Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI got a whole section of family that's in a bad place.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13451581&mesg_id=13451652
13451652, I got a whole section of family that's in a bad place.
Posted by tariqhu, Wed Jan-12-22 05:50 PM
they're all siblings of each other with kids, and grands. all my cousins.

the oldest brother didn't visit his sister when she was in the hospital. that sister is my age, but has had terrible health issues. 3 strokes, HBP, and diabetes. On dialysis 3-4 days a week.

anyway, she got covid last year and was in the hospital for days. he didn't even contact her. I basically had stopped talking to him well before then on some other shit. so her daughter cussed him out about it. that was the straw for her. he'd done enough selfish acts and she was fed up. so she gave him some words. he was more upset about how she delivered the message and I'm not even sure he got the actual reasoning for getting cuss out.

I talked to him today because his sister no longer wants to live, but wants her siblings and me to hang out with her more. he says he didn't go because he didn't want to see her like that. I told him nobody wants to see their people down, but your people need support in those times. also said he was being completely selfish by thinking about what he wants/doesn't want, while his immediate fam is possibly dying of covid.

asked him if he and the daughter talked since she gave him words. he said not about that or him not visiting his sister. hoping my talk with him today will help him see where he's wrong, but his history says I wasted my time. we'll see.

hoping my talk with him will push him forward, but I trust that it won't. he typicall