Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTisha Campbell is sounding real Jussie Smollett right now....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13452824
13452824, Tisha Campbell is sounding real Jussie Smollett right now....
Posted by thegodcam, Mon Jan-31-22 10:26 AM
https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/28/tisha-campbell-almost-snatched-up-spreading-awareness-sex-trafficking/
TISHA CAMPBELL
WARNS ALLEGED TRAFFICKERS, 'I AIN'T GINA, BITCH!!!'
Says She Was Almost Taken

Tisha Campbell is pissed off about a scary run-in with men she believes were sex traffickers, and she's got a warning for any others in the town where she's currently working.

A source close to Tisha tells TMZ the incident went down in Brownsville, Texas, about 10 minutes from the Mexican border ... where Tisha is working on an independent film.

We're told someone from a hotel she was staying at gave her a number to call for a taxi -- as Tisha explains, there weren't any Ubers available in the area. But, when the taxi pulled up, Tisha alleges a man hopped out of the backseat, and barked at her to get in the vehicle ... and that's when she knew things were very sketchy.

The "Martin" star explains she told the guy "no", but he and the driver kept demanding she get in their ride. She never did.
Our sources say Tisha's been working a project with sex and human trafficking expert Toni Rivera on trafficking ... so she was hyper vigilant for just such a situation. Tisha says she eventually told both guys to "f***off!" before going back to the front desk.

Apparently, the lady working there had no idea why Tisha was given that number to call a cab -- she tried asking who the driver was, but that's still unclear.

Tisha didn't contact cops, as we're told the employees at the hotel made sure she got out of there safely.

We still don't know who gave her the number or if they believed she was being set up ... but Tisha is sure about one thing. As for the alleged traffickers, she says ... "They got me f***ed up. I ain't Gina bitch!!!"
13452833, Brownsville? I believe it.
Posted by MEAT, Mon Jan-31-22 11:49 AM
13452837, One major difference between this and Jussie Smollett
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Jan-31-22 12:02 PM
is that Tisha Campbell didn't contact the police and file a police report, so legally she is in the clear even if her account of the events is dubious.

The worst that'll happen to her is getting eye rolls for the 15 minutes this will be in people's consciousness.

She'll be alright in the end, assuming she doesn't take this any further.
13452839, It’s weird not to involve police if this is true.
Posted by tariqhu, Mon Jan-31-22 12:26 PM
Which makes it seem shady.
13452842, Police near the border are not to be trusted.
Posted by MEAT, Mon Jan-31-22 01:00 PM
Even less than normal police
13452843, Just to be clear, I'm not defending her claims
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Jan-31-22 01:07 PM
nor am I sticking up for her.

My overall point is that this story will probably die down assuming she doesn't go any further since she didn't break any laws and the police nor the Texas court system will go after her like Chicago went after Smollett.

Add to the fact that Tisha Campbell isn't a huge star and most folks don't care about her day to day affairs that deeply.

I'll be surprised if folks will remember this story next week.
13452848, Police wouldn’t do anything
Posted by luminous, Mon Jan-31-22 02:42 PM
You can’t report an almost crime to the police. I tried that once. I was almost mugged. But I thought the mugger was an aggressive holla so i ignored him and ran away. The police were like, yeah, nothing happened to you so you can’t file a report…
13452881, you can report information about a possible sex trafficking operation.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Feb-01-22 04:49 AM
maybe its something they care about and are already investigating (especially in that area).

theyve caught serial killers (and other criminals) with tips from people who crossed their paths and noticed something suspicious or were almost victims (even tho legally no crime had been committed).

i mean...they do have tip lines for a reason lol.
13452840, Naw, you got her f***ed up. She ain't Jussie bitch!!!
Posted by FLUIDJ, Mon Jan-31-22 12:53 PM
13452876, sex trafficking "experts" are just con artists
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Feb-01-22 01:44 AM
and anyone working with one

is going to see themselves being "almost" sex trafficked everywhere

idk if somebody was trying to rob her or what, but most likely they were just trying to give a ride in a not exactly legal car service

nobody is sex trafficking 50 year old women with homes and jobs who aren't drug addicts, it just doesn't work like that.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13452879, basically
Posted by thegodcam, Tue Feb-01-22 03:17 AM

