Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectcmon....the team sports politics has to stop
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13452072&mesg_id=13452105
13452105, cmon....the team sports politics has to stop
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Jan-19-22 01:39 PM

If Trump or any other GOP Prez handled COVID this way they'd be getting straight Fs.

Focusing only on vaccines.

Telling vaxxed to unmask before the data supported it.

Not doing everything possible to improve vaccination rates.

Not doing a "warp speed" type focus on treatments.

Not vaxxing the world to decrease variants.

No paid leave so sick people can stay home.

Obsessively focusing on getting kids back in school so their parents can get their asses back to work.

No defense production act.

No masks/tests for a year...and now its half assed.

Mixed messaging in general.

No learned lessons from Delta...and its likely no learned lessons from Omnicron.

Just on COVID alone, anyone rating him higher than a C gets a side eye from me because that is some hypocrite shit.

A GOP admin does everything I listed and it would be pitchforks around here.

There are other issues too, but the COVID shit is like Katrina, 9-11, "Missoion Accomplished" etc all wrapped into one terrible package.

They have not meant the moment. 1/6 and the pandemic could have lead to bigger things had they come out the gate.

Court reform. Voting rights. BBB.

Biden had a honeymoon phase + a short period where the GOP were turning on each other and the whole country had pictures of a gotdamn siege on the capital.

How Dems didn't turn that sentiment + multiple crises (pandemic, economic) into more is beyond fucking me.

In general, this admin is struggling because they have no sales person. So the good stuff they have done gets lost in the sauce because Joe is too old, Kamala is horrible off the cuff, etc.

Its okay to not grade your preferred team on a curve. Just cuz Trump was a fucking F----- or whatever, doesn't mean our guy is automatically a B.