blackness on the screen.

Can’t wait for Snowfall and ATL even though I know Snowfall is headed in the wrong direction without John Singletary.
13452908, Watching Westworld and Station Eleven right now
Posted by mista k5, Tue Feb-01-22 12:20 PM
I'm into the second season of Westworld and I'm not too eager to keep watching it.

I'm loving Station Eleven. I hesitated watching it for a while but I think it's really good. I think I watched episode 7 last night.

Not sure what else to watch on HBO Max, just renewed another month. I think I'm going to cancel it and get Netflix next month.
13453044, Season 2 Westworld is watchable.
Posted by Triptych, Thu Feb-03-22 03:43 PM
The story starts to go off the rails, but the production value is so good I still enjoyed it.

Season 3 was trash - super complicated and not worth the effort IMO
13453051, I might just tap out
Posted by mista k5, Thu Feb-03-22 04:06 PM
There was enough that was interesting to keep watching season 1 but from the jump I felt like it wasn't something I really cared about.

I managed to watch all of Veep and I never enjoyed it so who knows.
13465945, I am rewatching 3 now so I can get to 4. Felt the same way about
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Aug-05-22 05:17 PM
season three as you did the first time around.
13474754, I jumped back in for season 2 and found it better
Posted by mista k5, Tue Dec-13-22 10:55 AM
the story did start getting weird but definitely watchable. i think i have two episodes left. i think ill pop back in and out when i have nothing else to watch.
13452910, watching nightmare alley and old episodes of martin on hbo max.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Feb-01-22 12:40 PM
13452914, I watch Martin and Jamie Foxx Show on the regular on HBOmax
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Feb-01-22 01:13 PM
13456438, Nightmare Alley was good!
Posted by SuiteLady, Sun Mar-27-22 04:36 PM
13452911, Top Boy season 4 announced for March 18
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Feb-01-22 12:46 PM
and with Atlanta coming back on March 24th

I got some things to look forward to.
13452927, skeng season is back :O
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Feb-01-22 03:28 PM
Man it feels like ages since the last Top Boy
13452912, Colin in Black & White
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue Feb-01-22 12:56 PM
Cute! I usually avoid coming of age stuff but this is good.
13452913, The Sex Lives of College Girls is 8/10 - 9/10
Posted by double negative, Tue Feb-01-22 01:01 PM
the it took us forever to get through the debut episode because we had to keep pausing it to laugh, then rewinding the scene to laugh at it again.

Kimberly has some big ol' giant yamsayin's - me and wife kept saying "goddamn" as the season went on.
13452916, Servant, Ted Lasso & Station Eleven
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Feb-01-22 01:35 PM
Servant is great....
Ted Lasso is good too..
Station Eleven is excellent.

Gonna wear this 4-month free Apple TV+ trial out!
13452919, 1883 and Dope Sick
Posted by KnowOne, Tue Feb-01-22 02:04 PM
Both are incredible so far....
13461597, Yeah Dope Sick was incredible.
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue May-31-22 09:30 AM
13452920, Just finished Ozark and #pen15.
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Feb-01-22 02:08 PM
13452924, Watched Superstore from beginning to end…6 seasons…
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Feb-01-22 02:56 PM
was having mad withdrawals. Someone I know recommended New Girl and I’ve been watching that, for the last week. I’m gonna get on Ozark, when I’m done.
13452925, Into the Night (Netflix); Servant (AppleTV); For All Mankind (AppleTV)
Posted by Airbreed, Tue Feb-01-22 03:25 PM
A post-apocalyptic show about a group of airline passengers trying to escape the sun by flying ahead of the sunrise. Otherwise, they'll end up being burned alive. A weird concept. But S1 had me locked in. S2 is much slower and some of the characters are beginning to annoy me. Netflix also ordered a lower amount of eps this time. Two more eps to go and i'll be able to move on to S4 of Ozark.

Also watching M. Night Shyamalan's, Servant on AppleTV (spooky show about a couple's support baby doll coming to life), and Ronald Moore's, For All Mankind (an alternate timeline of the US/Russian space race) on Apple TV.

13452926, Too much. I can't keep up right now
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Feb-01-22 03:28 PM
I'm on Yellowstone S4, and I want to hit 1883 after that
I just (background) rewatched Ozark S3 in prep for S4.
Now watching Ozark S4
Power Book of Ghost
Righteous Gemstones
Book of Boba Fett
Euphoria

GOMORRAH S5 just dropped on HBO which is entirely my shit that i might have to drop everything to watch.

Then coming up got Snowfall, Atlanta, That Lakers series on HBO, That Tommy series following Power Book of Ghost, Top Boy is coming back..

and who knows whatever else will come up. There's not enough time lol
13468425, I have tried to watch Euphoria several times and just don't like it.
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Sep-12-22 09:57 AM
13452928, Raised By Wolves, Cloak and Dagger, Single Drunk Female
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Feb-01-22 03:38 PM
One of the homies has been trying to get me to watch Raised By Wolves for a few weeks, just started it last night. Not sure what I think yet.

Started Cloak and Dagger a few weeks ago, was moving at a good pace, then got to a few episodes that really dragged and killed my momentum. Will try to slog through to finish the season.

Watched the first few episodes of Single Drunk Female over the weekend with a friend. It was surprisingly pretty good. I'm gonna keep going with that one.

I also finally finished the first season of The Expanse back in December... such a fucking chore to get through that. Took months and the only thing that kept me going was that people kept saying it gets really good. No, not really. I'm not sure I've got another season of that in me.
13458326, RBW is dope. I wasn’t expecting a study of religion and blind/zealous belief
Posted by nativesun07, Tue Apr-19-22 12:53 PM
13453046, Anyone watch old shit? I'm running through The West Wing again
Posted by Triptych, Thu Feb-03-22 03:44 PM
2nd time during the pandemic - I'll just have it on in the background.

Love having shows on that I already know while I do other stuff - just the right level of distraction.
13453048, Yep, I do this mostly with The Office…
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Feb-03-22 03:49 PM
but also Parks and Rec, King of Queens and Scrubs. To your original comment, I’m going to hop back on West Wing, spurred on by a podcast about Parks and Rec that I listen to, with Rob Lowe and Alan Yang.
13453049, I look forward to King of Queens like its new
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Feb-03-22 03:58 PM
Aurthur Spooner is hilarious.

Different World
Martin
The Wire
The Office

and its random. I dont watch them in order.

Its like russian roulette but with episodes
13453050, West Wing is a great comfort watch
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Feb-03-22 04:02 PM
13453253, The Powerverse
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Feb-07-22 12:51 PM
Finale of Book of Ghost was last night. It's hilarious how everyone on the show is betraying everyone. Really ridiculous. Really fun.

The Tommy joint. Force" started last night, and it's exactly what I expected. Safe to say your opinion on the show will absolutely rest on how you felt about Tommy on Power. Good times.
13453296, Mayor of Kingstown is the sh*t.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Feb-08-22 09:44 AM
Jeremy Renner is a bad ass in it. Legit made me a fan of the actor.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13453708, Staying on my run of comedy shows that I never checked out….
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Feb-15-22 08:14 AM
binging from start to finish…Superstore (hilarious), New Girl (hilarious), Happy Endings (fucking hilarious). Started VEEP, this morning and I can already tell it’s right up my alley.
13454149, if you have Hulu, check out Better Off Ted
Posted by Ray_Snill, Mon Feb-21-22 10:28 PM
it's only 2 seasons of 13 episodes each but it's fricken brilliant

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif
13454233, bet that *adds to list*
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Feb-22-22 07:58 PM
13463543, Better Off Ted is SO good.
Posted by spades, Wed Jun-29-22 04:59 PM
You won't regret it.
13464337, I need Better Off Ted to get a revival
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-13-22 06:17 PM
I was geeked when I found it way back when it was on netflix, and I was baffled to learn it had been canceled after two seasons.

