Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI respect where your're coming from but, i just don't know the answer
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13450579&mesg_id=13451250
13451250, I respect where your're coming from but, i just don't know the answer
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Jan-06-22 05:02 PM
..as CT pointed out earlier, the commentary is always skewed towards why can't the vaccinated people be more empathetic towards the people who chose not to be vaccinated. But it seems they want to be both the aggressors and victims at the same time. From the passive "i have my reasons/its my body" person to the one aggressively spreading misinformation, to the person spitting on the walmart clerk for asking them to wear a mask. they're the ones actively making everything worse for not only themselves but everyone else, for reasons articulated ad-nauseum throughout this post.

I'm pretty uncomfortable with the whole deplatofming/censoring thing even though i understand it... and yeah, I think liberals laughing at unvaxxed people dying (i've seen it alot too) is shitbird behavior, but throwing your hands up, or the exhausted 'fuck it, die then' is perfectly human reaction at this juncture. even if it's not exactly productive

but even with that, the body count of this pandemic isn't a result of liberals being mean. If there's anything that makes me feel bad for much of the unvaxxed population is that they're fooled by (again...overwhelmingly vaccinated/boosted) pundits and politicians egging them that this is some kind of freedom fight, and many are giving their lives and orphaning their kids for nothing.

it reminds me of the exhaustive narrative of pointing out half the country voted for Trump so it's on the people who didn't vote for him need to be more understanding and empathetic towards them. and that would be great if it actually went both ways. If/when repubs win big in 22/24 your're not gonna see Tucker Carlson/Fox/Ted Cruz, the national review or even Rogan or Tulsi Gabbard saying, hey we need to realize half he country voted against this. It's 100% gonna be suck it liberals, no one likes you.

i'm all for civility in a general sense but i can skim even this post and throw my hands up and say, yeah nevermind on just that alone lol.