>nobody is sex trafficking 50 year old women with homes and
>jobs who aren't drug addicts, it just doesn't work like that.
>

13452880, theres a lot to be skeptical of.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Feb-01-22 04:42 AM
working on a project about sex trafficking then coincidentally almost falling victim. i could see if she was undercover or something like that and intentionally put herself in the crosshairs of a sex trafficking operation.

like rjcc said...sex traffickers arent really going after grown middle aged women. especially in a border town like brownsville. theyre grabbing up young immigrant girls who are either trying to cross the border or in surrounding immigrant communities who are hesitant to call the authorities because of their citizenship status.

brownsville has an airport and hotel industry with a steady flow of tourist traffic. its where people land on trips to/from south padre island. theres plenty of uber availability. and there are legit cabs, shuttles, etc that you can find with your phone (like most normal people).

so she got a shady phone number from a hotel worker who was possibly conspiring with sex traffickers...alleged sex traffickers show up to possibly commit a crime while revealing their identity...shes doing a project on sex trafficking (i assume on the side of fighting it)...shes a witness to (and has information about) a possible sex trafficking operation that may have abducted women against their will (and continue to)...and she doesnt report any of this to the authorities so that they *might* be able to stop it in the future?

any security camera or phone footage in this day and age of security camera and phone footage? i mean...she is filming an independent film in the area. nobody around is documenting the day to day stuff for social media, promo, etc either? after the alleged commotion between her and the cabbies...nobody caught a pic/video of the cab pulling away?

sex traffickers just yelling at women to get in the car and hopeful that they will comply? no gun, physical force, etc?

iono mayne.

13452883, Brownsville aint got shit going on in January
Posted by MEAT, Tue Feb-01-22 10:06 AM
Was just down there three weeks ago.
13452895, i didnt realize brownsville pd essentially called bullshit 2 days ago.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Feb-01-22 10:59 AM
https://www.facebook.com/BROWNSVILLEPOLICEDEPARTMENT/posts/3054276551480529

they couldnt validate she stayed in any brownsville hotels at all or any other claim she made in the video.

13452901, the tmz story is updated with her now saying it wasnt in brownsville.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Feb-01-22 11:13 AM
she claims it was a marriott in south padre island.

south padre island is a distinctly different place from brownsville. its 25 mins (and a bridge crossing) away and its a resort/beach area.

south padre is more security cammed up than brownsville so that police department will prolly weigh in soon too.

i hope she aint just doing all this for clout or promo.
13452902, I mean.. I could believe a kidnapping but for sex? cmon Gina
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Feb-01-22 11:19 AM
13452944, Tisha here out like this:
Posted by Ray_Snill, Tue Feb-01-22 07:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iNd-1IPrGI

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif
13452968, lmao, never heard of this movie
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Feb-02-22 11:00 AM
13452979, I forgot they were in this movie
Posted by Ashy Achilles, Wed Feb-02-22 12:23 PM
13452976, The fact that the Jussie shit JUST happened and was a big
Posted by Adwhizz, Wed Feb-02-22 11:50 AM
story in the news would make me think she's not making this up (she still could be) just for the sheer audacity/stupidity after seeing how that worked out for Smollett
13452980, I don't think she's 'making it up', but her interpretation of certain events...
Posted by GOMEZ, Wed Feb-02-22 12:27 PM
probably pretty off. She wasn't seconds away from being 'trafficked'.
13452982, yup.. but don’t want to make light of her experience
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Feb-02-22 02:08 PM
I mean.. I knew a woman who looked like a dude (she was obviously gay) who was kidnapped, raped and left for dead in New Mexico by some mexicans

shit does happen

she wasn’t 50 but Tisha looks much better than the woman this happened to

13452987, The Rio Grand Valley is Texas’ boogeyman
Posted by MEAT, Wed Feb-02-22 03:44 PM
Just a huge swath of anything can happen for dozens and dozens of miles
13452981, We're not believing women in 2022?
Posted by Nopayne, Wed Feb-02-22 12:30 PM
13452983, sex trafficking hysteria is bullshit
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-02-22 02:54 PM
listening to survivors of sex trafficking, including women, will tell you what it is and what it isn't

she is by her own admission working closely with someone who is increasing her belief in something that is fake

whether or not she was being set up to be robbed, attacked, whatever, I don't know and can't know

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at