But it’s one of the most fun shows ever, and everyone hits it out of the park.
13467967, i quote from Better Off Ted to this day. brilliant shit. the ep w/ the sensors
Posted by poetx, Sun Sep-04-22 04:21 PM
(how the AI to control doors and lights and shit in the office wasn't tested on Black people) is one of the funniest episodes of tv i have EVER seen.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
13464336, Malcolm In The Middle is my standard reccomendation
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-13-22 06:15 PM
I’m in the minority in that I think all 7 seasons are absolutely worth watching.

There’s an overall dip in quality, to be sure, but IMO it’s nowhere near as steep as most tend to argue, and some of the best bits come in those later seasons.

But those S3-4 eps, particularly where Malcolm’s teacher is his nemesis, are fucking gold

The first few seasons of Francis stories are worthwhile on their own.

I really can’t say enough about the greatness of this show. IMO it’s the GOAT of the family dysfunction genre. It’s a bit of a treat when you view Bryan Cranston’s Hal as either a pre or post BB Walter White.

If you’ve wver watched Rick & Morty, Jerry is like a version of Hal.
Hal also plays similar notes to Daria’s dad, from Daria. He’s like the anti-Homer/Al/Peter

In one scene, one of the boys challenges dad to a fight. Dad says, ok, but if ny back goes out beating you up again, I’m gonna kick the crap out of you!

And Jane Kazmark’s Lois is an all-timer. She’s both the perfect villain and comic foil to the rest of the family. This could have easily been marketed as her show with no lies told.
13464433, "Did you just call my wife ... 'wide ride'?!!"
Posted by stravinskian, Thu Jul-14-22 12:50 PM

I still randomly remember that scene and that line, for no apparent reason other than that it was comedy perfection.

Yeah, Malcolm in the Middle was criminally ignored and way ahead of its time. I tried rewatching it a while ago but got distracted. Maybe I'll try again when Better Call Saul ends.
13467969, that was a great show. and i'm tripping now off your comparisons of the
Posted by poetx, Sun Sep-04-22 04:23 PM
dad. the Rick and Morty is spot on.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
13453715, New Fresh Prince of Bel Air has dark skint Aunt Biv!!! yeah boi!!!
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Feb-15-22 09:27 AM
watched the first episode. Will had a scholly to VCU. Awe man, he would’ve really blossomed
at VCU.

anyway.. I actually like this show way more than I expected.

They went dark skin with the Banks family. House is 2022 Bel
Air huge… I love it.

Since we all know the story its actually kinda cool the way they modernized it and made it “real” instead of straight comedy. I’m still laughing but there are a lot more “oh shits” and they actually curse on this show.

won’t spoil it but I’m a fan.

13457173, I doubt that I will return for season 2 of Bel Air, but I finished 1.
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Mar-31-22 08:27 PM
13454125, Power Book IV: Force
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Feb-21-22 03:51 PM
not sure if this qualified for the other post, even though it's the powerverse and Tommy has turned up his blaccent for this one.

I nearly tapped out of the first one but 3 in, it's the exact ridiculous fun i would have expected
13454152, Abbott Elementary, Grownish, Industry
Posted by snacks, Mon Feb-21-22 11:22 PM
Gonna get into Bel Air. My girl wants me to catch up on Ozark, but idk if I can do that and Snowfall at the same time
13454232, Love Is Blind s-2, Abbott Elementary, Raising Dion s-2
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Feb-22-22 07:52 PM
Love Is Blind is just crazy entertaining. Final episode of szn 2 drops this Friday.

Everybody already knows Abbott Elementary is the goods.

Raising Dion szn 2 is more after-school-special-ish than szn 1. Definitely made with the kids in mind. Good family tv.
13454640, Love is Blind is so much fun for me
Posted by shamus, Sat Feb-26-22 08:08 PM
I get so immersed with the couples. I'm going to try to watch Brazil and maybe Japan too lol.

13455025, I’m happy the Black couple made it. I was concerned she would bail on him
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Mar-03-22 11:44 AM
they seem perfect for each other.

The other couple that got married. Not sure they will last. She is touched and seems like she is going to make sure every convo ends in an argument.
13455120, just watched the Reunion and...
Posted by shamus, Fri Mar-04-22 08:21 PM
it's cool to see that both couples are still together. Hope they can all make it work.

Also, it blows my mind how much worse Shakes is with less editing and when given the chance to defend himself. Like, the producers made you look better than you were, not worse fool.
13455147, Omg the reunion...
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Mar-05-22 04:06 PM
>Also, it blows my mind how much worse Shakes is with less
>editing and when given the chance to defend himself. Like, the
>producers made you look better than you were, not worse fool.
>

Funny thing is I didn't understand why everyone was so annoyed at what Shake said about Shaina seemingly wanting to just continue on the show. Hell, I felt the same way. But then he started telling Sal's business after Sal said he wanted to keep it private, I got it. Shaina was just so full of shit in so many ways. Saying she felt manipulated by receivng the ring, getting defensive, etc. I felt like she deserved as much shit as Shake has gotten.
13455238, Awwwe damn. We totally forgot about the Reunion
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Mar-07-22 01:05 PM
I bet my wife is watching it right now.. shit!!!

13455145, Real talk
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Mar-05-22 03:57 PM
>The other couple that got married. Not sure they will last.
>She is touched and seems like she is going to make sure every
>convo ends in an argument.

I keep saying dude is out of his mind for saying "I do". He seems headed for a Will Smith revelation (I can't make you happy, only you can make you happy) but I hope for his sake that it works out differently.
13455239, He was sweating so much..
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Mar-07-22 01:08 PM
I know he wanted to tap out.

Not trying to be funny but we got the vibe he may play for both teams.

He may request a trade if she keeps that shit up.
13472105, Turns out it was something he ate...
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Oct-28-22 04:35 PM
I think he said it was something spicy, and he sweats profusely if he eats it.
Their "where are they now" party/reunion thing is up now.
13455144, It's just so damn addictive!
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Mar-05-22 03:53 PM
I feel you. I almost watched Brazil while waiting for the 2nd batch of episodes this season. This is, by far, my favorite dating show ever. Better than Love Connection lmao.
13458621, Was there ever a post about s1? I am just finishing s1.
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Apr-25-22 03:22 PM
If Carlton didn’t think his sexuality would be an issue why was it so agonizing for him to tell her? He was so defensive and disrespectful to Diamond. Her response to his defensive and disrespectful behavior was not ideal but I cannot fault her for it.

When I first started watching this I didn’t know they would end up being like a reality show cohort like all the other reality shows but I like it.

Most of these people are ridiculous and I have more to say besides what I said above but I am pretending to work. If I can find the original post about s1 I can browse that.
13461883, I'm not sure. Let's discuss it here!
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Jun-04-22 01:10 PM
>If Carlton didn’t think his sexuality would be an issue why
>was it so agonizing for him to tell her? He was so defensive
>and disrespectful to Diamond. Her response to his defensive
>and disrespectful behavior was not ideal but I cannot fault
>her for it.

I totally agree with this. Not only did he not make sense, but he totally misused the show, bc he should've been telling people about his sexuality in the pod, so that he would find someone who completely accepted him for him from the start. That's the whole point of a setup like this. I understand you saying her response wasn't ideal, but it's much better than ones I've seen. She was actually willing to talk and try to understand. It wasn't ideal because she wasn't well-versed, but I thought it was about the best response she could've had being who she was, if that makes sense. Carlton was just obnoxious in every way imaginable, and I thought the show runners had ulterior motives for even choosing him, because apparently he'd been on some other reality show before and is full of drama everywhere.
Did you watch all the reunions from S1 as well? Carlton gets even more ridiculous.

>When I first started watching this I didn’t know they would
>end up being like a reality show cohort like all the other
>reality shows but I like it.
>
>Most of these people are ridiculous and I have more to say
>besides what I said above but I am pretending to work. If I
>can find the original post about s1 I can browse that.

Lol, yeah it's a surprisingly good show, and yes, many of them are ridiculous and make terrible decisions. Young people living life in real time tho!

13466108, Dang! I wish I had seen your reply earlier.
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Aug-08-22 06:18 PM
Yep, I watched the reunion. Can’t remember much now but, Carlton was on The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Did you watch season 2?
13454234, The Tinder Swindler was some wild stuff
Posted by Oak27, Tue Feb-22-22 08:33 PM
13455010, maybe I could see the first 10K
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Mar-03-22 09:36 AM
but after that I was like..

“okay, this broad is thirsty af to live in a fairytale”

Champagne and a private jet is all it takes huh.

That shit was like heroin. She was chasing that high like a gotdamn basehead
13454294, Caught up on Yellowstone
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Feb-23-22 05:26 PM
season 4 was really all over the damn place, and I'm not sure i've seen a show that just weaved in its spinoffs into itself so randomly.

sloppy writing and all, I still enjoy this show a lot.

and I'm pretty much all (or at least mostly) in on the Sheridanverse
13466098, I’m on season 2. I can’t help but think of these men as a
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Aug-08-22 04:42 PM
bunch of murderous thugs. I am still watching it though… with a disgusted frown on my face.
13466450, It was watchable through season 3. Now I am fast-forwarding most
Posted by SuiteLady, Sun Aug-14-22 01:21 PM
episodes.
13466971, My favorite character’s storyline ends at four (I think) so…
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Aug-22-22 10:15 PM
… I don’t think I’m going back for five.
13454605, The Long Song and Small Island
Posted by luminous, Sat Feb-26-22 03:22 AM
Both British mini series made from books by a British author of Jamaican parents.

Long Song is on Amazon prime, leaving soon
Small Island is on Hoopla
13454954, Chappelle's Home Team - Earthquake: Legendary
Posted by infin8, Wed Mar-02-22 02:39 PM
dude been funny since comic view.

excellent.
13455154, thats my dude
Posted by Castro, Sat Mar-05-22 07:14 PM
13455117, nuCarlton down bad as hell.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Mar-04-22 03:08 PM
I’m surprised nobody in their fam can clock a drug problem talking about some damn anxiety.
13455150, Rear Window (1954, Hitchcock)
Posted by SuiteLady, Sat Mar-05-22 06:32 PM
Still a good movie.
13455153, Godzilla: Singular Point (Netflix)
Posted by Castro, Sat Mar-05-22 07:14 PM
13455202, Profiled: The Black Man (shout out to Tina Knowles)
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sun Mar-06-22 09:13 PM
Very well done.
13455236, Winning Time!!! This Lakers series on HBOMAX. Ep 1 was good
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Mar-07-22 01:03 PM
Gotdamn the old owner Cooke was a POS.

how could anyone go out to LA and experience all that and still want to go back to Michigan for another year?

13457175, I’m on episode 3. I will finish it but I don’t really like it.
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Mar-31-22 08:30 PM
13455244, JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass
Posted by Dstl1, Mon Mar-07-22 01:49 PM
Directed by Oliver Stone and narrated by Donald Sutherland and Whoopi Goldberg. This was really good. It goes back over things, now using the recently declassified documents that had been on lock, for so long. I knew a lot about this, as I've been borderline obsessed with it, since grade school. Holy shit, there's a lot of new stuff. The level of cover-up is nuts. I started a 7 day trial of Showtime, which I will absolutely be cancelling, to watch it. I think it might be on Amazon Prime, too.
13455554, Jayhawkers (2014)
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Mar-11-22 08:45 PM
I didn't even know Wilt went to KU. I like all the KU and KC references.
13455592, 1883
Posted by Mynoriti, Sun Mar-13-22 05:18 PM
on episode 4
shit's flames
13455606, Castle Rock on Hulu.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Mar-14-22 01:08 AM
First season was wild, but I can't tell where the 2nd season is going yet.
13455631, Netflix's Formula One: Drive To Survive
Posted by PROMO, Mon Mar-14-22 11:38 AM
Already binged all of Season 4 which came out on Friday.

If you're NOT watching this, fix your life.

I too, like you, cared absolutely 0% about Formula One before this show.
13455633, From on Epix
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Mar-14-22 11:44 AM
its actually pretty good so far.
13455645, Moonshiners on Discovery Channel lol
Posted by guru0509, Mon Mar-14-22 04:26 PM
I was cooking one day and watching youtube on the ipad and some clip popped up w some redneck explaining how they make moonshine in north carolina, kentucky, tennessee ,etc and it was fascinating

edit, there is also a pair of Black guys from Louisiana that make moonshine too

I know most of the "legal encounters" are staged/scripted..but the rest of the show is entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoM9EttB7OM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9MikrbEpvw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNeMIMduFrk

13455736, Upload season 2
Posted by luminous, Wed Mar-16-22 08:54 AM
13457176, Yes! Love this show.
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Mar-31-22 08:31 PM
13455922, The Adam Project (2022)
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Mar-17-22 11:14 PM
13455947, there's so much on right now and upcoming it's crazy
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Mar-18-22 10:52 AM
right now watching,

Winning Time
Snowfall
Top Boy (prevous season)
Power Book IV Force (this one is pretty bad)

Just finished up 1883 which was crazy good

upcoming in the next 6 weeks
Top Boy
Atlanta
Ozark
We Own This City (new David Simon series)
Tokyo Vice (new Michael Mann series)
Mayans (yea i still watch this stupid show)
AND...
Better Call Saul

and most likely forgetting some stuff.
13455954, The Woman in the Window (2021]
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Mar-18-22 11:32 AM
I tried to watch this last year and just couldn’t get in to it, but I went back to it because I had watched Rear Window a few weeks ago. This movie is crazy and sad and actually a good movie.
13456026, Reacher, on Amazon Prime…
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Mar-20-22 01:08 PM
I knew I was definitely going to get around to this…wife and I watched both of the Jack Reacher movies and we enjoyed them enough. I was listening to a podcast and dude was saying how the character was from books, first, which I didn’t know. He said a lot of people who read the books weren’t happy with the casting of Tom Cruise, because in the books he’s described as a really big dude. They certainly fixed that in this series, lol. Dude that plays Reacher is a big boy. It’s short at 8 episodes. I ran through the whole season, yesterday. There’s some ridiculous plot aspects, wild violent fight scenes and some terrible one liners…but, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I read it’s been renewed for a second season.
13456914, That series was 80s action movies fun. A good time.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Mar-29-22 07:00 PM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

13456916, Won't lie. Gilded Age was my shit.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Mar-29-22 07:02 PM
And I got so caught up in it I got very concerned that the new head butler might use the wrong forks for the place setting for dinner for the debutante ball. I'm still gangsta.

13456129, Watched Season 3 of Easy over the weekend
Posted by mista k5, Tue Mar-22-22 02:46 PM
I had seen the first 2 but I guess its been that long since I've had Netflix. I still enjoyed this season. Is there anything else like this? It's fun jumping around between different characters/stories.

I also watched Windfall on Netflix, mostly because Jesse Plemons. I enjoyed it. It looks like it's not well reviewed though lol
13456387, We Need to Talk About Cosby (2022)
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Mar-25-22 08:57 PM
I actually did want to re-watch The Cosby Show after, but it isn't available ANYWHERE.
13456418, this and Secrets of Playboy
Posted by Roadblock, Sat Mar-26-22 06:43 PM
keep me from watching the Cosby Show
13456425, Black men seem to be the only villains of this doc
Posted by legsdiamond, Sun Mar-27-22 07:13 AM
13457447, nah Hefner far and away is shown as apex villain
Posted by Roadblock, Mon Apr-04-22 08:08 PM
also Hefner's "helpers" who groomed and recruited girls
13457464, I def didn’t watch it all..
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Apr-05-22 09:59 AM
which is why I made sure to say “seems”

wild how 10 years ago (might be 20, time flies now) we celebrated his show and his 3 GF’s in their 20’s and now everyone is like “hold up, wait a minute”
13456409, Just noticed Volodemyr Zalenskyy's show is on Netflix.
Posted by stravinskian, Sat Mar-26-22 02:58 PM

"Servant of the People." It's surprisingly really good (so far; halfway through the pilot).

Pretty surreal to watch, though. He plays a teacher who makes a viral rant about political corruption and gets elected president for it.

They've already mentioned Putin once.
13456910, Downfall: The Case Against Boeing...
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Mar-29-22 05:58 PM
Geez! Boeing looking like straight up dirt bags in this joint.
13457174, I watched this yesterday. Yep!
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Mar-31-22 08:28 PM
13457448, Going in Style (2017)
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Apr-04-22 08:52 PM
The grocery store scene was funny as hell! My mom recommend this movie to me. She is in these characters age range, and when I first started watching it I was like "nah... this isn't for me," but once I got the that grocery store scene I cried laughing.
13457893, A Black Lady Sketch Show is back for season 3
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Apr-11-22 09:38 AM
I love it!
13457918, Master (2022)
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Apr-11-22 11:49 AM
Not great but surprise ending.
13457920, Better Call Saul season 5
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Apr-11-22 11:50 AM
13457942, Woke Season 2 is out
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Apr-11-22 02:19 PM
I thought it was better than season 1. I howled a few times this season.

Darke Noir had me rolling

starting to see a lot of Black comedy shows clowning white libs and their racist ass over the top bullshit. Shit is hilarious.

13458283, Darque Noir tore his ass up.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Apr-18-22 09:05 PM
13457953, Everything's Gonna be all White (2022)
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Apr-11-22 04:21 PM
13457961, The Dropout (Hulu)
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Apr-11-22 06:01 PM
This was really good. I have alotta thoughts which I won't get into unless someone wants to discuss. Amanda Seyfried does a really good job, althouth at times I seemed to me like she was "mocking" Holmes instead of playing her. Overall really good and has been on my mind for a solid day after finishing. So much to unpack from the entire situation.
13458242, Single Drunk Female on Hulu..
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Apr-17-22 08:30 PM
Season 1 was finished, so I started this morning and finished up by this afternoon. It’s got some very funny parts, but it wasn’t nonstop comedy. I know a couple of people who struggled with alcohol and there was a lot in the show that aligned with thing they went through. Good show. Ally Sheedy played the mother…hadn’t seen her in anything in a minute.
13458246, It was a good watch
Posted by ProgressiveSound, Mon Apr-18-22 07:35 AM
13458285, I’ve been testing the different Batman animated joints on HBOMAX.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Apr-18-22 09:11 PM
The Long Halloween was aight.

I’m going to fight whoever fucked up Death in the Family. Major fumble on that one.

I started “Hush” last night but fell asleep on it.

All of them are hard to watch without the animated series voice cast.
13458660, Hush was real bad, too.
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Apr-26-22 12:54 AM
Gonna try The Dark Knight Returns.
13458347, New York Undercover
Posted by Roadblock, Tue Apr-19-22 06:51 PM
BET or TV1 is re-airing the series. Forgot how much I loved 1st and 2nd seasons
13458427, watching Scarface, what was the purpose of the tiger in the backyard?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Apr-21-22 10:10 AM
was that her wedding gift?

where was the tiger when they attacked him? I guess they tranquilized or killed it?

It would've been cool to see the tiger jump out and start eating mf's lol
13458429, Working my way through Elementary. On season 3.
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Thu Apr-21-22 10:13 AM
Pretty decent take on Sherlock. I've watched both of the RDJ movies and all but one season of the BBC Cumberbatch version. That version isn't streaming anywhere for free, and I was upset that I didn't know they had even made the last season of it. I wanted to catch it but oh well. Apparently there is that last season of Luther as well that I didn't know about and I'll get on that soon too.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.
13458673, Final season of Better Call Saul!
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue Apr-26-22 09:50 AM
13459156, The Way Down 2021
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Apr-28-22 09:49 PM
I watched the first part last year, but the last two episodes were released today.
13459260, They Call Me Magic on Appletv
Posted by Dstl1, Sun May-01-22 01:18 PM
Pretty good. They went really deep into the HIV stuff. Also learned a lot of details about he and Cookie’s relationship.
13459262, I saw the first 2.. liking it so far
Posted by Mynoriti, Sun May-01-22 03:17 PM
interesting timing with all Winning Time stuff lol
13459265, aaaand…
Posted by Dstl1, Sun May-01-22 04:06 PM
The Lakers have their own, nine part docuseries, directed by Antoine Fuqua…coming this year on Hulu.
13459317, holy shit
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon May-02-22 04:23 PM
can't wait.

I love how we got so much content after such a disastrous season lol
13472526, This was really good!!
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Nov-03-22 10:48 PM
13459457, Show question…
Posted by Dstl1, Tue May-03-22 02:15 PM
I have never seen 5 minutes of Breaking Bad or Better call Saul. I am very interested in starting the latter. Will I mis anything, not having seen BB?
13459460, Fun fact…
Posted by Dstl1, Tue May-03-22 02:28 PM
the main character in BCS, Bob Odenkirk, auditioned for the role of Michal Scott on The Office. It came down to he and Steve Carrell and the discussions were heated, but Steve won out.
13460775, yeah you really should watch bb.
Posted by Reeq, Wed May-18-22 11:12 PM
i dont know if its absolutely mandatory. you can prolly fill in a lot of blanks yourself on bcs or do some quick googling/youtubing for short summaries.

but its so much more enjoyable/meaningful if you witness the whole thing unfold. youll also appreciate how things/people develop on bcs into what they eventually are on bb.

i know its a lot to catch up on (plus the earlier seasons of bcs). but i think youd be robbed of the complete experience if you just jumped into bcs.
13460783, right on, sir...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu May-19-22 08:00 AM
once NBA season ends, I think I'll dive into BB, then.
13461542, Agreed. Watch Breaking Bad first.
Posted by SuiteLady, Sun May-29-22 11:05 AM
13460810, it isn’t mandatory but it will give you a much greater appreciation…
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu May-19-22 12:07 PM
for Saul’s story.

13460774, Robin Roberts Presents: Mahalia (2021)
Posted by SuiteLady, Wed May-18-22 10:29 PM
13460776, Finally finished Legion (FX)
Posted by JFrost1117, Wed May-18-22 11:22 PM
That shit was nuts. Crazy time and dimension travel like "Multiverse of Madness".

Wonder Years finale was tonight. Dean finally came clean with Keisa. I was sure he was gonna fuck that up, but he came through.

13460786, Has anyone dared to watch Fox Soul?
Posted by Marbles, Thu May-19-22 10:05 AM

I see it on my TV guide but I haven't been able to bring myself to check it out.
13461602, its a guilty pleasure, and they play good music at night lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue May-31-22 10:41 AM
13463348, i watched the clips on the youtube channel.
Posted by Reeq, Mon Jun-27-22 08:10 PM
they used to post some good panel discussions but seem to be almost exclusively gossip shit now.
13461060, Respect (2021). I didn’t like it. The tv show Genius did better.
Posted by SuiteLady, Sat May-21-22 07:45 PM
13461544, Swan Song (2021)
Posted by SuiteLady, Sun May-29-22 11:07 AM
13461545, The Man Who Fell to Earth (2022)
Posted by SuiteLady, Sun May-29-22 11:08 AM
13461591, Life and Beth - Hulu
Posted by Dstl1, Tue May-31-22 09:01 AM
I generally like Amy Schumer. Her comedy specials were hit and miss, but her old sketch show, Inside Amy Schumer was pretty funny. This show is not hilariously funny, but it is funny. Mostly it's just real. I enjoyed it. It's about people and their fuckedupness and how that affects other people. It's a quick watch. Ten episodes. You can easily knock it out in a day.
13461881, Stillwater (2021)
Posted by SuiteLady, Sat Jun-04-22 11:43 AM
Really good!
13463345, The Umbrella Academy
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Jun-27-22 07:59 PM
I decided to rewatch season one and two. Every season one scene with Klaus in it is good.
13463347, Stranger Things never disappoints. 2nd half of season 4 on July 1st.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Jun-27-22 08:10 PM
And I'll definitely be binging.
13463380, I decided to play Stranger Things...
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jun-28-22 10:41 AM
the same way I did Ozark...not watch ONE second of it until both parts were available. I would have gone berserk waiting for the second half of Ozark, the way the first half ended. That binge life is the only life I know. I am super excited for ST, though.
13463386, I completely understand.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Jun-28-22 10:59 AM
Although the 2nd part drops July 1st, so you could probably start part 1 today and play it just right!
13463382, Ambulance
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jun-28-22 10:45 AM
Admittedly, I am a sucker for this lane of movies. Cops and robbers...who'll outsmart who, type shit. This movie fell right in line. It's a Michael Bay film and he did not disappoint. He went full Michael Bay. I was entertained.
13463416, yeah it was the exact movie i expected
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Jun-28-22 01:05 PM
and that made me really happy
13463388, Motherland: Fort Salem season 3 just started up
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Jun-28-22 11:01 AM
Gonna be on this the next 9 weeks too.
13463415, Dark Winds (AMC)
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Jun-28-22 01:04 PM
in a lot of ways basic crime stuff, but the location/environment, and mostly Native cast make it more intriguing

really enjoying it so far
13463417, i'm watching this too
Posted by Ashy Achilles, Tue Jun-28-22 01:06 PM
some of the acting in the most recent episode was a bit lacking, but i'm all in
13463452, The Baby on HBOMax is crazy
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jun-28-22 09:43 PM
13463478, weird and interesting, just my kind of cup of tea.
Posted by spades, Wed Jun-29-22 10:35 AM
13472524, Definitely strange.
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Nov-03-22 10:40 PM
13463455, The Bear
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jun-28-22 09:45 PM
dudes character from Shameless went to chef school and can cook his ass off... but he got issues.

Show was entertaining.
13463479, Everybody keeps saying he's still playing Lip.
Posted by spades, Wed Jun-29-22 10:37 AM
I don't see it. Lip was a fucking genius (literally) this guy is just good at the one thing, and otherwise he's kind of a fuck up. But it's chicago, and it's him, so....

None the less I liked this shit a LOT. Burned through the whole season in one weekend. I can't wait for the next installment.
13463483, Same wardrobe, same anger, same ticks
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jun-29-22 11:36 AM
its the same character he is just a genius with food.

its like Lip quit college to go to culinary school.

and I enjoyed all of it.
13464338, Lip being a genius was pushed so far into the background of his character
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-13-22 06:58 PM
It may as well have never existed

I haven’t seen The Bear just yet
But seeing that as Lip’s epilogue 100% checks out as a believable path for him

That last season gave us one final tantalizing glimpse of Lip’s capacity, but it was so small, and they moved right past it in such a flippant way, that it almost felt like a “fuck you” to the character.
13467804, I watched the first 2 episodes and I am not feeling it.
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Sep-01-22 02:11 PM
13463484, Flatbush Misdemeanors is back for season 2
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jun-29-22 11:38 AM
and I’m still laughing.

the end of episode 2 had me weak.
13463503, that psychologist is so good man
Posted by grey, Wed Jun-29-22 02:04 PM
show picked up nicely from last season, glad its back.
13463541, oooh, I can't wait.
Posted by spades, Wed Jun-29-22 04:55 PM
13463494, The Old Man (Hulu/Fx)
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Jun-29-22 01:13 PM
pure heat so far.
13463497, really good....
Posted by KnowOne, Wed Jun-29-22 01:20 PM
the twist in ep 3 actually got me. Seems like Im in the minority but I didnt see it coming.
13463775, I saw the preview and was intrigued…gotta wait til it’s done and binge
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jul-03-22 09:40 PM
13463779, yeah they got the episodes free with youtube tv.
Posted by Reeq, Sun Jul-03-22 10:21 PM
i can't wait to binge when it's done.
13464865, This show is really good!
Posted by SuiteLady, Wed Jul-20-22 07:30 PM
13463776, The Girl from Plainville - Hulu….bruh!!!
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jul-03-22 09:41 PM
13463777, I watched “I Love You, Now Die” several years ago. It is the documentary
Posted by SuiteLady, Sun Jul-03-22 09:52 PM
about that story.
13463833, Word? I’d be curious to watch it to see the actual people.
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jul-05-22 10:45 AM
13463831, Candy (2022). It starts slow but is good after the first episode and a
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue Jul-05-22 10:34 AM
half.
13463834, Oooh, I wrestled with starting this, yesterday…
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jul-05-22 10:46 AM
but decided against it.
13463836, Finished Stranger Things last night…**MILD SPOILERS**
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jul-05-22 10:51 AM
and I already miss them damn kids. Dustin is the real MVP. Enjoyed a couple of the new characters, but could have done without the long haired dude. Some of the stuff with El and the lab bored me to tears, but I get why it was necessary. All in all, I loved it. Season 5 has been greenlit and will be the final season.
13467038, i really liked pt 1
Posted by mista k5, Wed Aug-24-22 09:24 AM
watched pt 2 yesterday finally and eh

it felt like they should had just gone for the end there. i was sure el was gonna win and was wondering how they would do a season 5. now...eh

of course ill watch season 5 but less excited lol
13463837, Terminal List - Prime…
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jul-05-22 10:53 AM
Good. I enjoyed it. Along the lines of Jack Ryan and Reacher. Amazon keeps a sneaky, good series.
13464122, have you ever watched zerozerozero?
Posted by Reeq, Sun Jul-10-22 12:44 AM
came out like 2 years ago maybe.

still one of the best series that nobody has heard of. intense as hell.

amazon entertainment marketing is weird as shit.

their original stuff is just mixed in with all the random legacy shit. its hard to even separate whats free with prime and whats not.

their *best* original content is hardly promoted on the front video page (if ever). and their algorithm doesnt do a particularly good job of kicking it up to you.

meanwhile they will blow a ton of money promoting shit like that horrible al pacino nazi hunter series with commercials on network tv.

it makes no sense.
13464128, I do remember some folks talking about that show…
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jul-10-22 01:16 PM
in one of the previous iterations of this post. You’re dead on about Amazon entertainment. I have no idea what they’re going for. Prime Video’s interface is a mess. Nothing is highlighted or prioritized well and the categories are super shitty. The only time I really go there is when I already have a show or movie in mind. Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, even Peacock and Apple…all do a better job of directing a person, who would otherwise not be sure what they were looking for, towards content they would enjoy.
13464133, that series is fire
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-11-22 05:36 AM
13468033, Good show
Posted by makaveli, Tue Sep-06-22 05:08 PM
I wish it didn’t get canceled. Night Sky was also good, didn’t realize it was canceled until I watched the the final cliff hanging episode of the first season.
13463842, Dark Winds on AMC
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-05-22 11:23 AM
only finished the first episode but this looks like its going to be a good one.

called white dude “high pockets”
13466496, i didnt think this was very good
Posted by mista k5, Mon Aug-15-22 09:43 AM
all the commercials for it during better call saul got me interested. i kept waiting for it to get good lol
13464121, Web Of Make Believe: Death, Lies And The Internet (2022)
Posted by SuiteLady, Sat Jul-09-22 11:36 PM
That first episode was shook me.
13464156, Mind Over Murder HBOMax
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-11-22 12:07 PM
Doc about a rape and murder of an elderly woman in small town, Nebraska

6 people convicted, 5 admit to being there

and the kicker is DNA later shows that none of these folks are the killer.

So how do 5/6 people admit to being somewhere they weren’t while giving detailed information??

13464333, The Bear on Hulu
Posted by luminous, Wed Jul-13-22 05:23 PM
It's kitchen confidential meets Chicago hoagie shop... Short and sweet...
13464335, Just finished The Handmaid’s Tale
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-13-22 06:04 PM
Excellent series overall, though it has some narrative issues.

It’s a bit on the nose, and highly relevant to our current sociopolitical climate- and not just because of the way women are treated.

I do need them to tighten the writing though, because there’s a lot that makes little sense, particularly one major choice at the end of season 4.

But the overall story is riveting, and Elizabeth Moss absolutely shines.
13464347, What We Do In the Shadows byke.
Posted by JFrost1117, Thu Jul-14-22 01:26 AM
Still treating Guillermo like complete fucking garbage. I love it.
13464349, Edge of the Earth on HBO Max
Posted by makaveli, Thu Jul-14-22 07:22 AM
These people are nuts.
13464605, One episode of The Old Man left to air....
Posted by Dstl1, Mon Jul-18-22 10:15 AM
couldn't resist. I watched eps 1-6....BANGER! My girl Alia Shawkat from Search Party is in this, too.
13464624, D.B. Cooper: Where Are You?! on Netflix
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Jul-18-22 11:39 AM
13464771, Hustle on Netflix. I enjoyed this even though I am not a sports fan.
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue Jul-19-22 03:27 PM
13464790, I thought it was very good
Posted by makaveli, Tue Jul-19-22 06:17 PM
I am a biased Sixers fan though . I’m glad you liked it, it’s very basketball centric. Nitty gritty stuff.
13464866, I really liked it!
Posted by SuiteLady, Wed Jul-20-22 07:31 PM
13465377, The Old Man season finale...FIRE! Definitely gotta be a Season 2
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Jul-29-22 10:03 AM
13466112, I didn’t like the way S1 ended.
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Aug-08-22 06:24 PM
13465482, The Resort on Peacock is good.
Posted by SuiteLady, Sun Jul-31-22 01:15 PM
13465898, excited about this one...will binge, when the season is done
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Aug-05-22 10:13 AM
13465922, I wish I had taken that approach. Waiting week to week is hard.
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Aug-05-22 12:15 PM
13465899, PREY is on Hulu....definitely watching, this weekend
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Aug-05-22 10:14 AM
13465965, Surface on Apple+ with Gugu Mbatha Raw
Posted by shamus, Fri Aug-05-22 11:44 PM
on ep3. it's good so far
13465970, Prey was FIYAH! 2nd best Predator movie EASILY.
Posted by PROMO, Sat Aug-06-22 12:44 AM
(after the OG of course)

like, how was this not in theaters? i would have QUICKLY paid. this feels like a box office HIT and there's no way this cost very much to make.

was it like, in the tuck the last 2 years from covid and they just wanted to get it out?

thanks for making it watchable in my living room, but you could had my $17 or whatever a prime showing at the movies costs these days.

13466095, Something something something help the bear.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Aug-08-22 04:34 PM
Great CG and foley work to make the bear look and sound Ike he got packed out.
13466155, it was much better than expected
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Aug-09-22 11:28 AM
13466071, finished terminal list
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Aug-08-22 01:25 PM
maybe it got hyped too much for me. i thought it was pretty average.

the scrambled brain flashbacks just annoyed me

not terrible or anything, had some good action, but i had more fun with the jack ryan joints.
13466075, yeah, out of the trio...
Posted by Dstl1, Mon Aug-08-22 01:57 PM
of Jack Ryan, Jack Reacher, Terminal List....I would put them in that order as far as enjoyment. I will say, I bought Chris Pratt as an action guy.
13466105, yea Pratt did fine. i had no issue with him
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Aug-08-22 05:36 PM
def a good role for Tim Riggins.
The only thing i notably disliked was the constant flashbacks

>of Jack Ryan, Jack Reacher, Terminal List....I would put them
>in that order as far as enjoyment. I will say, I bought Chris
>Pratt as an action guy.
13466072, thirteen lives (amazon prime)
Posted by Reeq, Mon Aug-08-22 01:43 PM
about that thailand soccer team cave rescue.

directed by ron howard.

damn good movie.

i'm surprised it didn't come out in theaters. just given the gravity, scope, and cast.
13466734, Yep! Damn good movie.
Posted by SuiteLady, Wed Aug-17-22 10:03 PM
13466096, The Power of the Dog (2021) was good
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Aug-08-22 04:38 PM
13466097, I’m rocking with The Sandman (Netflix)
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Aug-08-22 04:40 PM
I have no reference for the original material so I’m just enjoying it as-is.
13466101, REALLY liking this so far.
Posted by spades, Mon Aug-08-22 05:08 PM
13466489, enjoyed it
Posted by luminous, Mon Aug-15-22 09:03 AM
13466847, First half really good, second half disappointing
Posted by T Reynolds, Fri Aug-19-22 01:44 PM
13467922, agreed. the Rose arc of eps was bad
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Sep-02-22 10:04 PM
show was really strong when it was just Dream bopping around the realms and dealing w/ his family though. eps 5 and 6 especially
13466715, This Fool (hulu)
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Aug-17-22 03:53 PM
pretty much a tv version of Friday, but with mostly Mexicans. I've seen about 5 of them. i'm loving it due to all the familiar shit, but wonder how it's received by a larger audiences.
13466769, I been liking it. My wife, not so much
Posted by T Reynolds, Thu Aug-18-22 11:51 AM
Has some real laugh out loud moments.

Not as good as Reservation Dogs. Only comparing because I'm watching both right now.
13466896, my homeboy, Rogelio...
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Aug-20-22 03:08 PM
and his wife (she just moved to the States in 2019) binged it, recently. He said they were DYING...but, for them it was the accuracy and familiarity. He did say I should check it out, just cuz it is legit funny.
13468495, Like 4 episodes in a row had me rolling...
Posted by QBoogie, Mon Sep-12-22 09:30 PM
I'm hoping for a season 2 announcement!
13466770, suprised nobody brought up Reservation Dogs
Posted by T Reynolds, Thu Aug-18-22 11:57 AM
This show is fantastic

My homie said it reminds him of Atlanta, and I kind of agree.

I would say it's more interesting than entertaining, although it is very funny at times

The depth and relatable quality of all the characters and larger dialogue about native culture existing inside American culture, and confronting NDN stereotypes is all pretty unique to see on television.

My homie whose pops is from the Pala rez said the show is cool because it's very much consistent with what he sees as everyday shit, but that represents the culture accurately to other people.

Season one was good, season two I feel like fixes all the problems and improves on the storytelling and character development.
13466771, yeah, been on it from the start. it's fucking great
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Aug-18-22 12:00 PM
It's mentioned in one of the earlier tv posts so I hope people are on S2
13466784, One of the best shows on TV right now...
Posted by Marbles, Thu Aug-18-22 01:06 PM

Not enough people are talking about it. My girl said they were snubbed big time at the Emmys.

13466972, OMG! I didn’t realize season two had started. I love this show!
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Aug-22-22 10:17 PM
It also doesn’t feel like it has been a year since I last watch this.
13468097, Now I want a Free Cheese shirt. There has to be one on Etsy.
Posted by SuiteLady, Wed Sep-07-22 01:22 PM
That episode had me tearing up at the end.
13468157, Just watched it last night. It was fantastic.
Posted by Marbles, Thu Sep-08-22 09:59 AM

I tend to bounce around with who my favorite character is. But it's been Cheese for a couple of weeks now.

I hollared when Bear told Cheese to do parkour out the window.

This show deserves way more props. My girl was salty because she said they got snubbed at the Emmys.
13468496, RE: Now I want a Free Cheese shirt. There has to be one on Etsy.
Posted by QBoogie, Mon Sep-12-22 09:32 PM
Did the Grandma episode not turn on water works?
13466831, We Need to Talk About Cosby
Posted by luminous, Fri Aug-19-22 10:57 AM
it's on Amazon Prime...
13466844, Untold: The Girlfriend Who Didn't Exist - Netflix....
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Aug-19-22 12:41 PM
man, some great details that help you understand what dude was going through. It obviously was all laughs, back then, when it came out. This really makes you feel for him and he didn't actually do anything wrong...he just got caught up.
13466857, man, this was amazing!!! Watched it a second time....
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Aug-19-22 02:44 PM
dude probably got robbed of a much better NFL career.
13466897, one of the few documentaries that actually changed my mind
Posted by Reeq, Sat Aug-20-22 03:50 PM
about something i witnessed in real life.

because i was for sure in the camp that believed he was in on the scam to elevate his image for his career, the heisman, etc.

that was the picture much of the media and the sports world was painting at the time. whether they wanna admit it or not. i see more than a few old tweets being pulled up to compare/contrast some media folks takes then vs now.

i specifically remember that dr phil episode where he said all of these linguistic specialists concluded there was very little chance the voice on the phone was the voice of the actual perpetrator who was literally confessing to doing it.

great job by the doc makers illuminating all of the facts and painting a more truthful picture of what happened.

it wont bring teos career back or erase the trauma that ruined such an important age/point in his life. but hopefully it can restore his credibility and provide some much needed closure to that painful chapter.
13466898, good shit..
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Aug-20-22 03:57 PM
with that said, did you feel from watching it...that he was free from it? Part of me feels like he's not really over it and maybe won't ever be. He has grown to be such a solid man, whereas when all that shit was happening, he was literally a kid. I also felt a certain amount of sympathy for Ronaiah. It must have been brutal to live in that culture and know you weren't being who you felt you were...and couldn't be.
13466899, i felt he was still grappling with it and it was still painful.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Aug-20-22 04:22 PM
you could tell during some really emotional responses he had to recounting parts of the story.

and its understandable because basically the whole country was against him in some way...either believing he was an idiot for getting catfished or an active accomplice...except the people that were close to him and that one chick at the draft going crazy when he got picked lol.

salute to him for being grounded in his genuine faith and not becoming bitter, anti-media, etc and not letting it change what type of person *he* is.

as far as ronaiah...ive seen the doc getting a bit of heat for i guess normalizing/platforming the villain. but i dont think it was their job to take/paint sides. if that were the case...the entire true crime genre would evaporate since you couldnt explore the views/motives of thieves, serial killers, etc.

their job was to give as much detail about the story as possible. and they did a great job of exposing the type of pathology and the inner workings of a person that led them to be dedicated to such an elaborate scheme to remain connected to someone they 'loved'. and yeah...i did have sympathy for him/her.

very well done. its been a good while since ive watched a truly compelling doc on netflix.
13467798, This was so good
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Sep-01-22 01:49 PM
i really felt for him, and also a good run through about how shitty and sloppy the media can be.

13467914, Really Good. I cried at the end and was mad no jail time was served.
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Sep-02-22 07:22 PM
13466902, Love Life season 2
Posted by legsdiamond, Sat Aug-20-22 07:42 PM
Shit was fantastic

This was beautiful and hilarious
13467807, I feel like season 2 should be its own series
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Sep-01-22 02:20 PM
13475472, those pieces of shit at HBO Max cancelled it and removed it from the platform
Posted by shamus, Fri Dec-23-22 09:32 PM
platform
13466969, Love Death and Robots Season 3
Posted by Crash Bandacoot, Mon Aug-22-22 06:42 PM
Jibaro is one of the best animations that i've ever seen.
13466998, Untold: The Rise and Fall of And 1
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Aug-23-22 02:38 PM
Man...Untold does it RIGHT! I never knew/understood why And 1 just evaporated (the basketball part) after that ESPN show. Good stuff.
13467005, Wind River (2017) <- this was good
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue Aug-23-22 04:19 PM
13467230, Outer Range (2022) is not really good, but I keep watching to
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Aug-25-22 10:49 AM
figure out what is going on.
13467677, Geronimo: An American Legend (1993)
Posted by SuiteLady, Wed Aug-31-22 02:19 PM
Really beautiful scenery. Engrossing story. Favorite quote “Must be Texans. Lowest form of white man there is.” lol
13467805, Severance
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Sep-01-22 02:14 PM
I am only on episode 2 but I like it so far.
13467916, This turned out to be really good. I see articles online saying that s2
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Sep-02-22 07:24 PM
is delayed which sucks. I was so on edge at the end of s1.
13467921, Just started Superstore.
Posted by JFrost1117, Fri Sep-02-22 09:54 PM
The clips found their way into my YouTube algorithm because I think I’ve maxed out on Parks & Rec and Brooklyn 9-9 clips. This shit is hilarious.
13467929, Honk for Jesus Save your Soul is AWFUL!
Posted by SuiteLady, Sat Sep-03-22 08:35 AM
13467933, 😳….wife and I are having dinner and watching it, tonight…
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Sep-03-22 01:12 PM
we’ve been pretty excited about it, too. I’ll let you know, tomorrow.
13467958, Yo, Sis…I gotta respectfully disagree with you…this was dope.
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Sep-04-22 08:36 AM
We both enjoyed the hell ouf of it. Sterling was good as usual (he’s from the Lou, too 😉), but Regina Hall killed it as the black church First Lady. As someone who grew up in church, this movie hit so many notes. I’d watch it again, for sure.
13467984, RE: Honk for Jesus Save your Soul is AWFUL!
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Sep-05-22 01:43 AM
I was locked in until the ending.
13468035, What Didn’t You Like About It?
Posted by makaveli, Tue Sep-06-22 05:12 PM
13468099, not sure what it was but it felt like they made it on a shoestring budget
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Sep-07-22 01:26 PM
I didn’t finish it.

13467965, Pam & Tommy on Hulu. I didn’t expect this level of nudity.
Posted by SuiteLady, Sun Sep-04-22 03:58 PM
There is literally a talking penis in the second episode.
13467979, Beyond the Headlines: The Carlina White Story
Posted by SuiteLady, Sun Sep-04-22 08:29 PM
Damn
13473079, abducted the carlina white story <- the scripted version of ^
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Nov-11-22 10:41 AM
13467982, Beyond the Headlines: The Kamiyah Mobley Story
Posted by SuiteLady, Sun Sep-04-22 09:57 PM
Damn damn
13468030, The Forgiven (2021) this ended better than I expected
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue Sep-06-22 04:01 PM
13468477, 5 Days at Memorial is fantastic
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Sep-12-22 06:29 PM
such a gut punch

conditions were awful but you get to see how racism takes over and whiteness always finds a way to survive in harsh conditions.

13472358, Yep! Heartbreaking to watch and know it is based on reality.
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue Nov-01-22 05:52 PM
13468502, Industry S1 to S2 is quite a leap
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Sep-12-22 10:33 PM
S1 seemed like it didnt really know what it was trying to be but S2 is firing on all cylinders rn.
13468504, Late pass on Dave. This shit is hilarious.
Posted by Heinz, Mon Sep-12-22 11:48 PM
Feels like Super Bad x Entourage. Fun show.
13471424, Werewolf by Night (2022) was good!
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Oct-20-22 06:54 PM
On Disney+
13471681, The Midnight Club (2022)
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Oct-24-22 04:14 PM
13471685, i watched a few eps and quit. too boring.
Posted by Reeq, Mon Oct-24-22 05:38 PM
13472090, Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Oct-28-22 01:14 PM
I thought I would like this because I like the podcast, but two episodes in and I don’t like it so far. I’ll stick with Alfred Hitchcock Presents or The Twilight Zone.
13472107, … but episode 3 was good.
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Oct-28-22 04:37 PM
13473022, these are kinda hit and miss
Posted by infin8, Thu Nov-10-22 12:17 PM
like the first and the third.

nothing like Hitchcock/Sterling, I agree.

these aint bad, tho.
13472106, Love Is Blind season THREE on Netflix now.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Oct-28-22 04:36 PM
13472390, final eps out today.
Posted by PROMO, Wed Nov-02-22 10:21 AM
13472474, I am done after this season. These ppl are beyond absurd!!
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Nov-03-22 11:44 AM
I am at episode 3 and I have burst into laughter several times already. The jumping jacks, the eye drops, it is just ridiculous.
13472521, if you keep watching
Posted by shamus, Thu Nov-03-22 09:34 PM
I think you'll find Raven's arc to be interesting

but yes, those jumping jacks were a choice
13472587, it was interesting for sure... I still don't like this cast
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Nov-04-22 05:23 PM
13472999, Barftise is a piece of barfshit!
Posted by SuiteLady, Wed Nov-09-22 10:01 PM
13474824, Hated the first season. Didn't watch the 2nd. LOVED this one.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Dec-13-22 05:08 PM
I mean it's crazy dumb. And most reality shows, especially established ones, have a shelf life because the contestants become too self-aware for the show to NOT jump the shark.

But this one had some great personalities and interesting stories throughout. Dug it.
13472111, Halfway through From Scratch (Netflix)
Posted by snacks, Fri Oct-28-22 06:51 PM
Keeping the tissue nearby for the last half
13472223, All Quiet on the Western Front (2022 - Netflix) ...damn
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Oct-31-22 11:59 AM
This was really really good
13472224, Really fucking good.
Posted by PROMO, Mon Oct-31-22 12:18 PM
I saw this "movie guy" on tik tok who makes a lot of noise and who i generally agree with (aka usually has a reasonable outlook about movies) say this was in his Top 3 film he saw this year and he's seen 80 new releases, so far.

he said he was pissed he didn't watch it on the big screen.

he raved about the technical acheivements in filming and sound design and editing, but also the rawness, writing and acting.

i really couldn't agree more.
13472291, Reasonable Doubt (Hulu)
Posted by Pamalama, Tue Nov-01-22 07:56 AM
I’m glad to see Emayatzy Corinealdi in lead role.
13472361, The Patient (Hulu) is really good
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Nov-01-22 08:18 PM
It's not going to be for everyone, and I get some folks negative reaction to it. But its a series for grown up and dealing with some really adult themes about parenting, death, and the meaning of life. It had me from beginning to end.

13472362, I didn’t like it. I watched the whole thing but was ready for it
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue Nov-01-22 10:29 PM
to end at the 4th episode. The Ezra storyline was good though. That moment when he compared 5he compassion he was showing Sam vs the lack of compassion he showed for Ezra was compelling. And then the letter… yeah, that was touching.
13472365, Probably could have been a couple of episodes shorter
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-02-22 07:23 AM
which is true for most shows these days, but it worked for me with the week by week drop and I couldn't wait each week for an episode.

I don't want to spoil anything else but I thought the Jewish philosophy stuff and how the holocaust still weighs on people was really interesting.

13472387, Yeah, they flipped the script on me...
Posted by Marbles, Wed Nov-02-22 10:06 AM

I thought it was gonna be some kind of horror series with some psychological torture thrown in.

But it wasn't that at all. It hit all of the themes that you mentioned and hit them a little hard too.

It was very solid.
13472399, Barney Miller (Amazon Prime)
Posted by handle, Wed Nov-02-22 11:25 AM
Been binging it.

Seasons 1 through mid season 6 are absolutely hilarious, at least a couple of laugh out loud moments every episode.

It's smart, they talk about social issues that we still talk about today, and the relationships are realistic and evolve over time.

And the tribute show to Jack Soo was so well done I'm amazed it happened.

This is *my* Friends.

But, the writing in late seasons 6 has gotten dicey, we'll see if they come back or not.

Then Night Court binging starts, that show is basically Barney Miller but more crass and the first 6 seasons are also comedy gold!

13472446, Killer Sally (2022)
Posted by SuiteLady, Wed Nov-02-22 10:18 PM
Bodybuilding is gross. Their bodies look disgusting to me, but the documentary is interesting.
13472532, Let the Right One In
Posted by T Reynolds, Fri Nov-04-22 08:00 AM
First of all... when I first saw who played the girl... I was like GTFOH, cause she appeared 'spontaneously' on America's Got Talent (the wife is a fan I get dragged in) slightly before this show premiered. Shit felt like a set up, and she did sing Amazing Grace PRETTY WELL, but then to find out she was already a star of this show, I felt like guarantees she was a plant in the audience.

That petty shit aside, she is very good in this role, and Demian Bichir adds some weight to cast. Anika Noni Rose is highly watchable as the detective / neighbor / mother. The root and the quest for the cure for the vampiric disease is a great base to set up the character sub-narratives.

So far through the first 3 eps I can find very little to pick at, this shit is highly entertaining and a great spinoff of the 2008 movie.

13474734, Season 1 just ended, and I gotta say, it was insanely good
Posted by T Reynolds, Tue Dec-13-22 07:52 AM
It's a shame I'm not seeing any buzz about this show, but after seeing how season 1 ended, I have to give the strongest recommendation possible to give it a shot

13472541, Latest season of the Sinner is going pretty good
Posted by tomjohn29, Fri Nov-04-22 09:37 AM
Queing up White Lotus new season
13474717, I am not coming back for a third season of White Lotus
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Dec-12-22 07:05 PM
for the same reason I cannot watch succession. I just can't watch those people for entertainment.
13472586, The Greatest Beer Run Ever (2022). Hard to watch someone so dumb.
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Nov-04-22 05:22 PM
13472617, Gangs of London is that shit
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Nov-05-22 11:37 PM
imagine the action of Banshee, the gunplay of a CoD game, the fight scenes of John Wick, and the house intrigue of early GOT.

but in the upper world of Top Boy, rather than the street level stuff that show deals with.

blew threw the 2 seasons in a week
13472675, it really is! Im half way through season 2
Posted by KnowOne, Mon Nov-07-22 09:01 AM
nm
13473109, oh shit. i had no idea it was back
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Nov-11-22 04:25 PM
i have to re-watch S1 first because i've forgotten nearly everything.
13475031, Season 2 was a bit much
Posted by JiggysMyDayJob, Thu Dec-15-22 06:58 PM
Just too many strange twists. It was good up until ep 7. They made Elliot John Wick 2.0
13472628, Hungry Hearts (2014). It starts slow but was a surprisingly good watch.
Posted by SuiteLady, Sun Nov-06-22 10:52 AM
13474177, Scrooged (1988) I hadn't watched it before. I liked it.
Posted by SuiteLady, Sat Dec-03-22 12:38 AM
13474693, Tulsa King... meh
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Dec-12-22 02:41 PM
its the exact show i expected even though i was kinda hoping it would exceed that.

definitely the least heavy show i've of the Sheridan verse, which isn't a bad thing in itself, but its pretty underwhelming so far.

i may or may not finish out the season.
13474707, Emergency (2022) ... at first I wasn't sure but I quickly got in to it
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Dec-12-22 05:02 PM
13474821, just saw there's a new Last Chance U basketball up
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Dec-13-22 04:25 PM
looks to be a continuation, at ELAC... i can't remember if it was a championship game but i remember right it was spring 2020 and covid killed everything for them. game got cancelled when they were on the bus.

think i'm gonna re-watch at least the final episode of last season first
13474822, Couple recs...
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Dec-13-22 05:05 PM
Bullet Train (currently on Netflix) was a really fun, dumb, dispensable ride.

Welcome to Chippendales (Hulu) is fantastic. Amazing performances all around.

White Lotus Season 2 (HBO) was great - IMO better than the first season.

Barry Season 3 (HBO) - INCREDIBLE.

I haven't seen a lot of theatrical releases this year yet but it's screener season, baby.There's a lot more but I didn't see these ones named here (mostly)
13474830, watched Bullet Train on the flight home
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Dec-13-22 08:56 PM
it was entertaining and fun

Chippendales is on my list

I think I liked season 1 of White Lotus better but I enjoyed season 2

Never watched Barry. I keep hearing good things about it.

13475094, Welcome to Chippendales Is really good!
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Dec-16-22 10:30 PM
13475095, Secrets of the Chippendales Murders, the doc, is also good!
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Dec-16-22 10:32 PM
13474831, Manifest S4
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Dec-13-22 09:51 PM
Religious people on this show are VERY comfortable with murder.
13474832, Southside (season 3) on HBO Max
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Tue Dec-13-22 10:28 PM
13474915, watched the first Ep of Kindred..
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Dec-14-22 11:23 PM
I’m good
13475033, Ooooh noooooo! Someone please tell me it's good.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Dec-15-22 09:04 PM
Cause I really want to watch it and like it.

13475027, Harry & Meghan: Becoming Royal
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Dec-15-22 06:22 PM
13475114, The Volcano: Rescue from Whakaari
Posted by SuiteLady, Sat Dec-17-22 11:22 PM
Damn!
13475160, Does re-watching old stuff count?
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Dec-19-22 11:11 AM
If so, I busted out the blu-rays for the first season of True Detective and watched all eight episodes this weekend because of a scene that popped up when I was browsing youtube. So glad I copped the first season when I did years ago.

It's amazing how well the show holds up. I'm not typing out any breaking news here, but this was true masterclass television on so many levels. Almost feels like the first season was lightning in a bottle since the second and third seasons were so much worse.
13475381, Season 3 of Jack Ryan on Prime video, dropped yesterday...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Dec-22-22 01:56 PM
I'm all over that, this weekend.
13475747, Cyrano (2021) it was good!
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Dec-29-22 06:01 PM
13475783, The Report (2019) is actually good if you pay attention
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Dec-30-22 07:46 PM